Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elessar, I hear that Annabel has all the 'raw material' she needs so if Brego does make a 'mess' it will be up to you to clean up after him. Being in the Hall of Flame does not get you out of 'clean up doo doo duty'.
    Thanks for the lovely commpliment on the picture. Slowly but surely I am getting a bit better with Photoshop.

Do you hear that Elessar???

The music in the distance. ...???

Please press play, especially if you enjoy watching dogs. I know some of you will not scroll down until the song has ended.

Well with that music it can only mean one Flamer is heading our way ...

Yup, I was right, it is non other than @Vicksken.
    I'm starting to wonder if it was such a great idea to inform you all to find a mode of transportation.

Comment

Congrats Elessar and Red ! Very thankful for all your contributions and chats.

Comment

Minuialwen Good thing I decided to pay for a sitter for brego. No problem at all. You’re better at it than I am. So I should be asking you for tips.

I did. I think the clean up crew has more than brego to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
          Congrats Elessar and Red ! Very thankful for all your contributions and chats.
          Thank ya, sir. Thank you your kindness and friendship.

Comment

Hey wiking, that is an amazing mode of transportation you have there. Seems a tad bit safer than Warofoz's and Vicksken's.

Comment

Beautiful party folks, amazing job!

Comment

Here comes the next one. With such a mellow song no wonder he is so far behind the rest. . .

Do you remember who likes this song?

I do think he picked the wrong song for the mode of transportation he decided on.

I'm sure you will think the same way I do.

I'm thinking you need faster running water Dave Mac, in order to get to the 'after moot' and back in time.

Hey there Dave, don't tell me you lost your paddle already??

Dave Mac, please don't loose the Catnip that Alwayshappy asked for.

I have this feeling that Dave Mac will end up with two songs to his name. The one he likes and this more fitting song:

Comment

Well, that was an event and then some! I had such a wonderful time and now that it's winding down I just wanted to say a little thank you to our Mods that made it all happen.
                  THANK YOU!!!

Olorin
                  Minuialwen
                  Stig
                  Scriff
                  and
                  Red

I know that we will never really understand all of the work that goes into making an even like this happen and keeping the forum up and running on a daily basis but from me bottom of my heart and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have this small oasis in this digital desert to call home!

So again, a very grateful thanks for everything that you do for us!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                    Well, that was an event and then some! I had such a wonderful time and now that it's winding down I just wanted to say a little thank you to our Mods that made it all happen.
                    THANK YOU!!!

Olorin
                    Minuialwen
                    Stig
                    Scriff
                    and
                    Red

I know that we will never really understand all of the work that goes into making an even like this happen and keeping the forum up and running on a daily basis but from me bottom of my heart and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have this small oasis in this digital desert to call home!

I’ll second that.

Comment

Here comes the next member, or at least their music.

He is using a mode of transportation many on the forum would love for Weta to make. One sixth size if you don't mind Weta.

I sure hope Scriff is strapped in well, since he has no way of hanging on.

Comment

Hey ho, that is Celaglar 's music.

Oh no, ...

It seems like Celaglar 's shyness on the red carpet, may have caused him to be late for his ride to the 'After Moot'.

Swim Celaglar, SWIM!!!

Looks like the boat maybe turning around and coming back for him.

Hey Den , I have this feeling that you had a bit too much to drink.

Running in a wheel will not get you to the 'After Moot' my friend. Plus it seems like you are having a few problems staying in the wheel.

Maybe Radagast can help you out. Hopefully it is nothing too serious Den.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Hey ho, that is Celaglar 's music.

Oh no, ...

It seems like Celaglar 's shyness on the red carpet, may have caused him to be late for his ride to the 'After Moot'.

Swim Celaglar, SWIM!!!

Looks like the boat maybe turning around and coming back for him.

Hey Den , I have this feeling that you had a bit too much to drink.

Running in a wheel will not get you to the 'After Moot' my friend. Plus it seems like you are having a few problems staying in the wheel.

Maybe Radagast can help you out. Hopefully it is nothing too serious Den.

Nice one! Thanks for the picture. My avatar is actually taken at that same location, but you probably saw that.

Congrats to all winners! Well deserved. Love this event, so much fun reading after a good night sleep.

Comment

Oh my goodness they are still playing their music as they head back to Hobbiton.

If I am not mistaken I do believe I hear FrodoEyes' music now.

Not to far off in the distance, I believe that is Red's music I hear ....

What a great song Red to bring all our wonderful Flamers back to relax and enjoy each others company while Stig calculates all the stats and gets ready for his final address. Which could be rather delayed. So please get comfy and relax a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                              Thank you all for taking the time to stay for a quick photo op.

Done. One more to adorn the wall of the Great Hall of Flame.

From Left to right: Eti, Scriff, Idril, Elessar, Ithildin, way in the back ground, Minuialwen, Red and our esteemed leader Stig.

Thank you all again, you may now go and get changed and head on over with the rest of them to ghettodactyl's.

Oh my what is that I hear?

Please press play and then start scrolling down verrrrrryyyyyyyyyy ssssssllllllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyy

This must mean that Warofoz is close by ....

but where?

anyone see him?

The music seems to be coming from the air, way up hig,,....

No he wouldn't be that adventurous would he??

I know that I stated you should find a mode of transportation but really Warofoz?? I mean REALLY?????

Remember, just because you get there first doesn't mean you get to drink all the liquor yourself .... that is if you get there at all. :

Great suggestion Warofoz to have music as the Red Carpet Flamers were announced, unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, this was unable to happen. We figured it would be nice to have it now.

Congrats to all the winners!
                              Red and Elessar great to see you inducted to the Hall of Flames!

Oh and if anyone asks I didn't steal the Witch-King's ride- I borrowed it... I intend to return him... one day.... honestly...

Now where did I park him?
                              "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Sorry I'm a little late for the afterparty, would you believe the bouncer/guard at the front door wouldn't let me in?!

Here's the guy:

He says I'm too scruffy looking. What a hypocrite!

I'm going to try to scale the back wall, should be no sweat after climbing that old Deeping Wall

In the meantime, big congrats to all the winners, you guys make the forum the wonderful place that it is. Great to see Red and Elessar in the Hall of Flame

Wow, quote of the year indeed!

Thanks for the votes guys, I love a bit of creative writing (as you've probably started to suspect by now, judging by the number of times I've randomly and unsuspectingly inflicted it upon you all) and in writing that little story I gained a tiny insight into how much work our mods put into making this forum the place that it is. With all the screenshots etc, coupled with my own inherent technical incompetency, it took me a few nights well beyond midnight into the early hours of the morning to put together, so I can only imagine the time our mods spend on here. Thank you, all of you

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                                I'm so honoured that you guys, girls and Hobbits think my simple quote is as good as Valars story I feel so much pressure to deliver a fantastic speech but I'm speechless. Hopefully my lucky penguin can distract you all from my failure
                                The simple things in life are often the best! Great quote Vicky, size matters not, as Master Yoda would say. I couldn't think of a nicer person to share this award with

Having said that, if only happiness was truly found in statues or money, it would be so much easier to find than the somewhat elusive "Inner Peace"!

Btw your "Beach Boy" pic was hilarious, I'm a surfer myself but that’s a little out of my league I think

Comment

So - who’s hungover?

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                    THANK YOU!!!

Olorin
                                    Minuialwen
                                    Stig
                                    Scriff
                                    and
                                    Red

I will third that too

thank you for all your hard work and dedication

Comment

The party draws to a close and I hope you all have found your socks, purses and pants and made it safely home from Minuialwens crazy afterparty.
                                      It is a joy to celebrate the Flamies with you all each year and I want to congratulate all the award winners. We had some well known names on the stage this weekend and some brand new ones. I want to thank all of you who sent in their ballot and voted in this year's Flamies. And thank you to all the runner ups and other nominated members. You are all making a wonderful change to this forum. You people ARE the Flame of Udûn.

On a personal note I would like to thank all of you who voted for me. It is very humbling to be voted for in 5 categories.
                                      The Flamies wouldn't have been a thing without the wonderful team that is Red, Scriff, Olórin and Minuialwen. You are all superheroes! And a big thank you to Magnus and Lisa at Weta for their help, support and amazing prizes.

Top 10 total number of votes
                                      Number of votes are added up across the categories
                                      1. Minuialwen 52
                                      2. Dave Mac 36
                                      2. Red 36
                                      4. bill59 32
                                      5. Elessar 31
                                      6. Valar 26
                                      7. Kyle 25
                                      8. Olórin 17
                                      9. Vicksken 16
                                      10. Bslayer8 15

Top 10 number of nominations
                                      Ranked after how many categories the members have been nominated in.
                                      1. Red 10
                                      2. Valar 7
                                      3. Vicksken 6
                                      3. FrodoEyes 6
                                      3. Elessar 6
                                      6. bill59 5
                                      6. Stig 5
                                      6. cthrag 5
                                      6. Dave Mac 5
                                      10. TheWhiteHand 4
                                      10. Olórin 4
                                      10. Orc from Morc 4
                                      10. Eti 4
                                      10. Fremen 4
                                      10. Alwayshappy 4
                                      10. Minuialwen 4
                                      10. Annabel 4

Top 10 average number of votes per category
                                      1. Minuialwen 13
                                      2. Kyle 8.3
                                      3. Bslayer8 7.5
                                      4. Dave Mac 7.2
                                      5. ToyBiz 2 Polystone 7
                                      5. ghettodactyl 7
                                      7. bill59 6.4
                                      8. Dreamspheres 6
                                      9. Elessar 5.2
                                      10. Ithildin 4.7

Most influential Flamer
                                      Total number of votes/post count - divided by 10
                                      * only members with 100 or more posts and having been voted for in the 2018 Flamies are included.
                                      1. Fremen 6.7
                                      2. ghettodactyl 6.2
                                      3. Bslayer8 5.3
                                      3. oldduffer 5.3
                                      5. Valar 3.7
                                      5. Orc from Morc 3.7
                                      7. Atomsk 3.4
                                      8. modelismoesaga 3,2
                                      9. Annabel 2.6
                                      10. Dreamspheres 2.6

Top 5 of categories with the most nominees
                                      1. Hall of Flame 23
                                      2. Best Dressed 21
                                      3. The Good Samaritan 19
                                      4. Most Helpful Flamer 17
                                      4. Collection of the Year 17
                                      4. Thread of the Year 17

Top 5 categories with the most votes
                                      1. Hall of Flame 46
                                      1. Collectible of the Year: Middle Earth 46
                                      1. Quote of the Year 46
                                      4. Rookie of the Year 45
                                      4. Collection of the Year 45
                                      4. Most Helpful 45
                                      4. Comedian 45
                                      Last edited by Minuialwen; 26th February 2019, 14:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

The party draws to a close and I hope you all have found your socks, purses and pants and made it safely home from Minuialwens crazy afterparty.
                                        It is a joy to celebrate the Flamies with you all each year and I want to congratulate all the award winners. We had some well known names on the stage this weekend and some brand new ones. I want to thank all of you who sent in their ballot and voted in this year's Flamies. And thank you to all the runner ups and other nominated members. You are all making a wonderful change to this forum. You people ARE the Flame of Udûn.

On a personal note I would like to thank all of you who voted for me. It is very humbling to voted for in 6 categories.
                                        The Flamies wouldn't have been a thing without the wonderful team that is Red, Scriff, Olórin and Minuialwen. You are all superheroes! And a big thank you to Magnus and Lisa at Weta for help, support and amazing prizes.

Top 10 number of nominations
                                        Ranked after how many categories the members have been nominated in[/CENTER]
                                        1. bill59 6
                                        1. Eti 6
                                        1. Stig 6
                                        4. Dave Mac 5
                                        4. Elessar 5
                                        4. Ithildin 5
                                        7. Celaglar 4
                                        7. Dr.Malcolm 4
                                        7. Finarfin 4
                                        7. Idril 4
                                        7. Kyle 4
                                        7. Little Lion 4
                                        7. Minuialwen 4
                                        7. Nocturno the Dark Shadow 4
                                        7. Olórin 4
                                        7. TheWhiteHand 4
                                        [CENTER]

[/TABLE]
                                        I enjoyed it very much again. Thank you all for organizing this!

Just one question, I see my name here for 4 nominations, but have not seen it in the results. I am very curious to see for which I was nominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

I enjoyed it very much again. Thank you all for organizing this!

Just one question, I see my name here for 4 nominations, but have not seen it in the results. I am very curious to see for which I was nominated.
                                          It also counts honorable mentions

Comment

Working...
                                          X