X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 pm JST. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

It’s only a pre-order, so as long as you can afford the deposit...

Knowing Prime1, you’ll have a loooooong time to save up for the rest!
      True.
      I just hope that a PO of Sauron last month and now THE DIO so soon after does NOT mean they will later be shipped around the same time, say January and February of 2022. And don't tell me Aragorn would be next, like March 2022. Then I'll be completely broke. And divorced

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

Es gibt viele deutsche Shops, die P1 führen, z. B. Toy-Palace.com oder space-figuren.de
        Sind aber nicht gerade günstig. Alternativ bei La Cite in Belgien, siehe mein Post zuvor.
        Ich danke dir ! Space-Figuren ist sogar bei mir um die Ecke. Da könnte ich hinfahren.

Thanks for all the answers!

Wow you're guessing the release will be in 2022 ?
        When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Comment

I think the price will be betweenn 2000 € -2500€

Comment

Between these P1 releases and the upcoming Weta reveals, I think credit cards around here are stampeding for the underground nuclear bunkers. In fact, is that an air raid siren I hear in the distance?

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
              Between these P1 releases and the upcoming Weta reveals, I think credit cards around here are stampeding for the underground nuclear bunkers. In fact, is that an air raid siren I hear in the distance?
              No lies detected. :

Comment

P1 tactically acted here very good, a few days before Weta will release his statues.
                Last edited by Plat; 7 July 2020, 06:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                  P1 tactically acted here very good, a few days before Weta will release his statues.
                  Tactically? Yes, this is sounding more and more like war games, with P1 claiming first strike. Get your helmets on, warning shots fired, ambassadors recalled, hostilities are about to flare up.

Comment

There's no need to rush with Prime 1 though, they're often available to order months after the pre-order has gone up.

Comment

I am sitting here on the sideline with my tin foil hat on, not being able to afford neither Prime 1 nor Weta

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow View Post
                        There's no need to rush with Prime 1 though, they're often available to order months after the pre-order has gone up.
                        True, but with the fear of sell-outs, and with such large prices that these pieces command nowadays, it does require serious financial planning to maneuver the minefield.

I don't recall reading it, but does P1 have set edition numbers upon pre-orders going up, or is the ES number determined by orders and then closed off, kinda like Weta did with Minas Morgul?

Comment

True, but with the fear of sell-outs, and with such large prices that these pieces command nowadays, it does require serious financial planning to maneuver the minefield.

I don't recall reading it, but does P1 have set edition numbers upon pre-orders going up, or is the ES number determined by orders and then closed off, kinda like Weta did with Minas Morgul?

I read exactly this assumption of some people, P1 has sales problems maybe there is something true.

Comment

That’s the good thing. I need to decide how my how much I want the Balrog and potentially Aragorn if and that’s a big if they’re affordable enough. I also need to see if SS will distribute them or not like they do some P1 pieces.

Comment

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned earlier but the pose is pretty much dead on 100% spot on as the JW Balrog print. Again, prime 1 used something as referance that has already been done in some way. Sneaky
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	be113243fc3e460b2361436db16baaa4.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	184155
                              My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

That’s the good thing. I need to decide how my how much I want the Balrog and potentially Aragorn if and that’s a big if they’re affordable enough. I also need to see if SS will distribute them or not like they do some P1 pieces.
                                Would SS, by distributing them, make them them the sole distributor in the USA, and more importantly, is there a discount by going through SS? Somehow Ialready know the answer to both my silly questions. The Sauron exclusive, if we convert the kroner to USD, racks up at $2700.

This BvG dio, if we want it close to what a Weta MC is, hopefully doesn't cost above $2500 (better if under $2000, but fat chance)
                                Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Would SS, by distributing them, make them them the sole distributor in the USA, and more importantly, is there a discount by going through SS? Somehow Ialready know the answer to both my silly questions. The Sauron exclusive, if we convert the kroner to USD, racks up at $2700.

This BvG dio, if we want it close to what a Weta MC is, hopefully doesn't cost above $2500 (better if under $2000, but fat chance)
                                  I don’t know about sole US distributor but I know they will be carrying them. I’d say best idea is to look at prices on SS site and compare them to what you’re seeing on Prime 1. Should give you an idea.

Comment

I can’t help wondering what the bridge span is made of. That guy in the vid patted it but I can’t believe it is solid polystone. The column neither - they would weigh too much to be shipped around affordably. I guess it is hollow but is it reinforced? Just curiosity cause I’m not getting it. But buyers wouldn’t want to be worried about it dropping in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                      I can’t help wondering what the bridge span is made of. That guy in the vid patted it but I can’t believe it is solid polystone. The column neither - they would weigh too much to be shipped around affordably. I guess it is hollow but is it reinforced? Just curiosity cause I’m not getting it. But buyers wouldn’t want to be worried about it dropping in the future.
                                      Is this part of a "I have a bridge to sell you if you are interested'?

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

Is this part of a "I have a bridge to sell you if you are interested'?
                                        Half a bridge in this case, which sounds even fishier than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

Tactically? Yes, this is sounding more and more like war games, with P1 claiming first strike. Get your helmets on, warning shots fired, ambassadors recalled, hostilities are about to flare up.
                                          Well, I wasn't expecting a PO so soon after the reveal. They showed The Uruk-hai berserker weeks ago and no PO for it yet.

I'm sure this is no coincidence. Looks like Prime just said "game on" in the high end "war of the ring" collectibles market. Definitely a smart move on their part soaking up some dollars that might have gone to Weta.

I really think this a healthy thing for both companies. It will make them both bring their "A" game and will make them price their pieces more competitively. A win/ win for the collector.

If you are interested in the standard versions, yes for sure you can wait. If you are interested in the EX versions I would not wait too long. For example, the distributor I purchased my Sauron from has the standard version still up for order but the EX has been sold through for a while now.

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

I don’t know about sole US distributor but I know they will be carrying them. I’d say best idea is to look at prices on SS site and compare them to what you’re seeing on Prime 1. Should give you an idea.
                                          Will they be carrying it? SS has yet to offer Prime's Sauron statue on it's site. I heard a rumor, maybe not true, that they had a bit of a falling out with Prime and some of the new items are not available on the SS site.

As far as the price goes I'm expecting this to come in around $1299 for the standard and $1399 for the EX.

Comment

Working...
                                          X