SPOILERS- Game of Thrones-Season 8 + New Prequel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited for this to finally be coming. My wife and I have been binge watching all the seasons from the beginning (like we do every new season) just to get re-caught up since it's been so long. I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Puzzlemaster View Post
      I'm so excited for this to finally be coming. My wife and I have been binge watching all the seasons from the beginning (like we do every new season) just to get re-caught up since it's been so long. I can't wait!
      It's weird, now that it just around the corner it feels it has been no time at all since it was on last on. Sign of a great show to have us all eagerly waiting after 2 years!

Comment

I just rewatched seasons 6 and season with the wife. It was so good to rewatch and pick up a few things we missed first viewings.
        just over 2 weeks to go!
        finally after 20 years I get an ending to this story!
        "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

With the first episode only days away I have added SPOILERS to the title. That way we can discuss it all until our hearts content.......unless of course it's already been frozen.
          The Red Room
          https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
            On monday this week I started re-watching from the very beginning!
            I just finished episode 6 of the first season.
            Only 61 episodes to go before april 14...
            Yesterday I watched the last episode of Season 7 so now I'm ready for Season 8! I could have finished earlier,
            like a week or so ago, but I dragged out on it a bit so I wouldn't have such a big gap between when I was finished
            and the new season starts. I have also watched many of the "Histories and Lore" extras but now for all seasons,
            I'll catch up during next week.

Bring on Season 8!

Comment

Do you have HBO Nordic, Gwindor?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                Do you have HBO Nordic, Gwindor?
                Nope... I have a fried who has, Or I'll have to aquire the new episodes some other way...

Comment

Oh boy, I am quite excited! The funny thing is, I am also ready for it to end. The past seasons, I was always worried about favorite characters being killed off in some barbaric way (as most of them were), but now, I don't really care who bites the dust, I just want to see how the story ends. It feels liberating!

Oh also, I hope the White Walkers win!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    Oh boy, I am quite excited! The funny thing is, I am also ready for it to end. The past seasons, I was always worried about favorite characters being killed off in some barbaric way (as most of them were), but now, I don't really care who bites the dust, I just want to see how the story ends. It feels liberating!

Oh also, I hope the White Walkers win!
                    So who are you picking to be on the throne at the finish?

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

So who are you picking to be on the throne at the finish?
                      That is a tricky one. I would love to see the Night King get all of the way to King's Landing and shatter the throne, but I am sure that won't happen. I would hope to see Jon Snow on the throne, but GoT hates both me and the Stark family. Though, I have a sinking feeling that good ol Cersei will stay firmly planted on the throne.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

That is a tricky one. I would love to see the Night King get all of the way to King's Landing and shatter the throne, but I am sure that won't happen. I would hope to see Jon Snow on the throne, but GoT hates both me and the Stark family. Though, I have a sinking feeling that good ol Cersei will stay firmly planted on the throne.
                        Good ideas.

My money is on the dwarf.

Comment

What impressed me the most about the first episode was the new animated intro.

Comment

No elephants?

Why didn't they bring elephants? I bet they are good at dice as well

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

Good ideas.

My money is on the dwarf.
                              I can see that.

Loved that too!

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                              No elephants?

Why didn't they bring elephants? I bet they are good at dice as well
                              Just think of the fancy art the White Walkers could have made with elephants!

Comment

White Walker wall art. All the rage in modern fortresses you know, just keep away from naked flames

Are we going with 'it's based on the Targaryen sigil' ?

Comment

Yep a few new symbols, someones taken a bite out of the wall and we now have some inside scenery.

Well the first episode was pretty much stock standard as expected with trying to set everything up.

I'm guessing since episode 3 is the longest in the season we may have see some major action in that episode.

The beginning of the end as they say.
                                  Last edited by Red; 18th April 2019, 02:18.
                                  The Red Room

Comment

First episode was very strong I thought, really felt very filmic. Promising start, hopefully the rest follow suit.

You're all wrong about who wins. I end up on the Iron Throne. Thanks for watching.

;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	57363189_10156435594008049_6358112316180922368_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.6 KB ID:	143534

Comment

Jamie is that the iron throne in debrovnick we are going there in october

Comment

I enjoyed the second episode with everyone coming together and look forward to the next which should be EPIC.

The Red Room

Comment

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                                          Jamie is that the iron throne in debrovnick we are going there in october
                                          No, that's the real throne on-set. I was lucky enough to be a member of the Art Department on season 8.

Comment

Working...
                                          X