The Flamies 2018, the nomination thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flamies 2018, the nomination thread

Click image for larger version  Name:	ballot_graphics_start.png Views:	5 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	137574

New year, new possibilities. We hope you all are doing absolutely fantastic, but if any of you should feel let down by the real life you have some uplifting and encouraging possibilities here. For those senior members of the Flame of Udûn community, you know the drill by heart. For those who haven't been with us that long, here's a short summary of what "The Flamies" are.

Every year we take a couple of weeks to celebrate ourselves here at Flame of Udûn. This is an event filled with positive affirmations, cool prizes, awards, pretty dresses, speeches, jokes and maybe even a hug or two. And the best thing: Everyone has the chance to win something!

By following the link at the end of this post, you get to a voting page where you work your way through the different categories and vote for your fellow members, threads or collectibles. As this is an annual event, we are looking for what's made a splash in the year we just left behind: 2018. The voting process is open for two weeks and after a brief pause to do the tally, we will invite you to the amazing award ceremony at the Green Dragon.

Nomination round: February 6th - February 21st
    Award ceremony: February 22nd - February 25th

Following is some very useful information about this year's categories (we even got a new one):

Best Dressed
    Who has the best looking avatar or signature - or combination of the two? Requirement to be nominated in this category is to have an avatar.
    Nominate one member.

Rookie of the Year
    Nominate one of our newcomers who have made an impact on you and/or the forum. Requirement to be nominated in this category is to have joined in 2018 and to have 50 posts or more.
    Nominate one of the following members:
    Atomsk, cthrag, Enelyë, Flo, Fremen, ghettodactyl, kingsjewel, monkeeman, Racquet10s, thrusterv1, ToyBiz 2 Polystone

Most Helpful Flamer
    Who has helped you out this year? Who has guided you through the forum with wisdom and advice? Any member can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

The Comedian
    Who makes a witty remark or cracks a joke which makes you laugh? Vote for the forum member you think is the funniest. Any member with a postcount can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

Collection of the Year
    Which collection do you think was the most breathtaking one in 2018? It could be a brand new collection or one who keeps ever expanding. It’s up to you if you focus on display and layout, size or value of the collection. Vote for the member who had the collection that impressed you the most. Only members who posted their collection in 'The Display Case' in 2018 on the forum can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

The Photographer of the Year
    Who has WOW-ed you with their photography skills this year? It could be someone who has taken amazing photos of their holidays or whose photos have made you want to purchase a Weta item. Any member who has posted one or more of their own photos in 2018 can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

Giveaway of the Year
    A giveaway that baffled you, was fun to participate in or one you simply won. Any giveaway held by a forum member in 2018 can be nominated. List of eligible giveaways can be found on the voting page.
    Nominate one giveaway.

Artist of the Year
    Who has WOW-ed you with their own talent and crafts this year? Sculpting, drawing, painting, building - anything artistic is a go. Any member who has posted their own fanbased, unlicensed and unprofessional work in the Art Section can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

The Good Samaritan
    Who do you think was the most generous forum member in 2018? Did someone go out of their way to help you acquire a piece? Or did someone take time out of their day to do something really selfless for you or the whole FoU community? Any member can be nominated.
    Nominate one member.

Collectible of the Year
    What Weta collectible blew your mind? Whatever size or material, nominate the Weta collectible you liked the best of those released in 2018. Please refer to the list on the voting page. This category has two awards again this year.
    Nominate one non-Middle-Earth and one Middle-Earth product.

Quote of the Year NEW!
    The moderator team has throughout the year picked a quote here and there which stood out from the crowd. This is just a selection of all the crazy, fun and silly things you guys have posted in 2018. Some things are bound to pass us by, but we still got a healthy selection. Please choose one of the 10 listed quotes/posts as your favorite. (As the voting system doesn't allow linking directly to the posts, you need to use the list below as reference)
    A (Valar in 'Thranduil on Elk'): "Gandalf: We now have but one choice. We must face the long dark of the Thranduil On Elk thread…" [more in original post]
    B (pocketreef in 'Weta Stock Taking Sale'): "Polystone literally rocks" [more in original post]
    C (Ithildin in 'The Pipe Staff of Gandalf the Grey'): "Some of us like to wipe in style." [more in original post]
    D (FrodoEyes in 'SDCC 2018 Weta'): "It's beginning to look a lot like comic con! Eeeeeverywhere you go! Take a look at the booth and see, the goodies made for me, to my own front door!"
    E (Vicksken in 'Haldir 1/6 statue'): "money doesn't give you happiness... Statues do! If only one wasn't needed for the other " [more in original post]
    F (Beorn in 'The Pipe Staff of Gandalf the Grey'): "Mine has shipped as well. I attempted to cancel the order to please my wife but it appears I was too late."
    G (Anarion in 'Grishnahk 1/6 statue'): "Here's a screenshot just before Treebeard turns Grishnakh into his own base." [more in original post]
    H (Valar in 'The Rampant Speculation Thread'): "We... have just agreed..." "Yes?" "I have told your concerns to the Entmoot... ...and we... have agreed..." [more in original post]
    I (Valar + Earl.Haig in 'Building a Hobbit Hole'): "I honestly feel we almost need an entire thread called 'The Doorknob Thread' (not to be confused with 'The Hinge Thread'...)" "The Strapping/Stud Thread? You coy devil you." [more in original posts]
    J (Dave Mac in 'Grishnakh 1/6 statue') "If it was a moment after piece, then would we see a 7 toed footprint on a Grishnak pizza?"

Thread of the Year
    Which thread did you find the most fun, interesting or useful? Or all three? Which thread made you come back again and again. Any thread started in 2018 (and/or with the majority of it's post from 2018) can be nominated.
    Nominate one thread.

Hall of Flame
    Who do you think has deserved a place of honour in the Hall of Flame? The nominees are those who have done a remarkable job to make the Flame of Udûn message board what it is today. Any member, not already in the Hall of Flame, can be nominated. Those already in the Hall of Flame are Stig, Minuialwen, Scriff, Eti, Idril and Ithildin.
    Nominate one or two members.

The winner of each category will be announced during the award ceremony February 22nd-25th
    Click image for larger version  Name:	vote-button.png Views:	5 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	137573

Good luck with the voting. Make sure to get your votes in before the deadline. Is it hard to find all your nominees in one go? Download this vote-notes.pdf , print it and have it in front you while doing your daily forum browsing. Sometimes the old fashioned and manual way is the easier way.

During the award ceremony we will have a raffle where we draw winners from those who sent in their votes. Prizes are sponsored by Weta. Remember; only one ballot per person. If you have voted in 6 or more categories, you get one ticket for the raffle. If you vote in all categories, you get two tickets. Double the chances! Wow!*

Click image for larger version  Name:	prizes.jpg Views:	86 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	138775

And as an extra special mini giveaway, we'll give a small prize to the member who is the first, tenth, twenty-fifth and fiftieth person to send in their ballot.*

If you want to opt out of the giveaways, please let us know in the comment text field at the end of your ballot.

Originally posted by Stig View Post
    And as extra special mini giveaway, we give a small prize to the member who is the first, tenth, twenty-fifth and fiftieth person to send in their ballot.*
    Fun fact; you guys have no idea how many have voted at any given time.

Comment

Woohoo! let the fun begin!

Comment

Yeah, voted. Good luck to all nominees and may the best one win. Already curious for the prizes :P

Comment

Need to get settled in my comfy pants and empty my mind of all distractions so I can once more attend to the task of choosing wisely. This may take a while as the pants need to be just right for the long haul!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	403328663186770.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	137624

Is it that time already?

Comment

Nice, this beats Eurovision voting by a mile

Comment

My votes are in.

Comment

I have a little something in the way of an award for the Hall of Flame winners. That's right...a physical object that will fast become the most prized grail for all Flamie members.... and who so ever has one, will be the envy of all.
                  (I will have spares for current holders too)
                  Hope to have it ready in time for the award ceremony.
                  Pics soon ....Promise
                  Last edited by Annabel; 8th February 2019, 23:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Annabel View Post
                    I have a little something in the way of an award for the Hall of Flame winners. That's right...a physical object that will fast become the most prized grail for all Flamie members.... and who so ever has one, will be the envy of all.
                    (I will have spares for current holders too)
                    Hope to have it ready in time for the award ceremony.
                    Pics soon ....Promise
                    This is why we do this. Not that anyone NEED to do what Annabel is doing, but the Flamies is something that us moderators can give back to a community which sparks stuff just like this. Love you, Flamers!

Comment

Voted! Thank you for the organisation

Comment

Oh, and for those who are wondering what the Flamies are, or those who want to revisit last year's award ceremony, just follow this link: https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/ge...award-ceremony

Comment

Its Flamies time again?!?! Wow time goes by sooo quickly!!!

Good luck everyone!
                          "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Nominations are in from me =)

Comment

Very excited for this. Nominations are in and it was very hard to vote!!

Comment

Always fun when the Flamies are about. Have a working Saturday to (not) look forward to so I'll take my time with the votes then.

And anyone considering not to vote needs to take about 3 seconds looking at Minuialwen "don't forget to vote" signature banner - the way that Arwen is glaring I wanted not only to vote immediately but to apologize for not turning the dishwasher on last night.

Comment

Thanks Anarion , I am glad that the time I spend finding just the right expression on Arwen's face was not in vane, if it gets just one more member to vote, I'm happy.

Now, about not starting the dishwasher ... You either need to do it on a night that is not yours, or you need to unload it when it is not your turn.

Comment

Nominated!!! My first ever entry. Excited! Thanks to the admins and Hall of Famers here!

Comment

votes done, is it ok that I voted for myself in every category

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post
                                        is it ok that I voted for myself in every category
                                        You're a winner, baby!

Comment

Working...
                                        X