The 2019 Flamies Award Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2019 Flamies Award Ceremony

Click image for larger version  Name:	opening.jpg Views:	1 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	167817

?

Let the fanfares sound!
    Welcome to the Green Dragon, our venue for the most prestigious award ceremony there is (among Flamers). 2020 marks the five year anniversary for The Flame of Udûn Message Boards and this is the fifth time we can invite you to the FoU Flamies. If we count the S&F Flamies too, I think we have passed the 10 year mark, but that part of history is hidden in the shadows, so we'd never know exactly.

This marks the start of a 3 day celebration where we will announce the winners you have voted for. Maybe you are one of the winners? Maybe your vote was the deciding one? Please follow this thread over the weekend as we roll out one award after the other. This year's hosts are Minuialwen, Scriff, Olórin, Red and myself.

2019 feels like somewhat of a turning point in the world of Middle Earth collectors. We have received some more information about the upcoming Amazon Prime Lord of the Rings series. Although the premiere date for season one is still more than a year away, we know who the show-runners are and some of the cast. Weta's "monopoly" on collectible statues was broken this year. Japanese Prime1 Studios showed us some sneak peaks of what's to come and earlier today, their first statue was put up for pre-order. Brazilian Iron Studios had a large line-up of both small and big figures at San Diego Comic-Con where several of their 1:10 scale statues have now been released. Although, not statues, Asmus Toys continue to deliver 12" action figures in what looks to be better and better quality and attention to detail. At the same time, Weta has focused more on larger, limited items. One of the 'cheaper' ones was Aragorn at Amon Hen, with Dark Galadriel and Minas Morgul following. A big jump up in both size and price was Gandalf and Frodo on Cart as the newest member of the Master Collection family, an absolutely massive statue with an over 80 cm footprint. Of the things released we had the companion pieces of Arwen on Asfaloth and Nazgul on Steed at the ford. But we can't talk about 2019 without mentioning the big Ent. After years of asking Weta to make a Treebeard statue, they finally delivered. Previewed at Comic-Con 2018 and released in 2019, Treebeard holds the record for biggest 1:6 statue - so far. After years of waiting the release of the Ent turned out to be a bittersweet one as several of them were faulty. Even with replacement pieces having fault, the Treebeard saga has been a long and troublesome one - and it's not even over yet. A second batch of replacements will be made in a few months. Even with all these troubles, Treebeard is a very impressive center piece of a statue. Even if some owners have to squint hard not to see the faults.

2019 was the year Flame of Udûn made the milestone of 1000 members. Granted, not all of them are active, but it's a big milestone anyway.

Some statistics:
    Threads: 2,476 (+295)
    Members: 1,112 (+136)
    Our top posters:
    1. Minuialwen 6493 (-)
    2. Ithildin 5961 (-)
    3. Stig 4806 (+1
    4. Idril 4522 (-1)
    5. Elessar 3885 (-)
    6. Vicksken 3330 (-)
    7. Dave Mac 2649 (+3)
    8. Eti 2604 (-1)
    9. bill59 2438 (-)
    10. Nocturno 2164 (-2)
    Just under the list we see TheWhiteHand and FrodoEyes. Will they be able to make the list next year? Will a rookie enter the top 10 next year? Is it possible to push the two top posters off? Both Ithildin and Minuialwen have had their spots at the top since 2016.

Let the festivities begin!

Navigation:
    Best dressed
    Rookie of the Year
    Collection of the Year
    Photographer of the Year
    Collectible of the Year: Licenses outside of Middle-Earth
    Most Helpful Flamer
    Artist of the Year
    Collectible of the Year: Mini Epics
    The Good Samaritan
    The Comedian
    Giveaway of the Year
    Collectible of the Year: Middle-Earth
    Quote of the Year
    Thread of the Year

Hall of Flame
    The Mid-time Giveaway
    The After Party
    The Flamies 2019 Summary

Ah yes, the Flamies!

Thank you Stig, for your opening speech! And for all the hard work you put in this year. The Green Dragon looks more festive than ever and the red carpet is anxiously awaiting its first guests. Wait... what? The first guests are already arriving? That fast?

Enelyë is looking very stylish in a classic but also pretty revealing dress I wonder who our next guests will be!

Comment

While Enelyë tried the best to pick a colour to blend with the carpet, our favourite mods chose to shine even brighter than usual today.

Dear Minuialwen is here and joining her is Red . Dazzling bright in silver, both of them!

Comment

Those mods that could shine did just that. Here comes the most dashing Olórin , pulling our lustrous leader, Stig and Scriff in a wagon built for two.

Comment

I think I should change my name to Gandalf the Silver

Comment

Bring on the festivities!

Comment

Comment

How can Scriff post with that massive axe? His poor keyboard must be in bits!

Comment

All looking extremely dashing as you canter up the red carpet (hope it's not Red''s carpet as it may take some cleaning later ) .

A quick spruce up for me and I will be joining in soon

Comment

Oh FrodoEyes that's why he has some pretty long breaks between his posts. That's when he's out getting a new batch of keyboards.

You look very stunning in you big and fluffy dress. Thank you for bringing Ringer with you too. All eyes are on you!

Comment

That was a very quick 'spruce up' Dave Mac . You were not kidding when you stated that you were a "great believer in the Tim Curry hall of fashion!"

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                        That was a very quick 'spruce up' Dave Mac . You were not kidding when you stated that you were a "great believer in the Tim Curry hall of fashion!"

I must admit I like the breeze around the knees. But it's chilly around the willy

Now where's the bar which I seem to have lowered already

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                          Oh FrodoEyes that's why he has some pretty long breaks between his posts. That's when he's out getting a new batch of keyboards.

You look very stunning in you big and fluffy dress. Thank you for bringing Ringer with you too. All eyes are on you!

Baggins represent! Before you came along, we Bagginses were very well thought of. Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected.
                          IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post

Baggins represent! Before you came along, we Bagginses were very well thought of. Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected.
                            The power of Old Toby. Lowering inhibitions for years

Comment

Hey everyone some interesting presentations on the red carpet. Is it too late to change my "Best dressed" vote? Because I think Red just got it right there

Comment

Everyone is looking GOOD!!

Scriff

Comment

Good evening everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Anarion View Post
                                    Hey everyone some interesting presentations on the red carpet. Is it too late to change my "Best dressed" vote? Because I think Red just got it right there
                                    Speaking of best dressed, look at Valkrist rocking that Star Trek theme

Comment

You make a wonderful figure on the red carpet, Valkrist
                                      And I am glad you left the phaser at home. We don't want any accidents at the after party. That's why we urge you guys to leave the weapons outside of the Green Dragon.

Comment

Oh dear, my neck looks like a... periscope?

Still, I'll gladly command any starship where that's the regulation uniform!

P.S. - Stig, a real gentleman never shows where his phaser is... *ahem*... concealed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X