They are Bringing the Hobbits to Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are Bringing the Hobbits to Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I figured dback25 would have posted this by now, as he was so very kind to send it to me ...

Join the Fellowship, as we celebrate this exclusive reunion of Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Pippin with stars Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monaghan, and Billy Boyd.

A selection of once-in-a-lifetime packages are available to share this precious moment. Choose from the special evening with the Hobbits, autograph signings, Photo Ops, or all the above. There is something for every Lord of the Rings fan!

April 23 - 26, 2020

Calgary Stampede ParkThurs: 4:00PM - 9:00PM, Fri: 12:00PM - 8:00PM, Sat: 10:00AM - 7:00PM, Sun: 10:00AM - 5:00PM

Tickets go on sale December 4, 2019 to get into the CCEE, I know what I will be doing December 4.

Tickets for the evening with the four hobbits go on sale sometime in January.

Are you going to this Min? I mean to see the four of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
      Are you going to this Min? I mean to see the four of them?
      You want to come with?

I know of a Gandalf cosplay you can use, staff and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

You want to come with?

I know of a Gandalf cosplay you can use, staff and all.
        I would so LOVE too! But alas, I'm afraid that it will not come to pass. I have a few things that would be awesome to get signed by them. Oh well, maybe one day they will come closer to me.

Comment

I hope you can get there with some of your Smials!

Scriff

Comment

How far is Calgary from you, Ithildin?

I wish I could go, but i don't think I have the money for it.

Comment

I'm thinking about coming to the Canada one.... Hmmmm some decisions to make before December 4th!

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

True this is awesome , a rare opportunity to meet the fantastic 4 in the same event

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                    How far is Calgary from you, Ithildin?

I wish I could go, but i don't think I have the money for it.
                    It's about 900 miles, a 14 hour drive on the interstate to get there. I don't know how much it would be to fly. Ether way, my back and leg are saying no.

Comment

You can add Carl Urban to the mix of LOTR cast that are coming to the Expo. Really hoping that it still goes aheadClick image for larger version

Name:	78E4331E-F72E-4780-8414-A08F45BFC6E6.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	172475

Comment

Are you going dback? Is anyone else?

Comment

I was planning to, then figured out the final cost and backed out. I can't see this going ahead to be honest. Although Alberta schools are about the only ones staying open in March so who knows.

How many of these actors will actually show up? If they are smart ... none!

"The Expo, which is scheduled to run from April 23 to 26 at Stampede Park, brings in tens of thousands of people, along with numerous Hollywood stars.

However, the Alberta government announced on Thursday that all public gatherings with more than 250 people should be cancelled to reduce the spread of the virus.

As the statement said it would go ahead as planned, there will be extra precautionary measures taken to ensure the health of attendees and Stampede Park staff will step up cleaning and sanitization of the facilities.

If you are coming in from outside of Canada, you are asked to check any travel restrictions and quarantine guidelines beforehand. Also, if you are feeling sick in any way to instead not come to the event.

More information can be found on the Calgary Expo website."

I truly thought people in our province were smarter than this. How absolutely irresponsible!!

Comment

Yes I will be there. But like Min. posted it all depends on what the Expo decides to do as far as whats happening with the spreading of the virus. It is a few weeks away and if everything is under control then I would imagine it’ll be a go.

Comment

There was an update from the Calgary Expo board today, won't post the entire thing*:

"However, it’s clear to all of us that the right thing to do is to postpone Calgary Expo 2020 to another date this year. Ultimately, the safety of our fans, guests and staff comes first. It’s our responsibility to do our part to honour and support the efforts of the front-line professionals making enormous sacrifices to keep us safe right now."

Calgary Expo 2020 will be postponed from its original date on April 23-26 to a
                              new date in Summer of 2020. " ... "we commit to another update with information on the new Calgary Expo 2020, including dates, no later than Monday, March 30. ...

One more thing:
                              Know that our Fan First refund program remains available now and allows for a ticket refund for the full price of the ticket (minus service charges), no questions asked. If you need to cancel your tickets, we understand. If you’d like to hold on to your tickets until you next week, that’s great too. We’ll do our best to get you all the info you need to decide then.

Finally, we each have a part to play in getting us back to our daily norms, not to mention defeating COVID 19. Please remember, wash your hands, stay healthy and take care of each other."

* I want to post a link to the entire message, but it is not on Calgary Expos home page, other than a link through facebook and a link through Twitter. These links are at the bottom the the page look for "A Note from our President".

It would be nice if things were back to normal come this summer, fingers crossed for the entire world population.

I am glad that they state to wash your hands, interesting they don't include anything about social distancing.

Comment

There is no way SDCC is going to happen. Hopefully Weta will continue their reveals on YouTube and through emails.

Are you sure about that Ithildin?

Calgary Comic Expo has rescheduled their event for the weekend ahead of when SDCC 2020 is to be.

"Hey Fans,

In light of COVID-19, please join us in celebrating Calgary Expo’s 15th Anniversary on the new show dates, July 17-19, 2020 with updated pricing. TICKETS ON SALE, APRIL 15TH!"

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Are you sure about that Ithildin?

Calgary Comic Expo has rescheduled their event for the weekend ahead of when SDCC 2020 is to be.

"Hey Fans,

In light of COVID-19, please join us in celebrating Calgary Expo’s 15th Anniversary on the new show dates, July 17-19, 2020 with updated pricing. TICKETS ON SALE, APRIL 15TH!"

Yep, I am sure about it. This country is going to be swimming in COVID come July.

Comment

Yep, I am sure about it. This country is going to be swimming in COVID come July.
                                    As will ours I am afraid.

Comment

Over here pretty much everything is cancelled in April-August. I hope the kids can go back to school in August.

I feel Calgary's move to July is overly optimistic, but then again they took their time cancelling the original dates

Comment

I wish I were wrong, I want everything to go back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                                        X