Celeborn
    Lindir
    Hama
    Numenorean Soldier
    Haradrim Soldier (properly done)
    Dunlending Soldier
    Battle Troll of Mordor
    Gwaihir

And just to make FrodoEyes smile, Tom Bombadil.

And just to make Idril smile, Glorfindel.

And just to make me smile, Anarion.

Comment

Great list and to make me smile, Deagol

Comment

Has anyone ordered from an EU supplier? I have seen it advertised for €1550 (euro) + €90 shipping , that's for regular. Is it cheaper anywhere else? ????

Comment

Almost the same price range for the regular

Bunker158 sell it for 1499,don t know about shipping.
          Sharpedge price is 1599, free shipping in France.
          PO open till sept 2020 so i think we have time to think unless price will vary?

I am waiting for the EX price here but I fear it will be around 1900-2000 at least like the other EU shops.
          Last edited by seregon13; 15 July 2020, 18:24.

Comment

Would be cool if the whip also lit up like the sword, but I suppose most of the time the lighting won’t be turned on anyway. Tough choice, only a bit more for the EX

I just saw the actor who plays Butterbur last night in an episode of Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
              Would be cool if the whip also lit up like the sword, but I suppose most of the time the lighting won’t be turned on anyway. Tough choice, only a bit more for the EX

I just saw the actor who plays Butterbur last night in an episode of Xena
              It seems P1 is manufacturing the prices for EX to be higher. At least that is the effect.

Shops can have 1 ex if buying 2 regular. Meaning one can't quarantee for the Ex, except if willing to pay a lot more. One could get regular from a europe reseller for appr 1500-1700 euros.

Direct ordering is no no as all cost to europe together would be appr something like 2500 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

It won’t be complete until we also get Denethor, a Gondor soldier, a fountain guard, the rest of the last alliance statues... then you could argue a case for Skully the orc lieutenant, Gorbag, Shagrat, Snaga, Sharku.....
                You are right. Though none of them I want in my collection. But a fountain guard would look great for sure.
                IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Decisions, decisions

On the plus side there will be time to pay it off all going well

Comment

I was wondering is the Balrog in this diorama same size as any Weta version? Thinking about the size of the display.

Comment

Originally posted by MTT View Post
                      I was wondering is the Balrog in this diorama same size as any Weta version? Thinking about the size of the display.
                      The base makes a massive difference in displaying this piece. The Balrog himself honestly doesn’t look that much bigger than the Original Balrog from SSW. I’m sure it’s some bigger but doesn’t look to be massively bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by MTT View Post
                        A LITTLE BIT!

Comment

Yes, but Plat, the Weta balrog is standing in front of the base from Prime1
                          Comparing just the balrog, the two look about the same size, definately bigger than the SSW original though.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

And...

Pippin in Fellowship attire
                            Barliman Butterbur
                            Rosie Cotton
                            Cirdan
                            Celeborn
                            Lindir
                            Hama
                            Numenorean Soldier
                            Haradrim Soldier (properly done)
                            Dunlending Soldier
                            Battle Troll of Mordor
                            Gwaihir

And just to make FrodoEyes smile, Tom Bombadil.

And just to make Idril smile, Glorfindel.

And just to make me smile, Anarion.

Haha, dare to dream but I'll dream right along with you. These types of characters flesh out the story and would add real depth to a collectors display but alas, why make Rosie Cotton when we can have Prancing Pony Aragorn, Amon Hen Aragorn, Balin's tomb Aragorn, Pooping in the Woods Aragorn, Lothlorien Aragorn, Helms Deep Aragorn, Pelennor Fields Aragorn, Black Gate Aragorn and Crowned King Aragorn. Now multiply that by Gandalf, Legolas, Gollum and Saruman and there will be little room for making these "less worthy" characters. Honestly, I'm still shocked that Weta even made Gamling and Grish.

At this point I have given up on seeing most of these in 1/6. The best I can hope for is that we will maybe see them in the new 1/10 scale poly that Weta just showed us but they started that line out with Saruman so my hope is not a big one even here.

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                            Thanks for the info guys

Decisions, decisions

On the plus side there will be time to pay it off all going well
                            Good luck Dave on deciding. I always go for the EX even though I might not display it with the EX add-ons. I do for two reasons, it gives me options to change it in the future and I think that resale value it higher with EX's. I'm lucky enough to have access to EX's at the same cost that the company that makes them is selling them for. If I had to pay hundreds more than that from a distributor, I would likely just get the regular version.

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

The base makes a massive difference in displaying this piece. The Balrog himself honestly doesn’t look that much bigger than the Original Balrog from SSW. I’m sure it’s some bigger but doesn’t look to be massively bigger.
                            I was doing some rough estimating and it looks like the Prime Balrog without the base comes in at around 19" tall and 19" wide. Putting him pretty close to the same height as Weta's.

Comment

What do you mean by ‘started out with Saruman’ Ith? Surely he’s part of the mini line, not a new line. Those are going to be revealed at Comic Con online.

Comment

What do you mean by ‘started out with Saruman’ Ith? Surely he’s part of the mini line, not a new line. Those are going to be revealed at Comic Con online.
                                Oh, is the mini line 1/10? My bad, I don't know why I was thinking that it was the start of a new line. I'll just check that up to old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                  I was doing some rough estimating and it looks like the Prime Balrog without the base comes in at around 19" tall and 19" wide. Putting him pretty close to the same height as Weta's.
                                  Maybe. I personally don't think he's as big as Weta's solo Balrog. That thing by itself is huge and putting that in a massive base I would think would be pretty crazy. He may not be the same size as the Original Balrog but looking at it I think it's closer to that. Maybe someone can get Prime to send us the exact height of the Balrog.

Edit: So the original Balrog is 13.5” (inches) tall. The Weta solo Balrog is roughly 20” (inches) tall. The Prime 1 including the base is 31” (inches) tall. So I’m thinking (dangerous I know ) He’s definitely in between the two pieces in size. Probably in the area of like 15-16”(inches) tall. Does it matter? Not at all. Why? Because I want to own this badass piece.

I didn't notice the 360 video they had up for it. Just saw it as I was looking at the product page again.

Last edited by Elessar; 16 July 2020, 05:40.

Comment

That 360 vid is terrific. What a centerpiece this going to be in anyone's collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                      That 360 vid is terrific. What a centerpiece this going to be in anyone's collection.
                                      Yeah that’s awesome. Don’t know if they just added it or not but I figured I’d share either way. I agree. Like I said in my edit in my previous post I want to own this piece. It’s something I want in my collection.

Comment

Well, Ith does have something of a point. Wasn't the 1/10 mini line originally restricted by the height of the statue, which is the reason all the original characters were seated? Was this a fact that Weta confirmed at one point, or was it something people just assumed based on the pattern they were seeing? Even early on, the rules were applied loosely because while Gollum was along those similar size dimensions as a sculpture, he was definitely a lot bigger than 1/10 (just compare him with the later Frodo, Sam, and Bilbo).

It's figures like the Ringwraith, Moria Goblin, and Dwarf Miner that started to blur the lines of dimensions and confuse things. They were not seated figures, for one. Then we got things like Smaug and Gandalf on Gwaihir, which further threw the supposed 1/10 scale into disarray. The new Saruman seems to be a return to normalcy, but he too is standing, so that could truly open the door for a new line of minor characters in that pose and scale, like Ith suggested.

It's anyone's guess what Weta is up to, really, but the current mini line has been about as eclectic as it gets, and doesn't seem to be following any particular rules other than the fact that they are small and affordable... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

A LITTLE BIT!

WOW! Prime1 Balrog looks Huge besides Weta´s!

Sure, the stand does add up, but just by comparing the heads it sure does looks a lot bigger. that is of course if the dimensions of both Balrogs are accurate of course!

Comment

Working...
                                          X