• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dear Scriff , you need to go back and read the nomination thread

Comment

Originally posted by Scriff View Post

What’s this about?

Scriff
      A Hall of Flamer that has no idea what this is about, holly poop, I don't believe it?

Does he really deserve to be in such a prestigious place.

Comment

Very sorry to have missed the live event. But even as a rerun the Red Carpet event was epic!

A massive thank you to Minuialwen, Stig, Olórin, Red, and Scriff who have clearly put so much work into this year's Flamie Awards. It all looked and felt perfect (and perfectly imperfect where needed! )
        Congratulations to all the winners! I voted for most of you, but not all of you.

Can't believe all you lucky Hall of Flamers will each get a real Poop! That is just amazing Annabel

(On a personal note, I don't like being so inactive on the forum but I'm preoccupied with family and medical stuff. Lots of drama. It takes the wind out of your sails on most days. Anyway. Can't last forever. right?
        )

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Glad you come back from time to time to visit, my dear DoubleDave

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
            Glad you come back from time to time to visit, my dear DoubleDave
            Thanks Stig! I miss you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post

(On a personal note, I don't like being so inactive on the forum but I'm preoccupied with family and medical stuff. Lots of drama. It takes the wind out of your sails on most days. Anyway. Can't last forever. right?[/SIZE] ) [/SIZE]

Sorry to hear that, I'm in the same boat with medical stuff but I pop on here, even for just a few minutes each day, because it makes me forget about it while I'm here.

Comment

Sorry to hear that there is so much 'drama' happening in your life DD. May life settle down, the medical stuff get much much better and the wind start blowing nice and calmly in your sails once again. Until then, please do pop in upon the occasion, as it is always great to hear from you.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the medical issues in you life at the moment Dave. I do so hope they are resolved very soon.

As far as being preoccupied with family, I don't think that ever ends. However, that's not all together a bad thing.

Hope to see you here as ofter as you can make it.

Keep strong my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                    Sorry to hear that, I'm in the same boat with medical stuff but I pop on here, even for just a few minutes each day, because it makes me forget about it while I'm here.
                    Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                    Sorry to hear that there is so much 'drama' happening in your life DD. May life settle down, the medical stuff get much much better and the wind start blowing nice and calmly in your sails once again. Until then, please do pop in upon the occasion, as it is always great to hear from you.
                    Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                    Sorry to hear about the medical issues in you life at the moment Dave. I do so hope they are resolved very soon.

As far as being preoccupied with family, I don't think that ever ends. However, that's not all together a bad thing.

Hope to see you here as ofter as you can make it.

Keep strong my friend.

Thank you very much for the kind words and well wishes you guys. Fortunately the medical issues are not mine personally but it is an ongoing issue in my immediate family so it's a big influence in the lives of everyone involved. Sorry for wording it wrong before. I also apologize because it was not my intention to semi-hijack the celebratory Flamies thread with my stuff. I just felt like I should offer a little bit of an explanation instead of just popping in, offering congratulations to the winners and then disappearing again.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're dealing with medical issues yourself Ithildin. I hope things are heading in a positive direction for you on that front. You are absolutely right about even briefly visiting the forum each day. I have always felt that even just a few minutes of exposure to our great forum and community raises the spirits. It's like Lembas; one small bite is enough in times of need!

Speaking of the good stuff, I'm almost ready to post pictures of my new and improved collection. I'm very happy with the way it's looking right now and really excited about posting it and sharing it with you all. I'm just waiting for the wonderful Arwen & Frodo on Asfaloth to arrive and then it's time for and and hopefully some
                    Last edited by DD; 3rd March 2019, 07:00.

Comment

Ithildin Sorry to read things are a bit rough for you. You know my thoughts are with you and hope whatever it is will be better soon.

Comment

Very sorry to have missed the live event. But even as a rerun the Red Carpet event was epic!

A massive thank you to Minuialwen, Stig, Olórin, Red, and Scriff who have clearly put so much work into this year's Flamie Awards. It all looked and felt perfect (and perfectly imperfect where needed! )
                        Congratulations to all the winners! I voted for most of you, but not all of you.

Can't believe all you lucky Hall of Flamers will each get a real Poop! That is just amazing Annabel

(On a personal note, I don't like being so inactive on the forum but I'm preoccupied with family and medical stuff. Lots of drama. It takes the wind out of your sails on most days. Anyway. Can't last forever. right?
                        )

I couldn’t get this thing to tag you but u also wanted to say to you that my thoughts are with you as well. If I can help in anyway let me know.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that you're dealing with medical issues yourself Ithildin. I hope things are heading in a positive direction for you on that front. You are absolutely right about even briefly visiting the forum each day. I have always felt that even just a few minutes of exposure to our great forum and community raises the spirits. It's like Lembas; one small bite is enough in times of need!
                          Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                          Ithildin Sorry to read things are a bit rough for you. You know my thoughts are with you and hope whatever it is will be better soon.
                          Thanks so much! Hopefully, I'll find out in a month of so from the tests how things will be. Whatever happens, it is what it is and we will make the best out of it! Just keep smiling, if anything, it will make people wonder what you have been up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                            Thanks so much! Hopefully, I'll find out in a month of so from the tests how things will be. Whatever happens, it is what it is and we will make the best out of it! Just keep smiling, if anything, it will make people wonder what you have been up to.
                            No problem at all. . I will keep you in my thoughts and fingers crossed it all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel View Post
                              For the Hall of Flame awardees, I will acquire an up to date price for sending by Friday this week. Watch this space
                              Annabel, Friday has come and gone.

Some of us here are not all that patient, just ask Weta about this, and want to display our wonderful poop Hall of Flamie, in our collection rooms.

Have your paypal address, just need to know the amount.

Comment

Sorry for my absence since the after party. Lost a few days there *burp* have no idea what happened.

Firstly thanks to my fellow Mod Olorin for his more than kind words. Especially humbling since I carry a pang of guilt in pipping you by the mere generosity of one individuals vote. We really do need to remedy that and have you in the Hall next year so all the Mods can put their feet up with a frothy one in the grand splendor of the Great Hall. Thanks again my friend.

Being voted for let alone picking up two wonderful Flamies brings a smile to my face. So thank you to all who voted for me. More so though is the thought of each and everyone of you enjoying each other's company and creating friendships all based around our love of Middle Earth.

Thanks again to everyone who voted and for taking part in the amazing Flamies. Greatly appreciated

Elessar I'm really happy to be sharing the honour but also entering the Hall together. It's great to see an old timer who has dedicated so much time and effort in sharing the love of Middle Earth be rewarded by his peers.

To my fellow Mods Stig, Min, Ol and Scriff thanks for a great show and for your continued support and friendship. May the laughs continue.

Sorry to hear about the drama (think I may have been there where you are my friend) DD. If you or Ith need a chat, vent feel free to send me a PM. Always happy to just listen as I know we all have our hard times.

Peace out.
                                Last edited by Red; 3rd March 2019, 23:44.
                                The Red Room
                                https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Sorry guys, Friday came and went ..... Its a busy time. Forgot to take it to the post office.
                                  In my bag today.

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                                    Elessar I'm really happy to be sharing the honour but also entering the Hall together. It's great to see an old timer who has dedicated so much time and effort in sharing the love of Middle Earth be rewarded by his peers.
                                    Likewise to you my friend. You have contributed quite a bit yourself here giving if your time. So I find it fitting we’re going in together. I thank you again for your kindness over the years and your kind words/support for whatever my contributions may be to something we both love Middle-earth.

Comment

Congratulations Award Winners

Postage & packaging prices to send awards:

New Zealand Post: Standard International Air Mail - No Tracking
                                      Customs sticker will read: plastic ornament, value $2 NZD

NZ = $5 NZD (national post)
                                      Australia = $10 NZD Standard International Airmail
                                      Rest of the World = $17 NZD Standard International Airmail

Payments may be made to my PayPal account: [email protected]
                                      Please pay the fee.

With your sending address, please include your forum name & contact phone number. I'll put ph # on parcel.

Last edited by Annabel; 4th March 2019, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel View Post

Congratulations Award Winners

Postage & packaging prices to send awards:

New Zealand Post: Standard International Air Mail - No Tracking
                                        Customs sticker will read: plastic ornament, value $2 NZD

NZ = $5 NZD (national post)
                                        Australia = $10 NZD Standard International Airmail
                                        Rest of the World = $17 NZD Standard International Airmail

Payments may be made to my PayPal account: [email protected]
                                        Please pay the fee.

With your sending address, please include your forum name & contact phone number. I'll put ph # on parcel.

So that’s $12 US, right?

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us Hall of Flamers Annabel .
                                          Money, address, phone number and forum name sent to you. I so can't wait.

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

So that’s $12 US, right?
                                          I just put in the correct amount of NZD and paypal converted it and showed how much it will be in CAD. Then added a note with all needed info and pressed send. Now the long agonizing wait.
                                          Last edited by Minuialwen; 4th March 2019, 15:48.

Comment

Working...
                                          X