PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post

Yes. They seem cheap for their original asking price. Plus they both are about 3 times as big as Weta’s Dead Marshes for about half the price. Although obviously nowhere near as detailed and complicated as the DM. I wonder how much the new Boromir P1 will cost.
    I think it will be at least 100 to 150$ extra.
    I would only weaken once more should P1 release a single Nazgul or Witchking in true form but that's probably not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

I think it will be at least 100 to 150$ extra.
      I would only weaken once more should P1 release a single Nazgul or Witchking in true form but that's probably not going to happen.
      Maybe Dark Side. I’d rather buy from them a 1/4 scale character that P1 will probably never make like Gil-galad rather than waiting and hoping someday P1 might make them.

Comment

Maybe Dark Side. I’d rather buy from them a 1/4 scale character that P1 will probably never make like Gil-galad rather than waiting and hoping someday P1 might make them.
        Yes, that would be an option, time will tell.

Comment

It is the greed of the dealers here in europe that made me decide against the Witchking. The mighty Sauron EX cost me 1800 € and the puny Witchking Ultimate is supposed to cost 2300 €, which is ridiculous and cannot be justified by anything.
          yeah you are right. 2.300 or more its too much. still i had to pre order just to complete the set sauron/wicth king, but this prices are ridiculous.

For exemple the AOT P1 statue here cost more then 4500 (i didnt buy ofc) a diference of more then 2000 euros in P1 site, like i dont understand how they can push the prices so much and that statue are nothing special in size or weight so mind blowing.

I'm glad Prime 1 released Sauron as the first statue, I think it would easily cost 2500 € now, same goes for Gandalf vs Balrog Ex.
          i was thinking the samething, today Sauron and Bellrog propably would cost more then 2.800.

we idd got lucky to already have this in our homes., coz at this prices only very rich people can keep up, but its life i supose

Comment

It is the greed of the dealers here in europe that made me decide against the Witchking. The mighty Sauron EX cost me 1800 € and the puny Witchking Ultimate is supposed to cost 2300 €, which is ridiculous and cannot be justified by anything.
            Can you shop around in different stores/countries, or does everyone have the same price? I’m too lazy to look, but I wonder how much cheaper than Sauron the witch king is on the P1 website.

Comment

I wonder how much the new Boromir P1 will cost.
              I'm thinking $1000.

I'm looking at DS's 1/4 Gil-galad as well. I don't think that P1 will ever make one and I would love to have him in 1/4. I know he only got a second of screen time in the film, but he is an amazing character, and he is going to get a huge fleshing out in the new ROP series. So ya, I want him in my collection, and I want him in 1/4 scale. I've also have my eye on Elrond from them as well. I doubt very much that anyone else will either of those two in 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I'm thinking $1000.

I'm looking at DS's 1/4 Gil-galad as well. I don't think that P1 will ever make one and I would love to have him in 1/4. I know he only got a second of screen time in the film, but he is an amazing character, and he is going to get a huge fleshing out in the new ROP series. So ya, I want him in my collection, and I want him in 1/4 scale. I've also have my eye on Elrond from them as well. I doubt very much that anyone else will either of those two in 1/4.
                And the fact that both Gil-galads (show and movies) look so much alike is a plus in a way. As far as other 1/4 scales like Elrond and such for me will depend on pose etc but I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting a few of the DS 1/4 assuming they go through with their ambitious plans. I don’t think P1 will be releasing much more characters

Comment

Originally posted by TravellerAtoZ View Post

Can you shop around in different stores/countries, or does everyone have the same price? I’m too lazy to look, but I wonder how much cheaper than Sauron the witch king is on the P1 website.
                  The price is more or less the same with every EU store I checked. And I have to disagree with Plat on this, it is not solely out of greed from the dealers side.

In all fairness, look at a number of factors that have changed over the last 2 years:
                  • the Euro just tanked and is now amost 1:1 to the US Dollar. Back when Sauron went up for PO it was, what, 1,18 Dollar for 1 Euro?
                  • shipping rates exloded everywhere, thanks to Covid. And it is very expensive nowadays to ship 1 or 2 big and heavy boxes for a statue across the ocean
                  • inflation is on the rise, statues is not the only thing that increased drastically in price
                  • the Witch King is not the only statue that is now even more costly, look at the EU prices for Frodo & Gollum or Gimli, those also got raised substantially. Lucky those who preorded early
                  • the russian war in Ukraine brings a lot more uncertainty and fear to the world, especially here in Europe
                  So I guess for the time being the "new" prices will become the standard in the years to come, unfortunately. And to get back to the topic, is this Witch King worth 2.200+ Euros? Hell no, at least not for me. And I fear the worst for upcoming statues.

Comment

If you knew what the purchase price including all costs is, you would be amazed at what the dealer has to pay, but I won't want to tell .

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

The price is more or less the same with every EU store I checked. And I have to disagree with Plat on this, it is not solely out of greed from the dealers side.

In all fairness, look at a number of factors that have changed over the last 2 years:
                      • the Euro just tanked and is now amost 1:1 to the US Dollar. Back when Sauron went up for PO it was, what, 1,18 Dollar for 1 Euro?
                      • shipping rates exloded everywhere, thanks to Covid. And it is very expensive nowadays to ship 1 or 2 big and heavy boxes for a statue across the ocean
                      • inflation is on the rise, statues is not the only thing that increased drastically in price
                      • the Witch King is not the only statue that is now even more costly, look at the EU prices for Frodo & Gollum or Gimli, those also got raised substantially. Lucky those who preorded early
                      • the russian war in Ukraine brings a lot more uncertainty and fear to the world, especially here in Europe
                      So I guess for the time being the "new" prices will become the standard in the years to come, unfortunately. And to get back to the topic, is this Witch King worth 2.200+ Euros? Hell no, at least not for me. And I fear the worst for upcoming statues.
                      i agree, still i think P1 should control this prices, in every statue you will pay more then 1000 euros and in many cases 2.000 euros, its gueting almost impossible to buy P1 and for what i can see the prices will continue to rise.

Comment

I'd rather buy two 1/6 premium statues from Weta than have to spend up to 2500€ for a 1/4, the value for money is absolutely no longer right here.

Comment

I'd rather buy two 1/6 premium statues from Weta than have to spend up to 2500€ for a 1/4, the value for money is absolutely no longer right here.
                          idd, or that 1/4 have to be something special and Wicth King is almost there for me, but going foward i absolutely will buy more from weta then P1. in fact if the P1 did the smaug like weta did what you think the price would be? coz i payed 1.500 for the Smaug almost the same price as the P1 Aragorn, legolas and Gimli in my mind the Smaug is cheap compared with the other P1 Statues.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTRCOLLECTOR View Post

idd, or that 1/4 have to be something special and Wicth King is almost there for me, but going foward i absolutely will buy more from weta then P1. in fact if the P1 did the smaug like weta did what you think the price would be? coz i payed 1.500 for the Smaug almost the same price as the P1 Aragorn, legolas and Gimli in my mind the Smaug is cheap compared with the other P1 Statues.
                            P1 does not have Hobbit licenses but Smaug would not cost less than 2000€.
                            It's a pity that I have to quit so early but the decision has to be made otherwise the whole thing would end in a private insolvency.
                            Last edited by Plat; 7 August 2022, 02:49.

Comment

P1 does not have Hobbit licenses but Smaug would not cost less than 2000€.
                              It's a pity that I have to quit so early but the decision has to be made otherwise the whole thing would end in a private insolvency.
                              yeah i fell you, just want to see their Gandalf and Sauroman are probaly the other 2 caracters that i want from P1 should be epic.

Althought weta already did his premium Saruman i believe, did you pre order it? what you think about that piece?

Comment

It would be a shame if P1 did not publish these two.
                                Although I own the P1 Sauron that i love so much. I am looking forward to getting the Weta Sauron at the end of september. I think the dark paint and the sword option are phenomenal. I will combine it with Isildur and the other characters.

Comment

It would be a shame if P1 did not publish these two.
                                  Although I own the P1 Sauron that i love so much. I am looking forward to getting the Weta Sauron at the end of september. I think the dark paint and the sword option are phenomenal. I will combine it with Isildur and the other characters.
                                  yeah P1 Sauron is a grail and will increase his value for sure.

And dont forget Elendil will make a great trio.

did you pre-order the Sauroman on throne from Weta? if you did what you think about that piece? if i may ask.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTRCOLLECTOR View Post

yeah P1 Sauron is a grail and will increase his value for sure.

And dont forget Elendil will make a great trio.

did you pre-order the Sauroman on throne from Weta? if you did what you think about that piece? if i may ask.
                                    Of course

Unfortunately, I didn't pre-order Saruman on Throne and I already regret it, but there were just too many other good pieces on offer in such a short time, so I had to make a decision.It is a wonderful piece that will certainly not be available again and certainly not in 1/4, which would be very priceless.

Comment

I don’t think P1 will be releasing much more characters
                                      What gives you that impression?

Comment

Of course

Unfortunately, I didn't pre-order Saruman on Throne and I already regret it, but there were just too many other good pieces on offer in such a short time, so I had to make a decision.It is a wonderful piece that will certainly not be available again and certainly not in 1/4, which would be very priceless.
                                        yeah i am thinking to buy it, but i am waiting for P1 releasing their version, maybe in next showcase i hope.

Comment

Of course

At least here in the US all online distributors still have this available for preorder. My prediction for this Saruman is that many of the initial sales went to resellers, and they’ll be stuck with stock for a while.

I love the way Saruman on throne looks and I have room to display it, It’s just not worth the price to me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X