PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
    I never owned a Prime1 piece and I am super curious to witness the quality people talk about. I have a Shadow and Flame balrog from Weta but the paint was so sloppy I got a black pen to improve the fire delimitations. I learned to love its imperfections The little belly, unexciting base, I even got him a proper weapon, a whip. I may never sell it, I will wait for P1 arrival in 2027 to decide (if I'm still alive).

I can understand your disappointment, golden flames on a balrog have also confused me, even a bluish shimmer does not quite fit in. Big Balrog is still the best so far.

As soon as P1 Balrog comes I will sell the Weta Balrog incl. cutom whips.

Comment

I am seriously considering buying the Balrog diorama ... It is really incredible ..

I do not own any Prime1 figure, and I would like to check if the quality of its pieces is so good ...

I have in my collection, the Balrog with whip by Sideshow-Weta and I consider it the best piece and the best Balrog in my opnion ... but The balrog is an amazing creature ... And this diorama, would be a Grail in any collection ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliperión View Post
        I am seriously considering buying the Balrog diorama ... It is really incredible ..

I do not own any Prime1 figure, and I would like to check if the quality of its pieces is so good ...

I have in my collection, the Balrog with whip by Sideshow-Weta and I consider it the best piece and the best Balrog in my opnion ... but The balrog is an amazing creature ... And this diorama, would be a Grail in any collection ...
        I’ve seen some of their protos at Comic-Con and they look awesome. So I’m sure this will as well. Like you I also have the original Balrog but am very much likely to get this. Why? Because it looks pretty dang awesome. I agree it has the potential to be a grail in any collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliperión View Post

I am very sure that it will be better than that of Weta. Unfortunately, Weta has not put much effort into this Balrog.

Comment

I don't think anyone will regret picking this up. One of the best moments in cinema. Even a person with little interest in the LOTR will know this scene and be blown away by it when they saw it. Get the EX while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

I am very sure that it will be better than that of Weta. Unfortunately, Weta has not put much effort into this Balrog.
              I had the new Balrog from weta, and it is a good figure, but the painting could be better ... Personally, I decided to sell it ..

However, the ancient Balrog from Sideshow-Weta is amazing and the painting is perfect ...

I hope that this new Diorama is as incredible as the old Balrog with a whip.. Everything makes me think that it will be an epic piece ...

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
              Get the EX while you can.

I agree .. if I finally decide to buy it, it will definitely be the exclusive one
              Last edited by Cliperión; 13 July 2020, 06:48.

Comment

That’s unfair on Weta. Blame the factory that did the paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

and the factory would tell you to blame the individual worker...... so where does responsibility for the product you release and sell under the company name begin and leave off?

To be brutally honest, I do not want to hear stories that the line worker who installed my front seat was having a bad day after I shelled out 35 grand for a new car. I hold the company who has their name on the side of the car responsible.

And the same is true with WETA or Iron Studios or PRIME 1.

Comment

I can’t say I agree with that. Speaking of the large one they did solo it’s very well done, IMO. I’m not sure what you mean by didn’t put much effort into it. Looking at mine I personally see all kinds of effort put into it.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Or maybe the Weta QC representative that looked at them at the factory and gave them the green light?

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

I can’t say I agree with that. Speaking of the large one they did solo it’s very well done, IMO. I’m not sure what you mean by didn’t put much effort into it. Looking at mine I personally see all kinds of effort put into it.

Golden flames, blue shimmer on his body,that doesn't go well with any Balrog, the painting in general is not good in my opinion.The Sideshow/Weta Balrog shows how it could have been better.

FrodoEyes

Why unfair, every manufacturer is responsible for his own products, from planning to delivery to the customer and this also applies to the manufacturing process.
                        Last edited by Plat; 13 July 2020, 17:39.

Comment

Golden flames, blue shimmer on his body,that doesn't go well with any Balrog, the painting in general is not good in my opinion.The Sideshow/Weta Balrog shows how it could have been better.
                          I guess I don’t view the gold that’s mixed in as an issue and I don’t think it has a blue shimmer. So I can’t say I agree on these points. I agree though the Daddy Rog is pretty darn cool though.

Comment

my Weta Balrog is flat black, no blue. I am ok with the tint of golden on flames, what i didnt like was the orange paint where there isnt flame.

Comment

In the German shops the Exclusive costs 500€ more. However, the poses of Balrog and Gandalf in the Regular Edition are like in the movie. I'm still deciding which one it should be for me.
                              When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                my Weta Balrog is flat black, no blue. I am ok with the tint of golden on flames, what i didnt like was the orange paint where there isnt flame.
                                Mine really has a slight blue shimmer, I am not yet colorblink.

Either a Weta MC Balrog or the Prime 1 Balrog will replace him.

Comment

Mine really has a slight blue shimmer
                                  Yeah, mine also had a bit of a blue glow ... I really didn't care about that, but the cracks in the body or the end of the crest of fire, could be better painted ...

In that aspect, it's better painted , even Sideshow-weta's small balrog in my opinion ..

It's a good piece, but the old sideshow-weta Balrog and this new diorama are on another level...

Comment

The reference Balrog!

Comment

Maybe I'm in the small minority here, but I love my Weta Balrog! I love the pose and the paint job doesn't bother me at all. Body is pitch black and I don't mind the gold flame highlights, in fact I have grown to like them. Prime 1 Balrog is obviously awesome too, except I'm not a fan of how they did the whip at all. Looks like a limp noodle to me. But everyone has their own preference!

Comment

Originally posted by Starcadian View Post
                                        Maybe I'm in the small minority here, but I love my Weta Balrog! I love the pose and the paint job doesn't bother me at all. Body is pitch black and I don't mind the gold flame highlights, in fact I have grown to like them. Prime 1 Balrog is obviously awesome too, except I'm not a fan of how they did the whip at all. Looks like a limp noodle to me. But everyone has their own preference!
                                        You're certainly not alone, I love my Weta Balrog too! I love the pose, you just need to position it in the right way. I also love the paint job (no blue on mine as far as I can see!), the only thing is, there are some cracks that are black that could have been painted as red or whatever. I prefer sculpted flames - the OG SSW Balrog is the best for that of course, but I love my Balrog. If I'm honest, the Prime one looks a bit... I don't know - plastic-y? Cartoonish? Overall it is brilliant of course.

Comment

I love my Weta Balrog. I love my SSW Balrog. Assuming I am able to get this one. I’ll love it too.

Comment

Working...
                                          X