What is the longest you have had to wait for a collectible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the longest you have had to wait for a collectible?

I am currently waiting on 3 pieces to be sent.
    The 1/6 Goblin King and Scribe which I ordered in February this year. The Scribe was announced later so added him to the GK for joint delivery.

The longest wait so far is for Chronicle Collectibles 1/4 Tulsa Doom statue which was ordered way back in April 2018!
    It started shipping last month but it seems there has been a problem with them arriving safely so they have stopped delivery for a refit of the shippers

Are you are talking about shipping times Dave Mac? Or is it from pre-order and some amount of money handed over, to receiving said item? Or maybe from when a name was placed on an interest list until item was received. Hey, maybe all 3.
    The longest some people have had to wait for a collectible is ... when did Indy start on the sword and they are still waiting?

How about a forth, from the time you paid for it until you actually received it, as it went to a 'friends' house for 'cheaper' shipping costs, and you had to pick it up from there?
    If the last scenario is included then over 2.5 years. But I know it was safe and secure, and the amount of money I saved is shipping was well worth the wait.

Comment

I would say from making a downpayment
      There are horror stories of those who have paid something and the 'seller' dissapearing, but I am more curious as to peoples patience levels on sometbing that they are pretty sure is coming due to regular contact/updates.
      I know the Indy Guthwine has had major reworks etc but have seen update pics so yhat is a good example of folks patience being tested

Comment

Gotcha, thanks for the added info Dave Mac.

I have only purchased Weta and NC items so no horror stories or patience needed by me.

Comment

I think theguru1 wins this

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
            I think theguru1 wins this
            Yeh, but I fear that he may never recieve the figure he commissioned
            Last edited by Dave Mac; 7th November 2019, 01:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

Yeh, but I fear that he may never recieve the figure he commissioned
              Had that fear for a few years now, so far everything I've done and tried hasn't really resulted in an actual statue.

On the off chance I do end up with something, I guess my record will be safe for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by theguru1 View Post

Had that fear for a few years now, so far everything I've done and tried hasn't really resulted in an actual statue.

On the off chance I do end up with something, I guess my record will be safe for a while.
                It is a horrible situation for you. Where is he based?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

It is a horrible situation for you. Where is he based?
                  UK, Durham

Comment

Pretty sure I made a payment or two for the fan made Eomer statue after the original SSW line ended, but it's so long ago now I can't remember how much I paid (or lost!)

Comment

Apart from Indy's Guthwine the longest I had to wait was for a Fountain Guard 1/6 statue that Bernd Slominski sold me. I ordered and paid for it on 11th of May 2016. I finally received it on 11th of January 2018. I'm sure I would still be waiting for it to this day had I not found out he had a girlfriend called Denise Sattler. As I was getting nowhere with Bernd I decided to contact her to see if she could sway Bernd to complete his obligation and send me the Fountain Guard. After much messaging low and behold said piece finally arrived.

Gondor Fountain Guard 1 by William Daly, on Flickr

Comment

I member having the fountain guard kit and getting into a 'debate' on the S+F as to why certain artists had chosen to paint the guards outfit blue!
                        There were also delays I recall with the MoSoS piece by Markus (Black sheep Models) getting delayed?

Comment

Eowyn and Denethor busts project took ages to be partially done and sent to Bernd for painting wich took a lot of time too.....

Not since a downpayment but my longest/dream wait is certainly Barad-Dur by Weta.
                          10 years to get the bigature seen in NZ in its polystone version,
                          Something that wouldn’t be possible without the help of our community ,Weta back to LOTR and dear Tim interacting with us,D.Tremont huge task to create the environment

A long wait that i will be happy to live every minute again

Comment

I waited a few years to pick up my 6 foot millennium falcon. It’s the old display from the early 2000s that they had hung up in toys r us. I bought it when I lived in Japan and asked my dad to store it for me until I got back to the US. Was a good 3 years or so before I got to see it in person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37BC3583-43BC-4607-9E56-AFD6E5963632.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	158578

Comment

I'm still waiting for my Dark Horse Tempest that I payed during the pre-order exactly 1 year ago to this day, November 8th. Just got an email from the tracking service about it clearing customs this morning.

But I have to say, I didn't enjoy the wait. Pre-orders should be small deposit only and then the full price on shipping, so Weta is doing this right.

Comment

I used to collect many universes and decided to focus on ME but my XM Weapon-X took so long to arrive that when it did i had no other Marvel piece. It was like 1 year from PO to unbox verification.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                                  Apart from Indy's Guthwine the longest I had to wait was for a Fountain Guard 1/6 statue that Bernd Slominski sold me. I ordered and paid for it on 11th of May 2016. I finally received it on 11th of January 2018. I'm sure I would still be waiting for it to this day had I not found out he had a girlfriend called Denise Sattler. As I was getting nowhere with Bernd I decided to contact her to see if she could sway Bernd to complete his obligation and send me the Fountain Guard. After much messaging low and behold said piece finally arrived.

Gondor Fountain Guard 1 by William Daly, on Flickr
                                  I can't even remember how many of these projects I participated in but never got. I have a feeling this is one of them. I know my armoured Boromir is out there somewhere.

Comment

I feel your pain Stig.

Comment

bill59 , this fountain guard is amazing. I have a strong feeling we will see this in the future.

Comment

Yes, I agree with you pocketreef. I should imagine Weta will produce one at some stage. At least I hope they do.

Comment

Working...
                                        X