PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Entrari View Post
    I wonder how the Balrog here compares with the weta one size wise. Seems to be not much bigger. If so then we’ll just be buying this for the base and the tiny Gandalf?
    Based on the dimensions I tried to put it together and this is what they would look like together (approximately). I believe the P1 Balrog is a bit bigger. and certainly a long overall piece. Also don't forget the whip option and the light up feature which would certainly make it way cooler. It's a shame the whip doesn't light up though. This is certainly a 2000 dollar statue if Weta made it, that's why I appreciate what P1 is doing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Balrog_comparison.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	188714
    IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post

Based on the dimensions I tried to put it together and this is what they would look like together (approximately). I believe the P1 Balrog is a bit bigger. and certainly a long overall piece. Also don't forget the whip option and the light up feature which would certainly make it way cooler. It's a shame the whip doesn't light up though. This is certainly a 2000 dollar statue if Weta made it, that's why I appreciate what P1 is doing.

Name:	Balrog_comparison.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	188714
      Exactly. Competition between companies will only benefit the collector as it gives us choice and forces the companies to come up with their best stuff.

Comment

Thanks for the effort so if that fits then the P1 Balrog is more bigger like a little bigger. I can not wait it is only 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
          Thanks for the effort so if that fits then the P1 Balrog is more bigger like a little bigger. I can not wait it is only 2 years!
          The overall piece is certainly bigger, but for example if you look at the two Balrog heads you can see we can't really say they are massively different in size. P1 has added a lot of muscle, as they did to their other pieces, so he's bulkier for sure.

Comment

From what I see I'm pretty sure that the fire is a separate piece that has to be put onto the Polystone. The fire sculpt is a huge piece so it would make sense to separate that from the already huge body to reduce box size. That would mean the lights will be accessible (hopefully), just in case.

Name:	106720360_3891492354198254_6071002146616700731_n.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	188749

Comment

I wonder when P1 is going to do their second wave of reveals?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                I wonder when P1 is going to do their second wave of reveals?
                Me too. I would love to see more of their Aragorn piece.

Especially the face.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Me too. I would love to see more of their Aragorn piece.

Especially the face.
                  Same, but from what I've seen already, it's a sure purchase for me. As amazing as Aragorn is, that base with the King of the Dead is just so much awesome. I really want to see Legolas and the Frodo and Gollum dio. Also, if they are going to surprise us with something new they haven't shown already.

Comment

Can't wait to see what Morgul Lord will look like. From what we've seen so far it can only be epic, with the flaming sword and the flail which might be switch-out pieces. I'm sure it will look like a hybrid between SSW and SS PF. Never liked the bent pose of the PF, and I never found the SSW at a nice price, so perhaps this is what it's all been for. I've seen this customized PF around which is pretty cool. Wish it would be kind of like that but also with movement and force.I'm sure the base will have a Rohan spear, Eowyn's broken shield and perhaps Herugrim or Theoden's shield by the way things are going.

Name:	5489804114_8eb3294f7f.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	188850

Comment

Fancy seeing my old friend here.

Comment

Is that Morgul Lord yours, Egel?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                          Is that Morgul Lord yours, Egel?
                          Used to be ya, although quite a couple years back now. Bought a Morgul Lord with extensive damage to both arms. Made contact with a well known statue repairer in my country. Instead of a repairing it to the original state, we opted for this pose. Not that it was my idea originally, I found a similar conversion online.

I sold him with my other PF's back in the day. When I made the swap to smaller scaled statues, this thing was massive heh. I much prefer the bust and mini lines now.

Comment

Originally posted by egel View Post

Used to be ya, although quite a couple years back now. Bought a Morgul Lord with extensive damage to both arms. Made contact with a well known statue repairer in my country. Instead of a repairing it to the original state, we opted for this pose. Not that it was my idea originally, I found a similar conversion online.

I sold him with my other PF's back in the day. When I made the swap to smaller scaled statues, this thing was massive heh. I much prefer the bust and mini lines now.
                            Nice! I think it's a far far greater pose than the original. Found the image on the web btw, I think MundoDVD.

Comment

I found out about Prime 1 couple weeks ago. I think their statues looks pretty good. Also that Balrog looks amazing. Are they using Polystones? How is the quality looking in person????

Comment

I saw your ML online egel , and seriously considered doing that mod to mine, didn’t have the guts in the end , was it Robbert that done it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
                                  I saw your ML online egel , and seriously considered doing that mod to mine, didn’t have the guts in the end , was it Robbert that done it for you?
                                  Bingo! It was him, yes. But be careful mentioning this project. It was almost traumatic, as it was so much work. I am not sure he would want to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by egel View Post

Bingo! It was him, yes. But be careful mentioning this project. It was almost traumatic, as it was so much work. I am not sure he would want to repeat it.
                                    I sold mine years ago so no danger there!, the reason I asked is he has agreed to paint some of my own work when it’s finished, talented guy!

Comment

A GRAIL!

Comment

Comment

Great video. Wow, what an impact it's going to make on a display room.

Comment

Working...
                                          X