Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah those two look pretty badass.

Comment

The movies were an artistic interpretation of the books, I am totally fine to own a piece that is an artistic interpretation of the movies. I am a happy owner of Smaug the golden which was Howe's interpretation of Smaug as not seen on movies. To be honest I believe BvsG dio is closer to Tolkien work than the movie. PJ balrog was too gigantic.

The dio does talk to me, the large chunk of Khazad Dum bridge with GTG on its prime moment and a Balrog on all its glory is all a die hard fan would want. The base is taller than some would like but it's an altar to greater things on the top, to my taste it could be taller and with more of the bridge. But it is probably enough of a $ sacrifice.... I hope i can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
        The movies were an artistic interpretation of the books, I am totally fine to own a piece that is an artistic interpretation of the movies. I am a happy owner of Smaug the golden which was Howe's interpretation of Smaug as not seen on movies. To be honest I believe BvsG dio is closer to Tolkien work than the movie. PJ balrog was too gigantic.

The dio does talk to me, the large chunk of Khazad Dum bridge with GTG on its prime moment and a Balrog on all its glory is all a die hard fan would want. The base is taller than some would like but it's an altar to greater things on the top, to my taste it could be taller and with more of the bridge. But it is probably enough of a $ sacrifice.... I hope i can afford.
        Well said!

Comment

Yes well said indeed.

At the end of the day, Prime 1 are at least trying to do something different and original. Admittedly we’ve seen very similar Sauron, Lurtz and Berserker statues, but never an actual Balrog v Gandalf diorama, and Aragorn with the Army of the Dead may be divisive but it’s a very clever design and definitely different. The more choice the better!

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

This!

Isn't it GREAT to have choices. To have new eyes looking at something old and making it into something new again. I get that this new perspective is not everyone's "cup of tea" but I'm so happy to even have chance to decide that something new is or isn't something I like or love. Vanilla is a great flavor of ice-cream but like it or not, isn't it great that someone came up with Rocky Road?

Vive la différence!

I already have in mind how I want to display the Balrog and Gandalf dio. Oh, I think it's going to make this even more epic than it already is!

Comment

I have to say I'm very tempted by Gandalf vs. Balrog.
              Anyone ordered some prime1 statues before? Do they have warehouses in Europe ? Or don't you buy directly there ?

Thanks in advance
              When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Comment

They don´t have an european warehouse but you can order from many shops in europe,that is not a problem.
                A direct order will be to expensive.

Comment

I have found this one in Sweden, but ... I am not really sure

https://www.scifishop.se/butik/prime-1-studio/

Comment

Originally posted by wiking View Post
                    I have found this one in Sweden, but ... I am not really sure

https://www.scifishop.se/butik/prime-1-studio/
                    It's so wild seeing the prices in kroner.

Comment

THE DARK LORD SAURON EXCLUSIVE 1/4 LORD OF THE RINGS STATUE
                      25,895.00 kr

Comment

Where is the best place for EU to buy P1 pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                          I usually buy in "La Forja de Rivendell" in Spain ... For example, I put the link of the Sauron of Prime1...

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...statua-14.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cliperión View Post

I usually buy in "La Forja de Rivendell" in Spain ... For example, I put the link of the Sauron of Prime1...

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...statua-14.html
                            Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                              I ordered quite some statues and figues at La Cite in Belgium, they are reliable as far as I can tell. Haven't ordered any P1 yet though:

https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/bouti...5#.XwL3COfgqUk

One thing I would def. recommend is their Membership Program. It's only 30 Euros per Year and you get 10% off anything

Comment

Originally posted by achtzehn99 View Post
                                I have to say I'm very tempted by Gandalf vs. Balrog.
                                Anyone ordered some prime1 statues before? Do they have warehouses in Europe ? Or don't you buy directly there ?

Thanks in advance
                                Es gibt viele deutsche Shops, die P1 führen, z. B. Toy-Palace.com oder space-figuren.de
                                Sind aber nicht gerade günstig. Alternativ bei La Cite in Belgien, siehe mein Post zuvor.

Comment

German shop:
                                  bunker158.com

awesome service and damn good prices ;)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	107309067_3200397336673553_1204916873396493990_o (1).jpg
Views:	275
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	184088 Well, finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	107309067_3200397336673553_1204916873396493990_o (1).jpg
Views:	275
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	184088
                                      Ouch, that was quicker than expected. My wallet is so not ready...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

Ouch, that was quicker than expected. My wallet is so not ready...
                                          It’s only a pre-order, so as long as you can afford the deposit...

Knowing Prime1, you’ll have a loooooong time to save up for the rest!

Comment

Working...
                                          X