• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday

Best Forum ever!

Comment

Very Cool
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE
      I've been a bit slack...and a bit busy....and a bit unwell (Atrial lead replacement) but picking up speed again.

Comment

It's already been five years...

Happy anniversary !
        Creator of the Weta tidbit of the day thread and The other Weta newsletter

Comment

Five Years, it feels longer. I mean this in a very positive way. Flame of Udun seems to have been in our Weta conscious for longer. Maybe because we continue to communicate with so many of the forum members from Shadow and Flame that makes it go beyond these five years. We also refer to the forum for Hobbit Hole reference and they have been going for some time. I feel that I have been mispronouncing Minuiallliwan for longer than I can remember. The forum may be five, but the people have been with us for a lot longer than that.

It has been said and inferred many times that the forum is a vital part of Weta fandom and our means of directly connecting to our fans for feedback and ideas. Flame of Udun and all that sail in her, are definitely part of the greater Weta family. Happy five, have a good one.

Comment

Happy Birthday Flame Of Udun!!!. Even though I took a little time away from the forum it was always on my mind. Thanks to you Mods for everything you have done to make this a special place.

Comment

Woohoo Dave Tremont, great to see you buddy! Hope you and yours are all doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Tremont View Post

Five Years, it feels longer. I mean this in a very positive way. Flame of Udun seems to have been in our Weta conscious for longer. Maybe because we continue to communicate with so many of the forum members from Shadow and Flame that makes it go beyond these five years. We also refer to the forum for Hobbit Hole reference and they have been going for some time. I feel that I have been mispronouncing Minuiallliwan for longer than I can remember. The forum may be five, but the people have been with us for a lot longer than that.

It has been said and inferred many times that the forum is a vital part of Weta fandom and our means of directly connecting to our fans for feedback and ideas. Flame of Udun and all that sail in her, are definitely part of the greater Weta family. Happy five, have a good one.

What a joy it is to see you back on the forum Dave. I just hope it doesn't take another 5 years before you return again.
                Thank you so much for taking the time to post, it is always great to hear from Weta people, especially those that love hobbit holes as much as I do.
                Okay, just about as much, I would not want anyone thinking you are as 'insane' as I am.

Yes many of us that you meet just over 5 years ago are still very much a part of the forum, or still at Weta.
                There is only one from this picture I know is no longer posting, one that just recently posted, like you, wishing us all a happy fifth, and two I'm not sure about.

As far as pronouncing my name, Min really isn't that hard to say.

I have to keep looking it up as well, here you go: Minuialwen = Min-wee-ahl-wehn
                (look under "Dawn")

Hope all is going wonderfully for you, your family and friends.

Comment

Huh. There's a first. Never knew your forum name was the Elvish translation of your real name.

Comment

Is that picture taken in The Roxy cinema?

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                      Is that picture taken in The Roxy cinema?
                      It is. We celebrated S&F 10 years there

Comment

Nice, I recognized the stairs

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

It is. We celebrated S&F 10 years there
                          So, are we still on for the celebration of the 20th anniversary of LotR in New Zealand next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post

So, are we still on for the celebration of the 20th anniversary of LotR in New Zealand next year?
                            December 2021?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

December 2021?
                              Yes. I believe the word Mod-moot has been mentioned several times. Or are ex-mods excluded from the event?

Comment

Mr Tremont.
                                The Red Room
                                https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Wow 5 years!?!? Where has the time gone? I feel so old! Haha

Happy birthday Flamers!

And so great to see you Megan !!! Hope you have been well, and safe during this crazy time!
                                  "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

For those who haven't stumbled upon it yet, we are having a 5th Anniversary Giveaway right now. Less then one day left

Comment

Some of you saw a sneak peek of this back in 2016, the finished* version is coming soon

* we will never be finished as soon as Weta exists

Comment

Happy birthday FoU!!! ( I missed you guys after who knows how many years ) I see admins are still doing an amazing job

Comment

Working...
                                        X