History of the Barrow-Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Otaku View Post

Chatter on FB from Raymond E Gaustadnes says these "non-UC" Barrow-Blades will be available via MansionProps shortly...good news for all who really want em
    Oh really? I think I’ll get them cause I know UC ain’t making them anytime soon or at all!

Comment

£200 for all three or each?

I might be interested, but only in Merry's and Pippin's. Frodo held his for like two seconds at Weathertop and that's it. On my Fellowship weapons display, his sword will always be Sting.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
        £200 for all three or each?

I might be interested, but only in Merry's and Pippin's. Frodo held his for like two seconds at Weathertop and that's it. On my Fellowship weapons display, his sword will always be Sting.
        I think it was £200 each.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik Felagund View Post

I think it was £200 each.

/ Best regards, Fredrik
          Thanks, Fredrik.

While I appreciate the time, effort, and craftsmanship, that's too rich for my blood. At $200 US it would be ok, but not at £200, that's way too much.

The translated costs in Canadian $ would result in $700+shipping for two blades versus $560 US which is where they should be in my mind to make sense, and I would also run into the problem of adding them to a wall that has no space. Maybe without plaques, but not at that price.

Comment

Thanks, Fredrik.

While I appreciate the time, effort, and craftsmanship, that's too rich for my blood. At $200 US it would be ok, but not at £200, that's way too much.

The translated costs in Canadian $ would result in $700+shipping for two blades versus $560 US which is where they should be in my mind to make sense, and I would also run into the problem of adding them to a wall that has no space. Maybe without plaques, but not at that price.
            Just wait a little. With Brexit and Corona doing their work, £200 may soon be less than $200 US

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Just wait a little. With Brexit and Corona doing their work, £200 may soon be less than $200 US
              You know, it's weird but every time I watch the news and they show the stock market figures, the silly pound sterling keeps making gains despite everything else plummeting. I just can't figure that one out. What does Boris have up his sleeve that we don't know about?
              Last edited by Valkrist; 19 March 2020, 15:03.

Comment

a little something to add to this topic!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1B7D9062-6E1B-4746-9F16-7B3883178D68.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.4 KB ID:	195779

Comment

Originally posted by Balrog3019 View Post
                  a little something to add to this topic!
                  I love it! Needs some fog though.

Comment

Really great read Balrog3019 , thank you. It's great that enthusiasm about these things can be rewarded by digging into both the films and the movies. They would make a wonderful set to display, for sure.

Comment

I love it! Needs some fog though.
                      True!!
                      Originally posted by FuriousSimian View Post
                      Really great read Balrog3019 , thank you. It's great that enthusiasm about these things can be rewarded by digging into both the films and the movies. They would make a wonderful set to display, for sure.
                      Your welcome! And yes really wish it was in the movies!

Comment

Working...
                      X