This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red View Post
    Congrats to the lads, all thoroughly deserved.

Will it's been a fabulous show so far but it's time to stretch those legs, grab another drink and mingle baby, mingle.

Intermission

During this small break in our Live coverage we will be announcing the winners in the Weta Giveaway-Raffle. As well, there will also be a a few small prizes as part of the ballot. So if you sent in a ballot covering all catergories you will have two chances to win. If you voted in 6 or more you still have a ticket in the draw with a chance to win one of Wetas awesome prizes.

So without further ado thanks to our wonderful Major Sponsor Weta it's time to announce the lucky winners.

1st Prize- Annabel

2nd Prize-Homunculus1916

3rd Prize- Elavie

Huge congrats to you 3 lucky flamers. As previously, the first winner gets to choose their prize from all 3 available, then the second from the two left and the 3rd gets the remaining prize. If you can post your choice in this thread that would be greatly appreciated.

Further to the Weta prizes the following members have won a mystery prize that they will receive in the mail shortly. 46 Ballots were sent in this year meaning we just missed out on the 50 milestone. Prizes were still drawn for 1st, 10th and 25th ballots.

The winners are 1st-Celeglar, 10th-Morgoth and 25th-ghettodactyl. Congrats again to all our winners.

Now on with the show.

Holy **** !! Um....I won something
    Can I have the horsie one please?

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel View Post

Holy **** !! Um....I won something
      Can I have the horsie one please?
      Annabel, I can't believe that you did not take this opportunity to say
      Congratulations on your win. Yes as your name was the first one picked you can have the horsie. Hopefully Firefoot is easier to potty train than Brego.

Homunculus1916 , it is now your turn to pick one of the remaining 2 prizes. Please post your choice in this thread. Thank you.

Comment

Congratulations Dave Mac and thank you so very much for bringing in some much needed humor at just the right time to help diffuse rather tense situations, help make others even more humorous. Just love humor that 'pokes fun' at the situation and not at individuals and you seem to have that down pat. Very much deserved win. There are some out there that are starting to very seriously try for that Flamie, thus making the entire forum that much more light hearted and enjoy place to be.

oldduffer , when I went looking for a Collection thread to choose this year for the Flamies, I stumbled across this post:
        Originally posted by oldduffer View Post
        Thanks guys ................. the doors always open to my Flamer brothers and sisters!
        Your collection room looks so regal in the pictures, I can just imagine what it looks like in person. I'm thinking that I need to go on a adventure out your way sometime. Congratulations on a magnificently set up room. You had talked about redoing your collection room for so long on the old forum, it is nice to see it completed. May you enjoy your Bag End, and the Middle-earth collection room found within, until the end of your days my friend.

Congratulations bill59. Your pictures are so very stunning, crisp and clear. Looking forward to what you still have to take pictures of. Love the table of contents at the beginning of your thread.

Congratulations to those that were drawn for the Weta prizes, Annabel , Homunculus1916 and Elavie .
        Weta a huge thanks for supplying the forum with such magnificent prizes again this year.

Congrats to those that will be receiving the mystery prizes as well, Celaglar , Morgoth , and ghettodactyl .
        Thanks to all 46 members that filled out the nomination forms, without your participation we would not be able to put on a Flamies award.

Thanks to those that are supplying these mystery prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Annabel, I can't believe that you did not take this opportunity to say
          Congratulations on your win. Yes as your name was the first one picked you can have the horsie. Hopefully Firefoot is easier to potty train than Brego.

[USE
          I was thinking it.
          ...being polite

Comment

Sorry folks, I have been missing for a while. So I'm somewhat late to the party. I would just like to thank the Flames who voted for me in the photography section.
            It's much appreciated. It makes the 2 days and 300 + pics it takes to produce the final images of each piece so worth the effort. Thank you...thank you...thank you so very much.

Thanks also to the mods for such a great Awards Ceremony. As always, you all did a wonderful job. We are so lucky to have such great people looking after our awesome forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
              Sorry folks, I have been missing for a while. So I'm somewhat late to the party. I would just like to thank the Flames who voted for me in the photography section.
              It's much appreciated. It makes the 2 days and 300 + pics it takes to produce the final images of each piece so worth the effort. Thank you...thank you...thank you so very much.

Thanks also to the mods for such a great Awards Ceremony. As always, you all did a wonderful job. We are so lucky to have such great people looking after our awesome forum.
              Your photos always look exceptional Bill! I wish I could take pictures even close to as well as you take them. You really bring out the character of every piece and your dedication to choosing the perfect picture really shows. I always enjoy seeing the pictures you post of your wonderful collection.

Comment

Flame of Udûn

The Flamies 2018

Giveaway of the Year

It is with great pleasure to announce the winner of the Giveaway of the Year - and it was an EPIC giveaway. Not only was the giveaway EPIC, but the reason for the giveaway was EPIC as well. To devote 10 years to this EPIC forum (well, the old and the new) is an achievement in itself, but to then giveaway an EPIC prize to other members of the forum epitomises the selflessness that many Flamers have.

Shane was the EPIC winner and chose the beautiful EPIC Galadriel as his prize - not a bad win at all - one could say it was an EPIC choice!

Additional EPIC kudos for all the forum members who donated their time and prizes to run giveaways - you are all EPIC winners in my book.

So, by the power vested in me - I award my fellow EPIC 'Strayan' - Red - as the winner of 2018s "Giveaway of the Year" Flamie award!!!

An EPIC well done mate.

(EPIC count in this post = 14 - including this one )

Comment

Congrats red!!

Comment

Holy cow! Once I'm late for the Flamies (cutting shrubbery, sorting books, working through the Alita artbook..) and then I've already won something!!

Congrats to all winners! There are some regulars, but nonetheless well deserved!!

Thanks to our terrific mods for this great party!! And thanks to WETA for these wonderful prices!

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Homunculus1916 , it is now your turn to pick one of the remaining 2 prizes. Please post your choice in this thread. Thank you.
                    2nd price is perfect for me, as I already own that horsie. So I wouldn't have chosen it anyway. The only LOTR Mini Epic I'm still missing is the Balrog - what a coincidence! I pick the Balrog. Thank you very much!!

Btw, the last time I (would have) won something on the forum ('twas that forum chat quiz at the end of S&F), the forum died shortly after. I hope, we have a full backup, Stig ?
                    Last edited by Homunculus1916; 24th February 2019, 13:14.
                    Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Way to go Red. Congrats!!

And congrats to the winners of those amazing prizes that Weta so graciously provided!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                        Way to go Red. Congrats!!

And congrats to the winners of those amazing prizes that Weta so graciously provided!
                        Those prizes are definitely amazing!

Scriff

Comment

Good morning!

Busy weekend, just catching up on all the fun and festivities, congrats to all the winners, runners up and nominees, all well deserved

And thanks everyone for even nominating me for some categories, wow runner up comedian lol, thank you all for politely enduring my inconceivably bad jokes, this wonderful forum is such a lovely place to inflict them all upon you. Bwahahaaa!

I don't get around most of the forum much, so I had no idea about Old Duffer's wonderful LOTR room, what a joy to see. Cheers oldduffer ! What a great room for kicking back with a nice pint of Southfarthing brew and some Longbottom Leaf

And I'm with Old Duffer on those boxes, unless you're moving house one day, why keep them?!
                          Last edited by Valar; 24th February 2019, 15:55.

Comment

Flame of Udûn
                            The Flamies 2018

Artist of the Year

The talent and creativity that many of the members on this forum have is absolutely amazing. Even more amazing is their willingness to help one another, and to share their experiences of what works and what doesn't, the tricks that they learn along the way and to answer questions when asked. It seems this type of information is often 'horded' by those that have it. This is one more reason why this forum is one of the best places on the interweb, the comradery that members have with their fellow artisans. It is always such a joy to see the work in progress steps, which our members so graciously share along their journey to complete their project. The member that won this year's Artist of the Year award not only shows progress steps along the way but encourages members to give him feedback and suggestions.
                            It is my pleasure to present the Artist of the Year award to Kyle.

Congratulations go out to all those that were nominated in this category, as you all have incredible talent, and are willing to share it with the rest of the forum.

Kyle
                            (21 votes)

Runner up: Dreamspheres (6)

Honorable mentions: modelismoesaga (4), gideon (2), cthrag (1), Dave Mac (1), Eti (1), Foedhrass (1), Orc from Morc (1), Thranduil (1)

Comment

Thanks for the 'EPIC Strayan' presentation Steve and to everyone who voted for me.

Just pipped Dawn(can't have her winning everything) but i think i got over the line due to the acknowledgement of me hanging around like a bad smell for so long rather than the Giveaway.

Also thanks for your congrats as it's my first since the old forum so very sweet indeed.

Kyle, huge congrats.
                              Last edited by Red; 24th February 2019, 16:08.
                              The Red Room
                              https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Congratulations Kyle :

Scriff

Comment

Congrats Kyle!

Comment

Congratulations Kyle!!

Now get back to work on those medallions!

Comment

The winners so far could not be more deserving. It just reminds me what a great community we have here and I should really try and make more time to be active on here like I used to! Maybe get back into that top 10

Comment

I am glad I found this forum as I have acquired a great many unique artist pieces that I never would have known about. I also have taken many amazing display ideas from all the wonderful collections in the display case. I appreciate those that considered me for the awards and I want to give a big shout out to the winners. I wish everyone a fruitful 2019 and I too look forward to seeing what lies ahead with releases this year!!
                                        Last edited by ToyBiz 2 Polystone; 24th February 2019, 18:11.

Comment

Flame of Udûn
                                          The Flamies 2018
                                          The Good Samaritan

Well, what can you say about this young lady that hasn't already been represented in the overwhelming vote she received in the Most Helpful Flamer and now The Good Samaritan categories.

Min is someone that will always put you and the forum first. From guiding you around the forum, to listening to any issues you have, to encouraging you in all things Middle Earth. A selfless soul that enjoys nothing more than conversing on the forum with her fellow Flamers. Flamers, I should really say friends because i know that's how Min feels about you all and this is shown in the respect and time she gives us all. As a fellow Mod and friend i can't tell you the huge effort she puts in around this place and personally she is always asking how me and the family are going.

I think you all get a sense of the wonderful person-good samaritan Min is. So without me wanting to bring anyone to tears on the forum(studio,theatre, where are we again?) i propose a round of applause and a hearty cheer for our Min.

Congrats to all those nominated as well as those not in contention this year as you all contribute in making The Flame such a great place.

Minuialwen
                                          (11 votes)

Runner ups: Annabel (4), Idril (4)

Honorable mentions: Elessar (3), Alwayshappy (2). Eti (2), Little Lion (2), amcalagon (1), Anubis (1), Aragorn (1), Ballder (1), cthrag (1), DarkShadow (1), Nocturno the Dark Shadow (1), Red (1), Stig (1), Stormcrow (1), TheWhiteHand (1), VIcksken (1)
                                          The Red Room
                                          https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Working...
                                          X