This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    Excellent choices for 2 outstanding contributors ????

And I think Elessar was banned for drunken photos on his porch after an S+F Flamies celebration whilst dancing to Jerry Lee Lewis's 'Great Balls of Fire' with a candle.

Could be mistaken though
    That seems like the story I sort of remember.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
    Huge congrats Josh and Matt!! Welcome to the club and enjoy your steaming pile of shit, err.... I mean award!
    Thank ya As I said I’m beyond honored to be joining this club. I am super stoked to get that award.

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

I heard that Elessar was banned due to drunkeness and 'interesting' dancing at the Flamies award celebration.
    I would say that I am right, as part of the video just happened to 'show up'.
    Man, I thought I had gotten all the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post
      Congrats Elessar and Red! Two true legends of the forum are entering the Hall of Flame!!!
      Thank you

Comment

Congratulations Josh and Matt. Two worthy inductees!

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Scriff View Post
          Congratulations Josh and Matt. Two worthy inductees!

Scriff
          Thank ya, Scriff.

Comment

As was stated all the awards have now been handed out, including the illustrious Hall of Flame. A huge congratulations to all winners, runner ups, and nominees in all the categories. With a very hearty congratulations going to my friend and fellow mod, Red as well as to my 'chat room buddy' from the time of the Shadow and Flames, Elessar. Welcome to the Hall of Flameyou two.

As I am sure you have all heard, there is, of course, an after party, only in these parts we call it an 'after moot'. For the past 3 years we have held it here at Hobbiton, but this year ghettodactyl has most kindly invited us to his place, however, only after the suggestion was made. Very nice of him though, great way for him to celebrate his first, and I am sure not his last Flamie.

Originally posted by Warofoz View Post

Party at your place!!!! Haha

I vote for moving the Flamies after party to your place
            Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

I will second that vote.

ghettodactyl , you have Crown Royals that I have never even heard of. That Royal Apple one looks rather tasty. Yup, thinking the after party should be at your place.
            Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

That would be fun. ....
            It will be a nice change in scenery, and of course some whiskey tasting.

Before Flamers head off to get into more comfy clothing, there are a few 'rules' that we need to go over:
            1. It is a bit of a ways to ghettodactyl's so it will be best to find some mode of transportation. A lovely tune, of your prior choosing, to help you on your way might be a rather nice send off.
            2. Once you get there you MUST wait for ghettodactyl to let us in.
            3. Remember, many of his swords have sharpened blades so NO TOUCHING, as we don't want anyone loosing a limb or 3.
            4. Approximately 8 hours from the time the 'After Moot' begins we are to meet back here as our esteemed leader and very good friend to all, Stig, has a few final words he would like to bestow upon us, prior to officially ending the 2018 Flamie Awards and Ceremonies.

Lastly, all Hall of Flamers MUST remain here as it is customary to take a picture with the new Hall of Flamers and those inducted from the past. It won't take long, I promise.

See you all at ghettodactyl's.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

I am super stoked to get that award.

I would be too! Annabel has done a fantastic job of creating it and I'm a little bit jealous of you both getting one. I have a couple of mementoes from the old S&F to remember it by. This award would be a great one to have to remember the FoU. We have to see some photos after you receive it!

Comment

Congrats Elessar and Red - wonderful decision all round. What great editions to the ‘Hallers’ dinner parties you will be.

New inductees have to shout drinks all night - isn’t that the rules?!?

Comment

Well after a very busy weekend I have Been able to read through such a wonderful event. Congratulations to the winners and new hall of fame inductees , very well deserved.

Comment

I’ll be ready for all the after party attendees!

There’s only one chair down in the Bar tavern area and it’s not a bar stool but an old small lazy boy recliner so we will all have to battle for who gets to sit down!

Elessar is the only flamer that actually lives near me. He doesn’t know it, but he’s only about 2 to 3 hrs away from me I believe.

Comment

I would be too! Annabel has done a fantastic job of creating it and I'm a little bit jealous of you both getting one. I have a couple of mementoes from the old S&F to remember it by. This award would be a great one to have to remember the FoU. We have to see some photos after you receive it!
                      I have been in discussions with Annabel. The Hall of Flame Trophy is for ALL Hall of Flamers, but ONLY Hall of Flamers, that can put forth the money to have it shipped, after all she is a University student and doesn't have huge 'expendable' cash. That includes all 8 that are now in the Hall of Flame and 2 more next year, as she has completed 10 of them. Any of the 8 Hall of Flamers that are interested in the trophy should PM Annabel for more details.

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                      Congrats Elessar and Red - wonderful decision all round. What great editions to the ‘Hallers’ dinner parties you will be.

Just for the other 'Hallers' Idril. As this year the 'Flaming Rookie' is supplying the rest of the drinks. Thanks ghettodactyl

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to stay for a quick photo op.

Done. One more to adorn the wall of the Great Hall of Flame.

From Left to right: Eti, Scriff, Idril, Elessar, Ithildin, way in the back ground, Minuialwen, Red and our esteemed leader Stig.

Thank you all again, you may now go and get changed and head on over with the rest of them to ghettodactyl's.

Oh my what is that I hear?

Please press play and then start scrolling down verrrrrryyyyyyyyyy ssssssllllllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyy

This must mean that Warofoz is close by ....

but where?

anyone see him?

The music seems to be coming from the air, way up hig,,....

No he wouldn't be that adventurous would he??

I know that I stated you should find a mode of transportation but really Warofoz?? I mean REALLY?????

Remember, just because you get there first doesn't mean you get to drink all the liquor yourself .... that is if you get there at all. :

Great suggestion Warofoz to have music as the Red Carpet Flamers were announced, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, this was unable to happen. We figured it would be nice to have it now.

Comment

Congrats to all of the winners Y'all deserve it so much! Really thrilled with the winners.

Also wanted to take some time to thank the people who voted for me in some categories, especially meant a lot to see me nominated for the photographer one. Thanks for that!

Red, and Elessar, welcome to the Hall of Fame Much deserved.

And thank you to the organisation, it's always an event to look forward to. Wish I could have been more present, but holiday and all. Sending y'all kind hot regards from Lisbon, the city is gorgeous as hell, so easy to take great photos here.

Looking forward to the afterparty! Don't forget the catnip!

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Looking forward to the afterparty! Don't forget the catnip!
                            We are looking forward to seeing you there Alwayshappy. I just sent the catnip along with one of the Flamers, it will be a little awhile before he leaves with it though.

Comment

Yep

Scriff

Comment

Oh wow and there goes @Adolfo and his entourage.

Such a majestic beast he rides.

And very close behind is Adolfo's relative, Thranduil trying to catch up ....

I sure hope ghettodactyl knows that there will be a good many Flamers at his place shortly-

Comment

Well...I'm off to bed. See you guys later. Night...night!

Try and keep the noise down you rowdy lot.

Comment

Minuialwen Thank you for those kind words. Your friendship is something very important to me. Thank you for always checking in when I’ve slipped back into my own world.

Oh I will absolutely do some photos and little video of it. I think that would be fun to do anyways.

Thank you This was the award I was most hoping would go my way. What it means to me I can’t really express.

I got the first round. I’ll let Red have the next.

Originally posted by Stormcrow View Post
                                    Well after a very busy weekend I have Been able to read through such a wonderful event. Congratulations to the winners and new hall of fame inductees , very well deserved.
                                    Thank you

Elessar is the only flamer that actually lives near me. He doesn’t know it, but he’s only about 2 to 3 hrs away from me I believe.
                                    Really? Where at in Missouri are you? I’m super curious.

Comment

Alwayshappy Thank you. Super stoked to be a member of such a great group on top of this already amazing group of members. I believe someday you’ll be there.
                                      Minuialwen That HoF photo was great and I promise break will be good during the party.

Comment

Elessar I live over in southern Omaha actually but I don’t think it’s too super far away from you.

Comment

Elessar I live over in southern Omaha actually but I don’t think it’s too super far away from you.
                                          I don’t think that’s too far. I’m south of KC just a little ways.

Comment

Working...
                                          X