PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, I think it’s a very cool statue. The base is something I’ve liked from the start and seeing more of that my opinion hasn’t changed. I think the likeness is ok. I don’t find it to be the best out there. I also am not a fan of the price on this one. While I can’t wait to get an order in on the Balrog statue and find the price fair for it. When I’m looking at getting the new Cave Troll and things like that Bilbo at Writing Desk. I think I will pass on this particular Aragorn.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
      Wow, shouting Aragorn looks evil!
      Looks like a vampire ready to bite

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

The EX (or, in this case, DeluXe) version has 3 swappable portraits (Shouting, Focused, Normal). I personally do not see any difference between the normal and the focused one though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pmlotr-03dx_a00_01.jpg Views:	37 Size:	379.5 KB ID:	189210
      Thank you! Much appreciated. Makes sense!
      Last edited by Alwayshappy; 6 August 2020, 04:52.

Comment

These 2 non-screaming heads have a split-hair difference but it does give a whole new emotion to it IMO. But even in the regular (Non-DX) face here I see determination and confidence and I don't see myself switching between them. They should've focused more on the screaming head instead of this overload of headsculpts. I don't know if at this point if they will redesign the screaming head though.
        Price might be higher than expected, but there are 3 other figures (even if halves) on the base including the KoD himself. If they light up that would've made all the difference. But I see no mention of lightup.
        But this is a great Viggo portrait no matter what many others seem to think. His likeness isn't captured easily. Even Weta used the actual face scan and adjusted the lip for the Amon Hen piece.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pmlotr-03dx_a14.jpg Views:	0 Size:	771.5 KB ID:	189259

But the screaming portrait isn't completely terrible too. At least from this angle it's pretty decent. But it's not exactly how Viggo opens the mouth in the scene. The mouth on this headsculpt is going towards the back too much. It should be going down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pmlotr-03dx_a00-00-07.jpg Views:	1 Size:	320.1 KB ID:	189262
        Click image for larger version  Name:	The Return Of The King.mkv_20200805_182336.323.jpg Views:	0 Size:	296.5 KB ID:	189264
        Last edited by RandyBaggins; 6 August 2020, 05:27.
        IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

I hope that Prime1 listen to the fans and change the screaming face portrait
          Last edited by Plat; 6 August 2020, 06:25.

Comment

Comment

Weta does it much better,

Comment

Can anyone see which mistake Weta mades?

Comment

Originally posted by MalgusPryme View Post
                  Can anyone see which mistake Weta mades?
                  Tell it us.
                  I have this statue and the portrait is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

Tell it us.
                    I have this statue and the portrait is great.
                    the eye color

Comment

Originally posted by MalgusPryme View Post

the eye color
                      I never noticed. The right colour should be greyish green, shouldn't it?

Comment

Prime one's Aragorn looks good but the face is a odd I think. But it's not easy to make him like viggo it's good that they have different head options

Comment

Yeah that screaming head is pretty awful. I wonder how many will now not bother with the EX.

Congrats to all getting it. I’m sure it will be great in any collection.

Comment

The nice is that the DX isnt a must so it is just fine to sit and wait for the discount. Not that I am planning on getting him.

Comment

Well, well ,well. It's $100 more than I though it would be and I am not in awe of the shouting portrait and the focused portrait is so close to the normal that I am going to be going for the standard version on this. I always order the EX if I can but this will be the first time that I actually chosen not to. This really is an incredible statue and I'm so glad to be adding it to my collection.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                  Well, well ,well. It's $100 more than I though it would be and I am not in awe of the shouting portrait and the focused portrait is so close to the normal that I am going to be going for the standard version on this. I always order the EX if I can but this will be the first time that I actually chosen not to. This really is an incredible statue and I'm so glad to be adding it to my collection.
                                  Ithildin, do you have your display set up? No pics to see?
                                  IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post

Ithildin, do you have your display set up? No pics to see?
                                    It is coming!

Comment

Well, that's a really interesting point. How do you display these statues the best way? Given their sizes you can't have them all on pedestals, unless you have some hallways to spare. And for the typical collector shelf (I'm looking at you, Ikea) they are way too big.

So, how do you plan to present them?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post
                                        Well, that's a really interesting point. How do you display these statues the best way? Given their sizes you can't have them all on pedestals, unless you have some hallways to spare. And for the typical collector shelf (I'm looking at you, Ikea) they are way too big.

So, how do you plan to present them?
                                        That is the biggest problems for me too.

Gandalf vs Balrog
                                        Sauron 1/4

Only the PAX can solve the problems.

Comment

I think custom units are a good way to go either making them yourself or having someone else make them. Some pieces now are a big investment and therefore time should be taken to protect that investment with a purpose built display area or cabinet. I am way behind in doing this but it is definitely on the agenda. Great to see the suggestions for suitable display options coming in

Comment

Working...
                                          X