X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingFool
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    Where is the best place for EU to buy P1 pieces?
    I ordered quite some statues and figues at La Cite in Belgium, they are reliable as far as I can tell. Haven't ordered any P1 yet though:

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/bouti...5#.XwL3COfgqUk

One thing I would def. recommend is their Membership Program. It's only 30 Euros per Year and you get 10% off anything

Leave a comment:

• Dave Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliperión View Post

I usually buy in "La Forja de Rivendell" in Spain ... For example, I put the link of the Sauron of Prime1...

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...statua-14.html
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Cliperión
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    I usually buy in "La Forja de Rivendell" in Spain ... For example, I put the link of the Sauron of Prime1...

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...statua-14.html

Leave a comment:

• Dave Mac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wiking
    replied
    THE DARK LORD SAURON EXCLUSIVE 1/4 LORD OF THE RINGS STATUE
    25,895.00 kr

Leave a comment:

• Stig
    replied
    Originally posted by wiking View Post
    I have found this one in Sweden, but ... I am not really sure

https://www.scifishop.se/butik/prime-1-studio/
    It's so wild seeing the prices in kroner.

Leave a comment:

• wiking
    replied
    I have found this one in Sweden, but ... I am not really sure

https://www.scifishop.se/butik/prime-1-studio/

Leave a comment:

• Plat
    replied
    They don´t have an european warehouse but you can order from many shops in europe,that is not a problem.
    A direct order will be to expensive.

Leave a comment:

• achtzehn99
    replied
    I have to say I'm very tempted by Gandalf vs. Balrog.
    Anyone ordered some prime1 statues before? Do they have warehouses in Europe ? Or don't you buy directly there ?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
    The movies were an artistic interpretation of the books, I am totally fine to own a piece that is an artistic interpretation of the movies. I am a happy owner of Smaug the golden which was Howe's interpretation of Smaug as not seen on movies. To be honest I believe BvsG dio is closer to Tolkien work than the movie. PJ balrog was too gigantic.

The dio does talk to me, the large chunk of Khazad Dum bridge with GTG on its prime moment and a Balrog on all its glory is all a die hard fan would want. The base is taller than some would like but it's an altar to greater things on the top, to my taste it could be taller and with more of the bridge. But it is probably enough of a $ sacrifice.... I hope i can afford.
    This!

Isn't it GREAT to have choices. To have new eyes looking at something old and making it into something new again. I get that this new perspective is not everyone's "cup of tea" but I'm so happy to even have chance to decide that something new is or isn't something I like or love. Vanilla is a great flavor of ice-cream but like it or not, isn't it great that someone came up with Rocky Road?

Vive la différence!

I already have in mind how I want to display the Balrog and Gandalf dio. Oh, I think it's going to make this even more epic than it already is!

Leave a comment:

• Anubis
    replied
    Yes well said indeed.

At the end of the day, Prime 1 are at least trying to do something different and original. Admittedly we’ve seen very similar Sauron, Lurtz and Berserker statues, but never an actual Balrog v Gandalf diorama, and Aragorn with the Army of the Dead may be divisive but it’s a very clever design and definitely different. The more choice the better!

Leave a comment:

• Mitheithel
    replied
    Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
    The movies were an artistic interpretation of the books, I am totally fine to own a piece that is an artistic interpretation of the movies. I am a happy owner of Smaug the golden which was Howe's interpretation of Smaug as not seen on movies. To be honest I believe BvsG dio is closer to Tolkien work than the movie. PJ balrog was too gigantic.

The dio does talk to me, the large chunk of Khazad Dum bridge with GTG on its prime moment and a Balrog on all its glory is all a die hard fan would want. The base is taller than some would like but it's an altar to greater things on the top, to my taste it could be taller and with more of the bridge. But it is probably enough of a $ sacrifice.... I hope i can afford.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• pocketreef
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Elessar
    replied
    Yeah those two look pretty badass.

Leave a comment:

• watcher
    replied
    Balrog and Gandalf its just fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• seregon13
    replied
    Pics by @Ihimces813 :

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied
    No falling asleep in your collection room is a very good policy to have

Leave a comment:

• Ithildin
    replied
    Very good points, Valar and Valkrist. Couldn't have said it better.

Personally I don't have a problem with mixing the two extremes, I think that it adds a lot of variety and depth to a collection. No driving down the highway at night falling asleep as the same white lines whip passed in your headlights, there is always something different popping up to keep your mind alert.

Leave a comment:

• Valar
    replied
    Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

It's kind of amazing how polarizing these bases are. You either love them or you hate them, doesn't seem to be much middle ground when it comes to Primes bases.
    It certainly seems that way! It's purely personal taste obviously, and I think the statues themselves are both top notch from either company.

My reasoning for the strong polarization when it comes to the bases is that Weta and Prime seem to have markedly different approaches.

Weta have always leaned towards the simpler, minimalistic "less is more" approach. I think this serves two purposes:

Firstly, the base doesn't distract from the statue, it's almost non-existent, making the statue the sole focus, which leads to the second purpose, bringing the viewer into the scene and the illusion that you're actually in Middle Earth. I think this becomes more apparent in the pieces where Weta have included some scenery. It's always very realistic scenery, as if they've actually grabbed the chunk of scenery the character is standing on, straight out of the scene, adding to the feel you're in the scene itself.

The contrast in style is really apparent here, when comparing the Lurtz bases from Weta and Prime:

Weta's scenic bases are solely focused on realism, whereas Prime tend to really jam pack as many elements as possible into each base, which is great value for money, and seems intended as a more extensive multi-element homage than an actual realistic scene itself.

Which brings us to Prime's trademark style, which is more a statement as a monument-style centrepiece sculpture, hugely impressive and demanding attention. Their bases seem to be an intentional feature, incorporated to be just as impressive as the statue itself.

So basically, Weta seem to be going for a more elegant "high art" feel, maybe to reflect the grace and characteristic English understatement apparent in Tolkien's works, whereas Prime's pieces tend to have that American Hollywood blockbuster "pull-out-all-the-stops/go-hard-or-go-home" feel, filled with a near-infinite amount of elements aimed to completely blow you away, and leave your jaw on the floor.

At least that's my take on things anyway. Two completely opposite styles!

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

At least Valar can finally acknowledge how wrong he was about the Balrog's scale. Just picture that Gandalf as being one of the 1:6 Weta pieces and think how big that Balrog would be by comparison.
    Yes you're right Val, hmmm... so instead of 3x Gandalf's height, he's 4x Gandalf's height here...

4 x 34cm = 136cm

So just a bit taller than Treebeard then!

You should know by now there's no chance of talking me out of it

Leave a comment:

• Idril
    replied
    I watched the video again and that base is starting to grow on me..... Maybe it was having it on mute and not being distracted by the ‘undead’ tag over and over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X