PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a good call, is the base made up of soldiers of the dead?

Comment

I've read in another forum that Hossein Diba (a 3D freelance sculptor) who has done some PRIME 1 statues ( WonderWoman 1/3 and 1/2, Aquaman and Geralt of Rivia) has published on his Facebook this image (maybe it means nothing...or maybe is the fith statue...we'll know):

Click image for larger version  Name:	16807298_417617955252013_6764564585792891401_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=979a0a8a23b3e16414cdc5d7604060c5&oe=5C3A4335.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	127616

Comment

Prime one pushes aside all competition when it comes to quality. I’m sure these lotr pieces will be the best on the market! I own their Geralt from the Witcher series and he is superb, and I have the Bloodborne hunter on the way. Prime one studios is knocking it out of the park with every release! I look forward to seeing their Sauron!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsay Bolton View Post
          Prime one pushes aside all competition when it comes to quality. I’m sure these lotr pieces will be the best on the market! I own their Geralt from the Witcher series and he is superb, and I have the Bloodborne hunter on the way. Prime one studios is knocking it out of the park with every release! I look forward to seeing their Sauron!
          I agree Ramsay, I also own their Geralt and it is my best statue (my first statue in 1:4) if the LOTR line will be in such quality it will the best without any flaws...

Comment

I'm afraid that I will not be able to say no to this line. I might be switching gears to Prime for a while. These pieces are going to be amazing.

Comment

Some of Prime1 1:4 statues are sold on sideshow for 750 usd. I would totally get that Gandalf for it. Not sure yet about the rest of the line given space is such a struggle and Prime1 bases are huge.

Comment

I'm going backwards and forwards on this: the quality seems insanely good but the prices and the size would mean cutting back from Weta.
                And maybe I'm just too overly loyal but no longer getting Weta statues feels weird.

I also don't know how well these Prime1's will fit in with what I got already cause I don't have any 1/4-scaled statues.

But how do you say no to the chance of finally getting the FOTR together? Cause with Aragorn and maybe Gandalf on the planning boards, surely they must be headed that way?

So round and round we go....

I guess the day one of those statues go up for sale will be the day that I decide

Comment

I'll be very excited to see what they do, but as I already have all these Weta statues, it's Weta I'll be sticking to! Plus Prime are bigger and more expensive, which means I can get more Weta, price and space wise.
                  Sure they'll be detailed, but the lure of buying from the company who worked on the film wins out.

Comment

Extremely happy to see movement by PRIME1 and concrete plans and speculations

Gandalf is not the statue I'm after, though, because frankly my Gandalf the Grey PF still takes my breath away but characters like Aragorn I will buy instantly

Finally some competition for Weta, maybe they will stop slacking and find their old self again, the one I was ready to throw money at
                    Last edited by Blue Book of Eastmarch; 9 September 2018, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                      Extremely happy to see movement by PRIME1 and concrete plans and speculations

Gandalf is not the statue I'm after, though, because frankly my Gandalf the Grey PF still takes my breath away but characters like Aragorn I will buy instantly

Finally some competition for Weta, maybe they will stop slacking and find their old self again, the one I was ready to throw money at

may that is what Weta needs some motivation.. seems lost these days

Comment

After getting my blood really flowing with adding Treebeard to my collection, I am now waiting to see what Prime brings to WF in February. I've wanted to add a 1/4 Berserker to my collection ever since I missed out on SS's PF all those years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                          After getting my blood really flowing with adding Treebeard to my collection, I am now waiting to see what Prime brings to WF in February. I've wanted to add a 1/4 Berserker to my collection ever since I missed out on SS's PF all those years ago.
                          If they are intelligent, they should add characters that have not yet been made on this scale, such as Gimli or Boromir and then enter characters already made on this scale.
                          It is clear that the quality of Prime is worthy of praise, but if they launch a Berserker that also have in the rearguard a character not yet made to 1: 4, and Boromir can be a sales success with the Community's clothing.
                          I'm sure we'll see a Sauron from Prime, but not everyone will go out and buy it because they may already be satisfied or happy with Sideshow.
                          For example, I did not launch it for Sauron's Sideshow Premium Format because my Weta I see it perfect, my collection is basically on a scale of 1: 6 but I also have a few statues at 1:4, but the Weta Sauron its pose I see it
                          perfect and very very iconic.

The competition is the best thing that can happen to the consumer, they make all the companies try their best within their possibilities, and in the end we are all benefited
                          Last edited by goldring; 27 October 2018, 19:55.

Comment

Not too long now, they will be revealing 5 statues at winter wonderfest in February, I’d like to see Gimli, he doesn’t get enough love!

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
                              Not too long now, they will be revealing 5 statues at winter wonderfest in February, I’d like to see Gimli, he doesn’t get enough love!
                              I agree with both of you, a 1/4 Gimli would be very welcome indeed.

Comment

So anyone heard anymore info on what we will see at WF? My excitement is really building for this line.

Comment

Gandalf and Gimli are top of list but as aforementioned the chance to build the fellowship in high detail is very tempting.

Comment

In the past how fast have these statues sold out? Do I need to be concerned that it'll go as fast as weta's treebeard?

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
                                      In the past how fast have these statues sold out? Do I need to be concerned that it'll go as fast as weta's treebeard?
                                      It can be the case. Specially if they release some nice limited Exclusives you dont want to miss. They will most likely do so.

Comment

Will these be available on Sideshows website or will you need to buy them directly through Prime's website?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                          Will these be available on Sideshows website or will you need to buy them directly through Prime's website?
                                          This I don't know, what I know is that either option is prohibitive for European customers who have to find a local retailer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X