PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping says € 41,- for me. But I am sure more taxes will be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by egel View Post
      Shipping says € 41,- for me. But I am sure more taxes will be involved.
      €41 is just a little bit more than what I pay for regular stuff from Weta's EU warehouse. A gigantic thing like this for fourthy Euro sounds like a steal

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

€41 is just a little bit more than what I pay for regular stuff from Weta's EU warehouse. A gigantic thing like this for fourthy Euro sounds like a steal
        You know that old saying about things that seem too good to be true...

Comment

Be careful with those shipping quotes!

When I ordered my Treebeard from the US, the shipping was quoted as US$250 which I thought was a lot, but it was a large statue, so I placed the order.

When it came time to ship, it was increased to US$750

Apparently the statue came in two boxes and was larger than they had realised.

Comment

Yeah, they even state that they didn't know the actual size and weight of the item at the time. So the shipping is surely far more expensive.

Comment

Yes figured as much. No worries though, no way i can afford this.

Comment

I am so tempted that I even contacted P1 for this. They send me some links to europe distributors and said they are investigating more reasonable shipping options to overseas for direct orders.

I am thinking now regular edition and commissioned whip... but not ordering quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MTT View Post
                  I am so tempted that I even contacted P1 for this. They send me some links to europe distributors and said they are investigating more reasonable shipping options to overseas for direct orders.

I am thinking now regular edition and commissioned whip... but not ordering quite yet.
                  I hope so because direct orders with a shipping tag of $800 is pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post

I hope so because direct orders with a shipping tag of $800 is pretty crazy.
                    It's steep. But the box is probably huge. If I were to ship something this big from me to somewhere else in Norway (not even leaving the country), I would have to pay for it to be shipped on a pallet and would pay around $400 in shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

It's steep. But the box is probably huge. If I were to ship something this big from me to somewhere else in Norway (not even leaving the country), I would have to pay for it to be shipped on a pallet and would pay around $400 in shipping.
                      Agree... however if they can somehow find cheaper shipping rates I would rather buy directly from Prime 1. If they can’t (which I’d understand) then I would have to consider buying from a retailer and pay a third of the cost or half the cost when it comes to shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post

Agree... however if they can somehow find cheaper shipping rates I would rather buy directly from Prime 1. If they can’t (which I’d understand) then I would have to consider buying from a retailer and pay a third of the cost or half the cost when it comes to shipping.
                        Absolutely, and if you should be so lucky to find something locally you even skip the import tax and brokerage fee too.

Comment

They we’re talking about getting an EU warehouse a few months back , maybe that’s been scrapped

Comment

Wow. I never expected to be saying this, but so far I'm kinda disappointed with Prime1's LOTR pieces.

In my opinion they do these unnecessarily large molehill bases that don't really add anything to the overall piece except raise the statue and the price by about 30%. To me the pose of their Sauron seems a bit over the top, a little too 'Japanese' with the wide stance and the look-at-me-I'm-evil thing he's got going on. It's Lord of the Rings, not Dragonball Z. I'm not feeling it.

The concept of the Balrog on the bridge with Gandalf is amazing. But again with the super large base (with Dwarven 'architecture' on the sides that I'm pretty sure is not part of the actual scene/environment - unless Mary Maclachlan didn't know what she was doing back in the SSW days). And where's the Glamdring scabbard on Gandalf? And why do the dorsal flames on the Balrog look so plasticy and smooth? I don't get it. Being Prime1 I guess I just expected their stuff would be, I don't know, better.

Apologies for the little rant. I'll go now.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Hey, its cool. Different tastes and all that. Think of all the $$$ you save! Or spend on Weta stuff instead, never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post
                                Wow. I never expected to be saying this, but so far I'm kinda disappointed with Prime1's LOTR pieces.

In my opinion they do these unnecessarily large molehill bases that don't really add anything to the overall piece except raise the statue and the price by about 30%. To me the pose of their Sauron seems a bit over the top, a little too 'Japanese' with the wide stance and the look-at-me-I'm-evil thing he's got going on. It's Lord of the Rings, not Dragonball Z. I'm not feeling it.

The concept of the Balrog on the bridge with Gandalf is amazing. But again with the super large base (with Dwarven 'architecture' on the sides that I'm pretty sure is not part of the actual scene/environment - unless Mary Maclachlan didn't know what she was doing back in the SSW days). And where's the Glamdring scabbard on Gandalf? And why do the dorsal flames on the Balrog look so plasticy and smooth? I don't get it. Being Prime1 I guess I just expected their stuff would be, I don't know, better.

Enjoyed your opinions of the Prime 1 LOTR offering so far. I can totally understand how you feel. Prime really doesn't leave much middle ground do they? You either are in love with them or your not. Luckily for me, I'm in complete love with them and think they are brilliant. I can't wait to see what Legolas and the Frodo and Gollum dio look like. I'm waiting for Aragorn and Uruk-hai Berserker to PO as they are definite buys for me.

I would love to know if they are going to be doing a Cave troll and I'm hoping to see them do Gimli. A 1/4 Gimli has never been done and I wants one badly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Enjoyed your opinions of the Prime 1 LOTR offering so far. I can totally understand how you feel. Prime really doesn't leave much middle ground do they? You either are in love with them or your not. Luckily for me, I'm in complete love with them and think they are brilliant.
                                  Right there with you.

Comment

Also in agreement with Ithildin . Besides, either you are looking for complete screen accuracy, where we would end up with a piece of bare rock from Khazad-dum as the base or get a stylized approach where the base is also a work of art that adds to the piece. I go with the latter. Sure some things are oversights on their part, like the missing scabbard and belt of Gandalf or Lurtz's boots but I would hope they listen to the fans and fix them as they go along. (Just like the high Elven helm from the Berserker's base from the initial teaser). I love all the revealed pieces so far because they seem to bring back what Sideshow did early on, show a moment in the story but also capture the essence of the character. Aragorn in particular has been done justice at last.
                                    As somebody previously said we are so used to Weta's prices, we are completely caught by surprise at what we are getting from P1 for what we pay.
                                    IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

Right there with you.
                                      Me too. I have Sauron on order and due to money, if Weta don't show anything I'm after in the next week or so, then P1's Balrog will be mine as well.

Originally posted by DD View Post

Yes the Balrog base might not be 100% screen accurate, but would you rather a blank rock face? Not me. I don't think it's overkill, I think it's adding interest to a base that would be boring otherwise.

Admittedly the Berserker base for example might be a little much with all the swords on the base, but Sauron I politely disagree. It's meant to be a centrepiece, and it completely does that. I don't even think it's that over the top. It's him stood, raising this hand. Hardly releasing a Kamehameha. ?? It's going to be epic.

Comment

Every time I watch that new Prime 1 video with the Aragorn and Balrog reveals, I can't stop taking my eyes off of the Sauron statue in the background. I don't think that epic is a strong enough word for how terrific it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post

Admittedly the Berserker base for example might be a little much with all the swords on the base, but Sauron I politely disagree. It's meant to be a centrepiece, and it completely does that. I don't even think it's that over the top. It's him stood, raising this hand. Hardly releasing a Kamehameha. ?? It's going to be epic.
                                          What appeals very strongly to me about the Berserker is that base and the battle flag behind the figure. I also have ordered Sauron as well as the Balrog diorama. I agree that this line is going to be epic.

Comment

Working...
                                          X