PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post
    Prime 1 may wait until the next wonderfest in Japan to show most of the upcoming pieces. I’ll wager they’ll show at least one or two at the upcoming SDCC.
    I pray you are right and that we will something in 7 weeks at SDCC. I would hate to have to wait until the next WF.

Comment

Prime 1 recently said they won’t be revealing many new pieces at cons anymore, instead they’ll gradually show them at their flagship store, this is because they have so much stuff revealed that hasn’t shipped or even gone into production yet, that they want to get on top of before showing too much new stuff.

hope that doesn’t mean we won’t see something at SDCC

Comment

I wonder when we will get the first of the Tolkien statues?

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
          Prime 1 recently said they won’t be revealing many new pieces at cons anymore, instead they’ll gradually show them at their flagship store, this is because they have so much stuff revealed that hasn’t shipped or even gone into production yet, that they want to get on top of before showing too much new stuff.

If that’s the case I’d not expect anything yet then. They take forever to release something even after it’s shown finally.

Comment

Sounds like we shouldn't get our hopes up at this SDCC, but they didn't say they wouldn't show ANY new ones at the cons, so there's a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post

Sigh, how long has it been since they announced that they got the license? It feels like a couple of years. I've never been very patient in regards to my collecting.

Comment

Yeah it’s probably been a few years , Wonderfest is not long after SDCC (July 28th) so maybe we’ll see something then if not SDCC

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Sigh, how long has it been since they announced that they got the license? It feels like a couple of years. I've never been very patient in regards to my collecting.
                  Well it has been 2 years and 247 days since Rena Gilthoniel opened this thread, so it should feel like more than a couple of years since they got the license.
                  I'm just hoping it will be well worth the wait once Prime 1 does start showing their items.

Comment

I'm a little afraid of the price for these. The GoW Baldur 1/4 scale went up for preorder a few days ago at $1200...

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Well it has been 2 years and 247 days since Rena Gilthoniel opened this thread, so it should feel like more than a couple of years since they got the license.
                      I'm just hoping it will be well worth the wait once Prime 1 does start showing their items.
                      Well, I wish I would have thought about looking at the first post date, lol. Thanks a bunch Min, it certainly has been a long time.

Originally posted by Zeegoo View Post
                      I'm a little afraid of the price for these. The GoW Baldur 1/4 scale went up for preorder a few days ago at $1200...
                      Well, I'm hoping that they will be around $800 - $900. Might be a fools hope but one must dare to dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Well, I'm hoping that they will be around $800 - $900. Might be a fools hope but one must dare to dream.
                        Yeah, if they do $800 I'm all over that Aragorn, $1200 would be a tougher pill to swallow.

Comment

Prime1 Azog at Sideshow booth at SDCC reveal night. Click image for larger version

Name:	azog.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	150202

Comment

Wow! At last the Hobbit characters gets some 1:4 scale love.

Comment

We need some high res shots. I really want to see their lotr piece as long as they have corrected the helmet gaffe on the base.

Comment

I'm sure in a few hours we will see better pictures, this is what I could do while Sideshow moved around their booth online.

Can anyone connect the base/ pose to a moment of the films? I thought initially this was the first fight against Thorin but here he is shown without the arm. Its not the final moment because the metal prosthesis isnt swordish, the base does not have ice. So this happens around movie 2 when he hunts the dwarves but he has spent most of the time riding his warg. I'm probably biased due to my love for the 2 Weta pieces. Azog on Warg remains absolute.
                                Last edited by pocketreef; 18 July 2019, 17:57.

Comment

From Sideshow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	350x350_SDCC19_904973_Azog.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	150371

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                    Prime1 Azog at Sideshow booth at SDCC reveal night. Click image for larger version

Name:	azog.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	150202
                                    I was wondering why you say this is a Prime1 statue? According to the Sideshow site this is an Asmus Toys statue. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

I was wondering why you say this is a Prime1 statue? According to the Sideshow site this is an Asmus Toys statue. Am I missing something?
                                      You’re right the page does say Asmus Toys now, but I’m sure it said Prime 1 earlier.

This does make a bit of sense though, as Prime 1 have stated before that their licence is for LOTR only, and that doesn’t look detailed enough to be a Prime 1 base... very strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post

You’re right the page does say Asmus Toys now, but I’m sure it said Prime 1 earlier.

This does make a bit of sense though, as Prime 1 have stated before that their licence is for LOTR only, and that doesn’t look detailed enough to be a Prime 1 base... very strange...
                                        Very strange. I guess by the end of SDCC we'll know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

Very strange. I guess by the end of SDCC we'll know for sure.
                                          According to Facebook, Prime 1 have confirmed it’s not theirs. So it seems it is Asmus.

Im looking forward to seeing more photos either way. I thought Asmus just did figures. Have they done statues before?

Comment

Working...
                                          X