Clear All

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
    Congrats crack pot Dave
    Did someone say pot

Comment

Flame of Udûn
      The Flamies 2018

Collection of the Year

Some collections are impressive because of their size, some are impressive because of the way they're displayed. And every once in a while you come across a gem of a collection, both impressive in size and very carefully and thoughtfully displayed. This year's winning collection is one of those gems. The past couple of months you could witness the birth and evolution of his Rings Room. Even the first photos of his empty display room managed to get lots of wows from fellow members. As the room came along, his love for oldschool polystone became ever more apparent. A full collection of medallions hangs proudly above his 126" homecinema screen, flanked by wizard staves. Posters and art prints were meticulously hung on the walls. This rooms breathes Lord of the Rings.

It is a great honour to present the Flamie for Collection of the Year 2018 to a longtime member of this forum (and its predecessor).
      Max, you old fart! Come and claim your award!

oldduffer
      (8 votes)

Runner up: Eti (7)

Honorable mentions: jonnymartin46 (4), ToyBiz 2 Polystone (4), Elessar (3), wiking (3), Bill59 (2), Dr.Malcolm (2), Goldring (2), N2Darkness (2), Orc from Morc (2), Anarion (1), Balrog3019 (1), Fremen (1), Ghettodactyl (1), Herendil (1), Pocketreef (1)

Comment

oldduffer Congrats!!

Comment

Yeah to the OD of the Right Honourable OFC

Many a time I have looked over Max''s HP stuff until finally deciding I needed some Magic in my collection. Had to brace myself before looking though as the Oldduffer is the infamous 'Burner of the Boxes' and the memory of his Art box pyre photo still haunts me to this day !

Comment

Wow not surprised there ... very very well deserved Duffer

And to be Runner up to all who voted thank you

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

This was one of the most difficult choices to make.

Very well deserved Oldduffer

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!

Congrats to ghettodactyl. Super glad you joined us here on the forum. Congrats to the runners-up, you all make it a better place!

Min, what can I say, this was going to nobody else but you my dear friend. Like others, have more eloquently said before me, you are the heart and souls of the forum and I couldn't ever imagine this place without you.

Dave my man, totally deserved. There were a few votes I already knew without thinking and this was one of them. Thanks for all the laughs in the past.

Duff, looks like my vote pushed you over the top, sorry Eti. Man, I just love what you created. Everything about it is AWESOME!

Sorry Dave, this is for all the new members. They all have to know who they are dealing with. Oh the humanity!

Last edited by Ithildin; 24th February 2019, 04:41.

Comment

IN the words of Gandalf "FLY! You fools'

Don't look newbies. It's a Bird-Box moment

Comment

Congratulation oldduffer on a massive win in what was a particulary tough competition this yeah.

Well done Dave Mac for the comedy reward (you appear to be set for life there unless Conan or Fluffy start collecting poly).

Some lovely looking people along with wonderfully disturbing stuff on the red carpet ???????

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words Dave Mac , Celaglar , Idril , Eti , TheWhiteHand , Vicksken , Red , Ithildin , you all do know how to make a lady feel 'loved'.

Thank you so much Enelyë , bill59 , Elessar , Warofoz .

No one could ask for a better group of people.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                        WOOHOO!!!!

Sorry Dave, this is for all the new members. They all have to know who they are dealing with. Oh the humanity!

Ithildin, you are the last person I expected to see post this picture. I had very much thought about posting it, and decided to save you the 'horror of it all'. It is about time the Rookies got initiated into the way Oldduffer's mind 'works' and what not to do with one's boxes if at all possible.

Comment

Congrats oldduffer . Such an awesome display as yours does indeed deserve as much recognition as possible . It is a credit to you, sir .

I will never get over that image of you burning your art boxes though. No, not ever .
                          Last edited by bill59; 24th February 2019, 05:57.

Comment

Man that image will get my ptsd all fired up.

Comment

Flame of Udûn
                              The Flamies 2018

Weta collectible of the year: Licenses outside of Middle-earth

We all know and love Weta for their Middle-earth collectibles. Much to our dismay, as we fear that with Weta delving into other lines, our beloved Middle-earth collectibles will become fewer and farther between, and our wallets delight, Weta does create collectibles for other lines. Weta had shown us various non-Middle-earth collectibles in 2018, some of which have been up for preorder, and some of those have already sold out, long before they are to be delivered. Very few non-Middle-earth collectibles were actually shipped during the 2018 year, none of which were polystone based.
                              I present to you this years Licenses outside of Middle-earth winner:

Tomb Raider: Necklace of Lara Croft replica
                              (26 votes)

Runner ups: Giant Killer Robots: Heavy Hitters boardgame (7), Planet of the Apes: Cornelius Mini Epics (7)

Honorable mentions:
                              GKR: Sweet and Salty expansion (2),
                              Planet of the Apes: Dr. Zaius Mini Epics (2)

Comment

I would have totally guess one of the POTA epics would have won but that necklace is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                                  Minuialwen ghettodactyl Dave Mac Congrats to you all on your wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen

Ithildin, you are the last person I expected to see post this picture. I had very much thought about posting it, and decided to save you the 'horror of it all'. It is about time the Rookies got initiated into the way Oldduffer's mind 'works' and what not to do with one's boxes if at all possible.
                                    We are talking about Ithildin Min. To say he gets excited to show something or react to a new reveal is like saying Gandalfs fireworks just go 'PoP'

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

We are talking about Ithildin Min. To say he gets excited to show something or react to a new reveal is like saying Gandalfs fireworks just go 'PoP'

And congrats on 2000 posts, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

But isn't that why we 'love' him and his posts so much?

Dave Mac , you need to keep posting like you are if you plan on toppling the entire top 10 poster's list and become #1 on it.
                                        Congratulations on reaching 2000 posts.

Comment

Congrats to all the winners!!!!

The pain of the boxes on fire.............................................. .

Comment

Working...
                                          X