PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

The video confirms that I really like the piece. Enough that I’m even considering ordering it down the road. It just didn’t change my view of the screaming head. That being said I’d probably order the EX version of it. Might look better in person and if I ever had to sell it Ex tend to sell better.
    Yes, if you are picking something up, the EX is always the way to go. I hope you go for it, it's amazing!

Comment

Definitely feeling the standard will be the way to go for me. The screaming head looks possessed and the "focused" head looks constipated imo

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
        And the DX ordered!

Man, those prices in Europe really stink. Got my DX for $1,099.
        Where did you order from Ith?

Comment

I still think that Aragorn is a fantastic statue. The regular one, mind you, not the "Zombie Head Version".

My main issue now is the price, or to be more specific, the price and the timing of 3 awesome statues in a relatively short timespan.

If Prime 1 had decided to have release gaps of, say, 9 months in between releases, we'd have a chance to save up that extra money. Now with all 3 of those showstoppers (and more to come) to be released within 9 months, that is a very big hit on everyones bank account. Roughly 4.500 Euros for Sauron, Balrog and Aragon is painful.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post
            I still think that Aragorn is a fantastic statue. The regular one, mind you, not the "Zombie Head Version".

My main issue now is the price, or to be more specific, the price and the timing of 3 awesome statues in a relatively short timespan.

If Prime 1 had decided to have release gaps of, say, 9 months in between releases, we'd have a chance to save up that extra money. Now with all 3 of those showstoppers (and more to come) to be released within 9 months, that is a very big hit on everyones bank account. Roughly 4.500 Euros for Sauron, Balrog and Aragon is painful.

The European collectors are once again the disadvantaged 1100 $ vs 1550 € (1830 $) that is really very unfair,not with me again.

Comment

Blame your government for insisting on tax on everything from outside the EU. Or you could wish for a European company doing collectibles. But are there any? I don't know if Attakus even exist anymore.

Comment

No, it's the wholesalers because they have set the price so high it comes out the same when you order directly from Prime1.
                They get the money from us before it gets Prime1.

Comment

Yes, but they too have to pay tax on what they import from Prime1.

If they pay 700 + shipping for one Aragorn, they have to pay 19% or whatever VAT percentage of that amount. Then they add whatever they plan to profit of that.

We got one chain of stores who sell nerdy stuff like this (they rarely do huge things like this), but all in all, it is cheaper for me to buy directly from Weta - even with the added tax, fees and shipping, than what the local store sells it for.

Comment

A retailer has different and lower costs to bear than the end user, they have simply become too greedy.

Comment

sometimes the retailers cant go lower than suggested price unless it is something temporary like promotion, discounts... Otherwise nobody will buy directly.

Comment

https://youtu.be/THpevp4KB_s

ughh the statue looks very good xD photos don't do the justice. They sell also turn table that would look cool

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                          sometimes the retailers cant go lower than suggested price unless it is something temporary like promotion, discounts... Otherwise nobody will buy directly.
                          But I doubt Prime 1 suggest the price to be $1850 if they sell Aragorn DX for $1099 themselves. It does sound greedy.

Originally posted by Valheruerkan View Post
                          https://youtu.be/THpevp4KB_s

ughh the statue looks very good xD photos don't do the justice. They sell also turn table that would look cool
                          Do they sell the turntables? I would be more interested in that than the statue

Comment

I have been collecting for over 20 years and have been watching this sprawl lately, greed is there.
                            What Stig says is completely true.
                            I praise Weta for everything because that is from a single source and 100% of the money goes to this great company.

If Prime 1 only had one eu warehouse we would not be so battered.
                            Last edited by Plat; 8 August 2020, 06:45.

Comment

Yes, if you are picking something up, the EX is always the way to go. I hope you go for it, it's amazing!
                              Agreed 100%. It’s on the list of things I’d definitely like to try and get. Maybe if everything works .

Comment

Originally posted by Starcadian View Post

Where did you order from Ith?
                                I ordered mine from Secret Compass. They are in Colorado.

Comment

Valheruerkan - I think on the vid he does actually say they sell the turntables. However I don’t think it turns automatically. Someone got a really slow automatic turning one for Treebeard. That one would be the way to go. It apparently moves so slowly you hardly notice it is turning. Next time you look the statue has moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                    [...] Someone got a really slow automatic turning one for Treebeard. That one would be the way to go. It apparently moves so slowly you hardly notice it is turning. Next time you look the statue has moved.
                                    Perfect for a Weeping Angel statue

Comment

the price f P1 Aragorn makes Sauron seem like a bargain. I believe they messed up with pricing, its like 200-300usd more than it should. I find the whole ghostly thing too creepy in the movie so choosing that scene really drives me off of this statue. Aragorn himself looks stunning. I hope this line doesnt go too much into the creepy side of the movie as my preferred moments weren't those. The bloodbathed Uruk for example is way too violent and I am not sure if it would scare my kids or myself lol. As much as I love their Uruk I want to feel at peace in my collection. I have a strange feeling they will continue on the blood, monster, ghost thing which will make me an occasional buyer of things like their Balrog and Sauron. If they bring a battle damaged Gandalf I will be really as I was hoping for a large and awesome GTG.

Comment

If they bring a battle damaged Gandalf I will be really as I was hoping for a large and awesome GTG.
                                        There is no way they are not going to do a stand alone Gandalf. Just to iconic a character to pass up. Will I get? Unless it hits a moment in the films that is missing in my collection, like Aragorn did, most likely, not.

Comment

I ordered mine from Secret Compass. They are in Colorado.
                                          Really? The DX on Secret Compass shows me $1219

Comment

Working...
                                          X