This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2018 Flamies Award Ceremony

The red carpet is rolled out, the curtains are raised, the light is turned on - the center stage is ready for the winners! Welcome to the biggest forum event of the year. This is the fourth time we've had the pleasure to invite you all to The Flamies Awards here at The Flame of Udûn message boards. Over the last couple of weeks you flamers have voted for each other in several categories - including a new one this year. Over the course of this weekend we, the moderator team, will present the winners in each of the categories. Stay tuned to find out if your favorite won - or maybe you did!

This year's hosts are Red, Scriff, Minuialwen, Olórin and myself.

Before we start the award ceremony and take a look on the fabulous people on the red carpet, let's take a look at the year we just left behind.
    2018 was a year of the big stuff when it comes to Weta stuff. Even if the reception was mixed, Thranduil on Elk was released and up to that day it was the biggest 1:6 scale polystone statue Weta had made. Another biggie was the first Master Collection ever: The 1:3 scale Gollum. Later in the year we got something even bigger and more coveted: The incredible Master Collection Treebeard with Merry and Pippin. Even if it did open a long time before 2018, we can't avoid mentioning the Weta made exhibition 'Gallipoli: The Scale of Our War' where 8 giant, lifelike figures where made in 2.4:1 scale. The exhibition opened back in 2015 and will stay up until the end of 2019. Go visit it before it is too late.

Our forum grew a bit too in 2018. Even if the informal bet among the moderators if we would hit 1000 members before the end of the year or not didn't pan out like the more optimistic of us hoped, we did gain quite a few new flamers. The most active ones got nominated for the Rookie award which will be announced in a few hours. See below for a few more statistics:
    Threads: 2,181 (+395)
    Members: 976 (+142)

Our top posters:
    1. Minuialwen 5555 (-)
    2. Ithildin 4487 (-)
    3. Idril 3788 (-)
    4. Stig 3632 (-)
    5. Elessar 3381 (-)
    6. Vicksken 2918 (+3)
    7. Eti 2312 (-)
    8. Nocturno 2159 (-2)
    9. bill59 2049 (-1)
    10. Dave Mac 1893 (new)
    A special mention and some comforting hugs to the one who fell off the top 10 list in 2018:
    TheWhiteHand fell for the first time since he joined FoU out of the top 10 list to number 11. Will he be back next year? Will the newcomer Dave Mac topple the whole list and be #1 next year?

In a few hours we'll announce the first winner of the year. But first, let's see all those pretty people on the red carpet!
    Last edited by Minuialwen; 26th February 2019, 14:47.

I'll give it a go

Comment

EXCITING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
        EXCITING!!!
        Absolutely. Been looking forward to this for a while.

Comment

Let's get this show on the road!

bill59 I know we've had our differences on Zirakzigil, but that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Come on, don't be shy now!

Comment

Very romantic, Olórin . I hope the two of you have a wonderful evening here and that you both score big!

Two others who seem to cozy up to one another is oldduffer and Wetanut

The two of them never did find a way to go to SDCC together, but as luck would have it, they were able to come to this year's Flamies , and walk down the red carpet together. Wetanut is wearing a stunning low cut, deep green dress and oldduffer in this year's Flamies colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
              Very romantic, Olórin . I hope the two of you have a wonderful evening here and that you both score big!

Two others who seem to cozy up to one another is oldduffer and Wetanut

The two of them never did find a way to go to SDCC together, but as luck would have it, they were able to come to this year's Flamies , and walk down the red carpet together. Wetanut is wearing a stunning low cut, deep green dress and oldduffer in this year's Flamies colors.
              I love that.

Comment

Looking fabulous, people!!

Has bill59 lost weight? He's looking very trim in that dress. Love the flaming haircut as well.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Olórin View Post
                  Let's get this show on the road!

bill59 I know we've had our differences on Zirakzigil, but that's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned. Come on, don't be shy now!

Offscreen Gandalf and I are the best of friends. No really, we are!

Comment

Bill59 isn't the only one who is dazzling us with a shiny dress.
                    TheWhiteHand sure know how to pose for the photographers

Comment

I think I'm in love!

Comment

Bill59 isn't the only one who is dazzling us with a shiny dress.
                        TheWhiteHand sure know how to pose for the photographers
                        OMG, it's a good thing I wasn't drinking something when I saw this photo, I would have choked. LOL, wow!

Comment

Elessar is here with his trustworthy Brego. You can be sure he leaves us presents wherever he goes. At least now we know where Annabel have gotten the raw materials for the Hall of Fame trophies

Comment

Elessar is here with his trustworthy Brego. You can be sure he leaves us presents wherever he goes. At least now we know where Annabel have gotten the raw materials for the Hall of Fame trophies

He’s very hard to potty train. I am glad to help with the trophy making process this year.

Comment

Comment

Minuialwen is here and ready to kick ass if anyone bullies her Flamer friends.
                                AlwaysHappy was playing with Dreamspheres on the red carpet until he got totally mesmerised by Min's extreme flexibility.
                                Little Lion is just happy to be here - as long as she got her leaves to play in

Comment

Elven chants don't work on everyone or everything, so a girl has to stay limber and ready for any battle no matter where it happens. No body had better mess with my Flamer Friends!!

So happy to have Little Lion, Alwayshappy and Dreamsphere share the Red Carpet with me.

Hope everyone enjoys this years Flamies.

Comment

Such a wonderful start the only awards ceremony that matters!

Scriff

Comment

Flame of Udûn
                                      The Flamies 2018

Best Dressed
                                      It is with great pleasure and a smile on my face that i present the first Flamie Award of the night. This Flamer is someone who is highly respected and a much loved member of the Forum. He's always up for a chat and a helping hand and is a Red to boot(hence my smile). He also does this with a touch of class and style which has again won him the coveted title of the Flamers Best Dressed.
                                      So raise your glass and stand with me in applause to congratulate our well attired friend Ith. Also congrats to everyone else nominated with a couple of ring ins repping the Mods.

Ithildin
                                      (8 votes)

Runner ups: Minuialwen (6) & Stig (6)

Honorable mentions: Elessar (3), TheWhiteHand (3), Vicksken (2), Adolfo (1), Aragorn (1), bill59 (1), Bslayer (1), Finarfin (1), Fremen (1), FrodoEyes (1), Gideon (1), Gwindor (1), MiaDurinsdaughter (1), Olórin (1), Pocketreef (1), Red (1), Valar (1), Watcher (1)
                                      Last edited by Red; 23rd February 2019, 18:09.
                                      The Red Room
                                      https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Congrats Ithildin

Comment

Working...
                                        X