SPOILERS- Game of Thrones-Season 8 + New Prequel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 seasons of build up and intricate story lines only for the writers to butcher the series with mediocre deaths and accelerated character developments. This season is disappointing me.

I want more of the white walkers, Bran/raven and less rush to kill characters who were unkillable in 7 seasons!

Comment

I was actually quite happy with Episode 5... It's got a lot of hate but personally I hated episode 3, so this actually isn't bad when compared to that.

I've always wanted Kings Landing to be wiped off the face of Westeros. I was hoping the White Walkers would do it. Then when they were cruelly, disappointedly, and stupidly eliminated I was hoping Cersei would blow up the entire city just to spite the 'good guys'.

Having Dany and Drogon do it was glorious to watch I knew they would make her go full-on super villain (all the best villains think they are the hero of their own story) Dany's descent into fire and fury has been foreshadowed for many years...

UNLIKE THE WEAK WHITE WALKERS ENDING - I'm not over it.

I have to admit I am very disappointed in Cersei's role this season. Cersei and the White walkers have been screwed over royally by the writers this season. It's such a shame. Cersei had about 10 minutes of screen time this entire season. Such a waste of a wonderful actor who has spent years of her life breathing life into this character. We went from hating her, to being fully on her side in seasons 5-6. Remember when Cersei used to be one of the main characters and had a decent character arc?

I think all these problems stem from the decision to cut seasons 7 and 8 down to a few episodes each. Character and story have suffered for it. They could have easily had 10 episodes each and we could have had more White Walkers - More lore - More Bran - More history - More Cersei - More of Dany slowly descending into madness... And fans would have eaten it up. HBO will have given the green light for sure. They wanted more! I have no idea why the showrunners wanted to cut it short and rush the ending. It's such a shame.

But like I said - Overall I enjoyed Ep 5. I've been waiting for Dany and Drogon to go nuclear for years!!!

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
      Dany will die. Jon will live, fly Drogon north of the wall and free him. Hook back up with Ghost and melt into the forest. Never to be seen by anyone south of the wall again. Tyrion ends up picking the pieces up in the south and Sansa rules the north. The end.
      I think this is pretty close to how it will play out...

I think Jon will die though. He's already died and like Beric said, he must have been brought back for a reason? As soon as that reason has been fulfilled it's time to go...

Either Jon or Tyrion will try and kill Dany. They could pull a great twist by having her survive and becoming Queen, but being hated by everyone. She might even take Drogon and torch Winterfell

I think Arya will slope off into the wild and never be seen again. Or maybe just leave Westeros for good. She's seen enough.

The only character I'm sure will survive is Tyrion. What role he will play I'm not sure. Maybe he will leave the south and go to live with Sansa in Winterfell?

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
        I was actually quite happy with Episode 5... It's got a lot of hate but personally I hated episode 3, so this actually isn't bad when compared to that.

I've always wanted Kings Landing to be wiped off the face of Westeros. I was hoping the White Walkers would do it. Then when they were cruelly, disappointedly, and stupidly eliminated I was hoping Cersei would blow up the entire city just to spite the 'good guys'.

Having Dany and Drogon do it was glorious to watch I knew they would make her go full-on super villain (all the best villains think they are the hero of their own story) Dany's descent into fire and fury has been foreshadowed for many years...

UNLIKE THE WEAK WHITE WALKERS ENDING - I'm not over it.

I have to admit I am very disappointed in Cersei's role this season. Cersei and the White walkers have been screwed over royally by the writers this season. It's such a shame. Cersei had about 10 minutes of screen time this entire season. Such a waste of a wonderful actor who has spent years of her life breathing life into this character. We went from hating her, to being fully on her side in seasons 5-6. Remember when Cersei used to be one of the main characters and had a decent character arc?

I think all these problems stem from the decision to cut seasons 7 and 8 down to a few episodes each. Character and story have suffered for it. They could have easily had 10 episodes each and we could have had more White Walkers - More lore - More Bran - More history - More Cersei - More of Dany slowly descending into madness... And fans would have eaten it up. HBO will have given the green light for sure. They wanted more! I have no idea why the showrunners wanted to cut it short and rush the ending. It's such a shame.

But like I said - Overall I enjoyed Ep 5. I've been waiting for Dany and Drogon to go nuclear for years!!!

I think this is pretty close to how it will play out...

I think Jon will die though. He's already died and like Beric said, he must have been brought back for a reason? As soon as that reason has been fulfilled it's time to go...

Either Jon or Tyrion will try and kill Dany. They could pull a great twist by having her survive and becoming Queen, but being hated by everyone. She might even take Drogon and torch Winterfell

I think Arya will slope off into the wild and never be seen again. Or maybe just leave Westeros for good. She's seen enough.

The only character I'm sure will survive is Tyrion. What role he will play I'm not sure. Maybe he will leave the south and go to live with Sansa in Winterfell?

Definitely agree mate. As much as Ep3 was a great stand alone episode, it somewhat ended for me there, winter is over Having not remembered a lot of the previous shows, I do wish that there was at least one scene against the Night King and ANYONE dueling with a sword [imagining the scene and statue of Aragorn and KotD]. When you look back, he probably had an easier role than Cersie has had [just staring out a window drinking wine] these last few episodes.
        But now winter is over, it doesn't really matter what happens ??????? Living in Australia you realise how pointless it is having anyone you choose in charge

Dany going mad wasn't surprising, it's not the first time she's lashed out at anyone. People foreshadowed and questioned the idea of a mad queen like her father, people wanted her in episode 4 to burn it down "Dracarys!" But now she does and people go crazy

One thing I have really enjoyed though, are the memes coming out for the last few episodes

Comment

Can't believe there is an online petition to remake final season

We've gone as mad as DannI!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
            Can't believe there is an online petition to remake final season

We've gone as mad as DannI!
            Currently up to 355,000+ signatures

It's kind of ridiculous though. It's a TV show, they're not jist gonna go "oh ok we will just restart filming"

Imagine how furious people would be if they went "Well instead of refilling an entire season, we just won't show theblast episode. GoT is over."

Comment

Originally posted by MrFishyFace View Post

It's kind of ridiculous though. It's a TV show, they're not jist gonna go "oh ok we will just restart filming"

Imagine how furious people would be if they went "Well instead of refilling an entire season, we just won't show theblast episode. GoT is over."
              I suppose Starbucks could fund it with all the free advertising

Comment

Definitely agree mate. As much as Ep3 was a great stand alone episode, it somewhat ended for me there, winter is over Having not remembered a lot of the previous shows, I do wish that there was at least one scene against the Night King and ANYONE dueling with a sword [imagining the scene and statue of Aragorn and KotD]. When you look back, he probably had an easier role than Cersie has had [just staring out a window drinking wine] these last few episodes.
                But now winter is over, it doesn't really matter what happens ??????? Living in Australia you realise how pointless it is having anyone you choose in charge

Dany going mad wasn't surprising, it's not the first time she's lashed out at anyone. People foreshadowed and questioned the idea of a mad queen like her father, people wanted her in episode 4 to burn it down "Dracarys!" But now she does and people go crazy

One thing I have really enjoyed though, are the memes coming out for the last few episodes
                I heard that Lena Headey got paid of LOT of money for this final season... Good for her, she deserves it. But basically getting paid to stand and look at a green screen... For about 10 minutes of screen time across 5 episodes. I hope she's laughing about it and not too disappointed like us!

It's the same here in the UK... Doesn't matter who's in charge, they're all as useless as each other...

Yeah I too am loving the memes that have come out of this season. Absolutely fantastic. Well done internet!

Apparently it's over 400,000 now. Probably close to 500,000!

It is very silly, but I guess it's a good way to make a point to the showrunners. Not that they care I'm sure.

Comment

Hot Pie on the Iron Throne or nothing!!!!

Comment

Beast petition is over 1 million now I think people are bow just voting for the sake of voting.

If only people were this passionate about things that actually mattered

Comment

Beast petition is over 1 million now I think people are bow just voting for the sake of voting.

If only people were this passionate about things that actually mattered
                      The Wrath of the Nerd in full flow it seems. But like you say, if only it was directed on real world events

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

The Wrath of the Nerd in full flow it seems. But like you say, if only it was directed on real world events
                        They spent years hiding in the shadows, now the nerds are unleashed! Sunscreen will be flying off the shelves as nerds everywhere finally leave their mother's basement to go protest. We are all doomed

Comment

They spent years hiding in the shadows, now the nerds are unleashed! Sunscreen will be flying off the shelves as nerds everywhere finally leave their mother's basement to go protest. We are all doomed
                          They are living their own Endgame now and are uniting to destroy any who dare to stray from the truth contained in the fiction! Sales of keyboards are going through the roof due to mashing of buttons everywhere

Comment

It's hard to believe that it's the night of the last episode after all this time. Kind of bittersweet. Now bring on book six you sluggard!

Comment

Foreshadowing ain´t character development ;)

The petition in my opinion is not just about asking to re-do the actual season. To many people it´s just to let showrunners and HBO know, that they don´t like what is presented to them. I think that´s totally fine, everybody has the right to voice their opinion. And what other ways are there to let HBO know that in the future they can´t just feed anything to the fans ? I didn´t sign the petition, even though i´m totally disappointed with the last season. It won´t change anything now. And like it was stated above, voting for people to get in charge doesn´t change anything these days. Just look at politics and politicians around the world, it seems they gotten out of control. Sometimes i think it would have been best if Drogon had leveled the EU parliament instead of a city full of innocent people.

Btw. WHY would the breaker of chains, destroyer of the wheel etc. do what she did ? Because she killed her enemies in the past ? To me that´s a completely different thing since those were the masters, slavetraders, khals threatening to rape her and enemies in battle (Tarly-guys). Can´t remember her to snap like this. It would have been okay, if this development had taken at least 3-4 more episodes. Actually EVERYTHING else would have needed 3-4 more episodes. With this extra-time it might have worked out to farewell a lot of these characters and actually give a damn about them. But right now, most people don´t care anymore. I don´t care who ends up on the throne. Let me just quote one phrase which you might wanna remember for the last episode tonight: "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives". Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Beorninger View Post
                                Btw. WHY would the breaker of chains, destroyer of the wheel etc. do what she did ? Because she killed her enemies in the past ? To me that´s a completely different thing since those were the masters, slavetraders, khals threatening to rape her and enemies in battle (Tarly-guys). Can´t remember her to snap like this. It would have been okay, if this development had taken at least 3-4 more episodes. Actually EVERYTHING else would have needed 3-4 more episodes. With this extra-time it might have worked out to farewell a lot of these characters and actually give a damn about them. But right now, most people don´t care anymore. I don´t care who ends up on the throne. Let me just quote one phrase which you might wanna remember for the last episode tonight: "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives". Just saying
                                Absolutely right as to the lack of setup in the short term, although it was always there for the long term. Some fans just became so enamoured with Daenerys that they now can't see the past logical developments that triggered her actions in Ep.5. Having that said that, yes... the downfall was much too fast. This was always going to happen, in my mind, we just needed a few more episodes to rationalize the slow descent rather than the abrupt change.

As to why she did what she did, in a recent interview, the showrunners explained that she made the decision in the moment Drogon landed on that roof and the bells were ringing. She looks at the Red Keep, stolen seat of her ancestors, and hears the cries of mercy to a queen that is not her (Cersei). Her own words echo back at her that she is not loved here, only feared. So she decides to make it personal and like her father, burn them all. It's abrupt and lacks the setup that was needed to make it easier to believe, but this was always the road she was going to go down.

The road there was long and full of turns, but the writers decided to floor the accelerator just before the last couple of curves and we all got collective whiplash as a result, but the finish line was always there waiting for us regardless. This is something that can be applied to just about everything else that has happened this final season.

Comment

Finished watching the last episode. It was a disappointment as I expected it would be. I don’t want to spoil it for anyone else so I won’t mention anything til everyone gets more time to see it.

Comment

If you havent watched you shouldnt be here. spoiler zone.

I think the internet will explode considering the how ****ed off my wife is.

They wanted to be different but they found the common place. A tasteless end, mix of nonsense with self pity. Did Ned Stark die for this? The night king deserved better. I watched it without emotions, nothing, the saga deserved a better ending. Why not to end at Ep 5? Drogo puts fire and end. Trying to explain everything is the kryptonite of Today's shows. See where Star Wars fails, from midichlorians to Han's dices.

Comment

I am very happy with the ending. They came full circle with the main characters. I feel completely at peace with it. What an experience this was!

Did the season felt rushed? Yes, it did. A couple more episodes would've been nice and more explanatory. But even then there would be those who love to hate what the showrunners came up with. Which is essentially in accordance to GRRM, by the way.

When (IF) the day comes the last two books will be released, we should get more closure. For now, this was a really great adaptation.

Comment

So the Throne really did become the hot seat of power!

Good to see there were no big fallouts and deciding battles between former allies, just the age old knife in the dark and hard negotiations as has been the way for centuries. Ended as well as could be expected for a TV drama which has really set the bar for LotR now.

Comment

It was very enjoyable and a fitting end to the saga. Great eye candy - as usual. The scene with Dany and the dragon wings behind her was particularly impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                          X