X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Est. Arrival:

Oct. 2021 - Jan. 2022

Comment

Unlike recent Weta pieces I find people embrace the P1 prices for the quality and size they are getting. They would never charge something like GoCart 2000 bucks. Every piece they've put out are simply breathtaking, bigger, heavier, detailed and 600 bucks cheaper. It's highly and near impossible that I'll afford one of them though, just because of the shipping cost, but still I think Weta should take a page out of their books in terms of what people expect in a statue. Weta has been taking it too slow and sloppy recently (with all the customer complaints I've been seeing around here) but I do have a brand loyalty to them, since they did indeed develop the creativity that other companies are now making money out of. I'm sure these thoughts have been said here before, I haven't checked the entire thread.
      I thought my Balrog (Demon of Shadow and Flame) was cool, but this thing just kicks its butt. Not generally a fan of Uruks or Orcs except Lurtz, so except for the Berserker I'd totally buy the rest announced so far if I could! (including the teased Frodo and Gollum piece)
      IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Price is on the low end of what I thought. So that’s a good thing. Depending on how things are when it goes up on SS site I’ll very much be considering getting this.

Comment

I will be getting this too, EX is a must IMO.
          I have POd Sauron on secretcompass, I will keep an eye on the US shop with most affordable shipping.

Now folks go to Prime1 and ask a second Gandalf in shallnotpass pose and Whip with lights although I have no clue how they will fit LEDs in it but I know hot toys is able to do it with even smaller light sabers so...

Now the wait and hope for their Smaug, light-up chest, Erebor columns, plenty of gold and badass boss pose pls.
          Last edited by pocketreef; 10 July 2020, 01:41.

Comment

Wow! Just what I thought that the price would be. Awesome!

So this begs the question, will Prime do a 1/4 Cave Troll?

Now that we see that Prime's pieces are consistently $600-700 cheaper than Weta's MC's, would it be worth a gamble to wait if Weta gives us a Cave Troll this year? I'm sorry but Prime is showing that they can give us huge, heavy, intricately detailed and beautiful statues for so much less than Weta. The dollar to value scale is just off the charts with Prime's LOTR offerings, it's really making me rethink staying with Weta. Weta really needs to do a lot of soul searching in regards to their pricing, in my opinion. Prime is showing that Weta's prices just are not realistic. When we see the price for Prime's Aragorn, I believe we are going to see the same the dollar to value gap between their line and Weta's 1/6 line.

Comment

As others have said, this shows how much Weta are over-charging for their pieces. Hopefully they take note...

Comment

WOW!!! What a price. Jumped on it at 6 AM. I previously ordered their Sauron and will also get Berserker if they are priced so reasonably. Certainly a lot of bang for your buck .

Comment

I admit to being truly tempted by the Gandalf vs. Balrog w/whip, even though I generally don't collect baddies. The scene is simply iconic. I'm a townhouse dweller, though, and already have my LOTR collection spread throughout the entire house. I'm also running out of room, so I marvel that some folks are able to manage any significant number of such large P1 pieces. My Treebeard an GoCart alone occupy an entire corner of my living room.
                  Oh, if only I had just one more room and a place to store boxes!
                  "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                  ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                    Wow! Just what I thought that the price would be. Awesome!

So this begs the question, will Prime do a 1/4 Cave Troll?

Now that we see that Prime's pieces are consistently $600-700 cheaper than Weta's MC's, would it be worth a gamble to wait if Weta gives us a Cave Troll this year? I'm sorry but Prime is showing that they can give us huge, heavy, intricately detailed and beautiful statues for so much less than Weta. The dollar to value scale is just off the charts with Prime's LOTR offerings, it's really making me rethink staying with Weta. Weta really needs to do a lot of soul searching in regards to their pricing, in my opinion. Prime is showing that Weta's prices just are not realistic. When we see the price for Prime's Aragorn, I believe we are going to see the same the dollar to value gap between their line and Weta's 1/6 line.
                    I’m thrilled this is on the low end and it looks to be very much worth it. So much so I’m very tempted to get it down the road when SS carries it and looking at their site they usually carry exclusives on other P1 pieces.

They might. I think this piece shows they won’t rule that out. That in and of itself won’t stop me from pulling the trigger on a Weta MC Cave Troll.

This piece right here is that’s true. Their other announced pieces are more inline with what I think compares to say SS or others 1:4 pieces. Don’t you think that’s a more fair comparison? I wouldn’t compare what Weta does by in large to what P1 is doing. I do think the dollar to value gap you mention is a personal thing though. Again don’t you think? For example I didn’t pass on the new Witch-king not because I didn’t like the price, but because I may want something coming out of Comic-Con more. Heck I may decide to get this instead

PS: I also like their Aragorn. Base and all. I could be tempted to get that down the road as well. Also please understand I’m not trying to be argumentative. :

Comment

Some informations about the prices of european shops?
                      Find nothing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

I’m thrilled this is on the low end and it looks to be very much worth it. So much so I’m very tempted to get it down the road when SS carries it and looking at their site they usually carry exclusives on other P1 pieces.

They might. I think this piece shows they won’t rule that out. That in and of itself won’t stop me from pulling the trigger on a Weta MC Cave Troll.

This piece right here is that’s true. Their other announced pieces are more inline with what I think compares to say SS or others 1:4 pieces. Don’t you think that’s a more fair comparison? I wouldn’t compare what Weta does by in large to what P1 is doing. I do think the dollar to value gap you mention is a personal thing though. Again don’t you think? For example I didn’t pass on the new Witch-king not because I didn’t like the price, but because I may want something coming out of Comic-Con more. Heck I may decide to get this instead

PS: I also like their Aragorn. Base and all. I could be tempted to get that down the road as well. Also please understand I’m not trying to be argumentative. :
                        Great to read your post Josh. I understand where you are coming from. I totally agree with you that the dollar to value gap is a very personal thing. I was merely speaking of my personal feelings rather than making a blanket statement for everyone. I should have been more clear on that. I'm sure that others would see it differently than me on this topic. To me, when I think of what Prime is going to be offering in regards to stand alone character pieces like Aragorn, Legolas and Lurtz, I think that the price is going to be around the $900 mark. For me, if that price is indeed true, I personally feel that the better value for my money is better spent on a 1/4 piece from Prime for another $300 or so, than going for a 1/6 piece from Weta. I just feel that Weta's prices are are getting very high for what you are getting. Again I'm sure someone else would totally disagree with my thoughts and that is perfectly fine.

I got my order in for the EX. Totally stoked about it!

Secret Compass Collectibles has it up for PO if you are in the US. Not sure how many he has alloted so who knows how long the EX's will last. Good luck.

Comment

Ok, I'm looking for options on how to order this BvG EX.

Josh, do we know that Sideshow will offer the EX version? I see at P1's website that the Sauron EX will be available at Sideshow.

Now, I checked BBTS, and previously, they had a pre-order sale for the Sauron EX, which, get this, qualified for a $4 flat shipping fee.

Has anyone here ordered any P1 EX from BBTS, where it was actually fulfilled or canceled? Granted, BBTS doesn't offer any payment plan . . .That flat shipping fee though is a killer.

I'm just looking at what I expect my order options are when BvG is available through BBTS or SS.
                          Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Great to read your post Josh. I understand where you are coming from. I totally agree with you that the dollar to value gap is a very personal thing. I was merely speaking of my personal feelings rather than making a blanket statement for everyone. I should have been more clear on that. I'm sure that others would see it differently than me on this topic. To me, when I think of what Prime is going to be offering in regards to stand alone character pieces like Aragorn, Legolas and Lurtz, I think that the price is going to be around the $900 mark. For me, if that price is indeed true, I personally feel that the better value for my money is better spent on a 1/4 piece from Prime for another $300 or so, than going for a 1/6 piece from Weta. I just feel that Weta's prices are are getting very high for what you are getting. Again I'm sure someone else would totally disagree with my thoughts and that is perfectly fine.

I got my order in for the EX. Totally stoked about it!

Secret Compass Collectibles has it up for PO if you are in the US. Not sure how many he has alloted so who knows how long the EX's will last. Good luck.
                            That’s fair. I can see where you’re coming from and support you on that line of thinking. As long as you’re feeling that what you’re spending is worth what you’re getting that’s all that matters.

Nice! I’m very much leaning towards getting this myself. It’s a pretty spectacular piece overall. I have a couple knits I’d mention in a review based on what I see but I do love it.

oh cool. I’m gonna hold out for SS. I’ll get some rewards points, help TORn via our affiliate link, and I’ll use the payment plan. I don’t blame you. This thing is badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Josh, do we know that Sideshow will offer the EX version? I see at P1's website that the Sauron EX will be available at Sideshow.

Now, I checked BBTS, and previously, they had a pre-order sale for the Sauron EX, which, get this, qualified for a $4 flat shipping fee.

Has anyone here ordered any P1 EX from BBTS, where it was actually fulfilled or canceled? Granted, BBTS doesn't offer any payment plan . . .That flat shipping fee though is a killer.

I'm just looking at what I expect my order options are when BvG is available through BBTS or SS.
                              I know they will be carrying them. They have exclusives of other P1 pieces so I’m going to assume they will have them of these LOTR pieces as well.

Comment

Specfiction now has the EX up as well. They are usually very good with shipping costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Didn't BBTS have Prime's Sauron EX up for $1,734.99? I got mine from Secret Compass for $1,399. So BBTS gives you a $4 flat shipping rate but you pay an extra $335.99 to get it? I'm sure my shipping from SC will be far less than the extra $335.99 that BBTS wanted you to pay. I'm sure that BBTS will inflate the price for BvG just as much. Go with SS or SC and pay for the actual shipping, that $4 flat shipping scam at BBTS will hurt.

That’s fair. I can see where you’re coming from and support you on that line of thinking. As long as you’re feeling that what you’re spending is worth what you’re getting that’s all that matters.

Nice! I’m very much leaning towards getting this myself. It’s a pretty spectacular piece overall. I have a couple knits I’d mention in a review based on what I see but I do love it.

oh cool. I’m gonna hold out for SS. I’ll get some rewards points, help TORn via our affiliate link, and I’ll use the payment plan. I don’t blame you. This thing is badass.
                                  I hope you do go for it Josh, it's just a freaking amazing statue!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that SS does indeed carry this for you.

OMG, those side shots!!

Comment

I hope you do go for it Josh, it's just a freaking amazing statue!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that SS does indeed carry this for you.

OMG, those side shots!!

It's looking more likely with the fact the MC piece is gonna be from The Hobbit. If the premium piece is the Cave Troll I'll get that but I don't think that will be MC prices thus leaving this a very good likelihood to be entering my collection. Thanks. I trust who told me so I'm counting them having it. So I'm excited to own this one because it looks amazing and is one of my all-time favorite scenes in cinema history.

Comment

So I'm excited to own this one because it looks amazing and is one of my all-time favorite scenes in cinema history.
                                      Oh yeah, it's epic! Almost 20 years old, I've seen it so many times I can't remember and the films are still #1 on my favorite list. I have seen a lot on new films since then but something tells me that for as long as I live, The LOTR films will be pure cinematic gold to me.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's epic! Almost 20 years old, I've seen it so many times I can't remember and the films are still #1 on my favorite list. I have seen a lot on new films since then but something tells me that for as long as I live, The LOTR films will be pure cinematic gold to me.
                                        Absolutely..... I honestly feel like a crazy person sometimes as it’s always my go to movies and never get tired of them! At the very least I feel like I watch one of the three once a month..... and in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post

Absolutely..... I honestly feel like a crazy person sometimes as it’s always my go to movies and never get tired of them! At the very least I feel like I watch one of the three once a month..... and in order.
                                          LOL, even sadder is that I still, I mean every time I see them, get weepy. Aragorn telling the hobbits that "My friends, you bow to no one" and they all bow to the hobbits. Frodo's face after they escape Moria and he thinks Gandalf is dead. Sam cradling Frodo on the slopes of Mount Doom and asking him "Do you remember the taste of strawberries?"

Damn it, I know they are coming and tell myself not to but do all the same. I'm hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                                          X