PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having seen so much footage of it, I may need it.

Was almost hoping it would look worse (but not really), so I wouldn't be tempted. But even if I don't end up buying it, I certainly hope everyone who does enjoys it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
      Yes, but Plat, the Weta balrog is standing in front of the base from Prime1
      Comparing just the balrog, the two look about the same size, definately bigger than the SSW original though.
      I think when I look at the proportions that the P1 Balrog is bigger than our Weta Bali. Not a lot but noticeably, we will all see the difference in only 2 or more years.

Comment

'"Only"

Comment

WETA Balrog is 52 cms high. PRIME 1 is near 80 cms. The base is easily 30-35 cms high....the PRIME 1 Balrog is 45-50 cms. It's not bigger than the WETA one (I think it's smaller, but we'll see).

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
            '"Only"
            Release dates are like ansurprise egg

@Ballder

You shouldn't forget that P1 shows the Balrog in a stooped posture, size doesn't just have something to do with the height.

The picture is not a reference either, as I said it is only a guess, we will see it sometime .
            Last edited by Plat; 16 July 2020, 08:31.

Comment

IMO both Prime Balrog and Weta « demon of the shadow and flame » are really really and really close in size and scale.
              Like Ithildin and Balider guess I also put that Balrog around 50 cm and both have almost the same depth if you remove the bridge with Gandalf.
              Even the weight of these Balrogs would be similar I believe, Weta’s is 15kg including the base, Prime is 35kg incl the massive base.
              The poses are not exactly the same but similar so there will be of few millimeters of difference to me.

Comment

Guys, guys... it's not the size of your Balrog that matters, it's how you display him.

Comment

It’s all about the girth.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post
                    It’s all about the girth.....
                    My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Yes but girth without size means that it will be lost in all that shadow and flame.
                      Last edited by Ithildin; 16 July 2020, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                        It's anyone's guess what Weta is up to, really, but the current mini line has been about as eclectic as it gets, and doesn't seem to be following any particular rules other than the fact that they are small and affordable... for now.
                        Pretty sure the license is on height of the statue itself for the mini line. So maximum height is to be less than..... 8? Or 10”. I don’t remember which. No scale or posture is involved.

Interesting discussion on the Balrog size. I’ll be interested to see all 3 together at a friends house. In a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post

Pretty sure the license is on height of the statue itself for the mini line. So maximum height is to be less than..... 8? Or 10”. I don’t remember which. No scale or posture is involved.

Interesting discussion on the Balrog size. I’ll be interested to see all 3 together at a friends house. In a year or two.

yes i remember it was something like 15 cm (~ 6 inches) for the height...here is an old message from Tim

Currently our LOTR license limits us to creating characters which are less than 16cm

Maybe Weta have upgraded that licence limits because the last minis Dwarf miner and Saruman are close to 20 cm....

Comment

Originally posted by seregon13 View Post

yes i remember it was something like 15 cm (~ 6 inches) for the height...here is an old message from Tim

Currently our LOTR license limits us to creating characters which are less than 16cm

Maybe Weta have upgraded that licence limits because the last minis Dwarf miner and Saruman are close to 20 cm....
                            That's inflation for you. Like the prices, they keep creeping up

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                Would be cool if the whip also lit up like the sword, but I suppose most of the time the lighting won’t be turned on anyway. Tough choice, only a bit more for the EX
                                Looking at the still pics, I could swear even the whip lights up.
                                Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

UPDATE

The REG and EX versions are now avialable on Darkside Collectibles

- REG € 1.609,00 incl. shipping
                                  - EX € 1.759,00 incl. shipping

Check this: https://darksidetoy.com/shopbytype/s...keyword=balrog

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Looking at the still pics, I could swear even the whip lights up.
                                    Yes but I think that’s because most of the still pics seem to be digitally enhanced, or have some additional lighting, the actual product will look like the video footage. The backlighting makes it look like the whip lights up, but it’s clearly not ablaze like the sword.

Might be worth checking with Prime if the light up feature is important to you!

Unless it’s specifically stated in the description then I would assume it doesn’t light up. The descriptions in these kind of products tend to list all the features quite specifically.

So that means the flames on his back, face, and sword definitely light up, as listed. But the whip, and the flames on top of the wings, don’t light up

Something to consider I suppose, but of course if the light up function will rarely be used then it’s not really a factor, as it looks awesome just as it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Marda7 View Post
                                      UPDATE

The REG and EX versions are now avialable on Darkside Collectibles

- REG € 1.609,00 incl. shipping
                                      - EX € 1.759,00 incl. shipping

Check this: https://darksidetoy.com/shopbytype/s...keyword=balrog
                                      Poatage options to northern europe: 466 EUR or 2700 EUR

Comment

Originally posted by MTT View Post

Poatage options to northern europe: 466 EUR or 2700 EUR
                                        These were the prices of shipping to Sweden. Not bad at all. But I doubt that these are the final charges, as it seems like they haven't updated the shipping estimate to the final weight and size.

UPS Standard
                                        (Fee 49,17 €)

UPS Saver
                                        (Fee 282,32 €)
                                        Last edited by Valarauco; 16 July 2020, 22:29.

Comment

"bulky goods surcharge" and 2022 Brexit?

Comment

Working...
                                          X