PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Lorrcan View Post

    I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. But I'm glad it looks like you'll at least get your statue in the end. I was gutted to miss out on Sauron, but I didn't really have the money or space at the time. I've also considered sending future orders to a relative in Japan. Are the savings worth it? I'm in the UK, and I'm dreading the shipping cost on P1 Guts Unleashed, since it weighs over 100lbs!
    Thanks! Yeah I almost made up my mind that fate was steering me towards the Darkside Sauron v Isildur, but who even knows if they will make everything they've teased. Doesn't the new P1 economy shipping apply to the UK? I'm using sea freight for this and for me it's really a fraction of the air mail cost and a micro fraction of the laughable P1 shipping cost. I have to keep my fingers crossed that it will be safely arriving of course. There's no one to blame if it doesn't.
    Instagram: randy_baggins

    Comment


      Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post

      Thanks! Yeah I almost made up my mind that fate was steering me towards the Darkside Sauron v Isildur, but who even knows if they will make everything they've teased. Doesn't the new P1 economy shipping apply to the UK? I'm using sea freight for this and for me it's really a fraction of the air mail cost and a micro fraction of the laughable P1 shipping cost. I have to keep my fingers crossed that it will be safely arriving of course. There's no one to blame if it doesn't.
      Currently, there's no economy shipping option from P1 to the UK. I think my shipping fee for the upcoming P1 Guts Unleashed statue is over 850usd. Aragorn was 450usd.

      Comment


        Originally posted by invinoveritas View Post

        Let's just say its one big ass statue. It really is meant to be displayed as a center piece. There is so much detail all around.
        The depth (front of bridge to the back) is approx. 31 inches and width approx. 18 inches.
        I'm hoping with these P1 statues being massive, that the art box they come in with can act as their own stands.

        Can anyone confirm if that is possible with the BvG statue? As in, when placed on top of the art box, it won't liably fall off, and just provide the right height to be displayed?
        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

        Comment


          Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

          I'm hoping with these P1 statues being massive, that the art box they come in with can act as their own stands.

          Can anyone confirm if that is possible with the BvG statue? As in, when placed on top of the art box, it won't liably fall off, and just provide the right height to be displayed?
          No. Frickin. Way.

          First of, BvG comes in 2 boxes. They are standard art boxes, nice but not very sturdy. And the statue is HUGE and also pretty heavy! No way those boxes can support such a massive statue.

          Same with Sauron btw, just in case you've ordered him as well.

          Comment


            I wouldn't put either of the two beasts on the packaging, they need a stable base.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

              I'm hoping with these P1 statues being massive, that the art box they come in with can act as their own stands.

              Can anyone confirm if that is possible with the BvG statue? As in, when placed on top of the art box, it won't liably fall off, and just provide the right height to be displayed?
              Absolutely not do it !!!
              Your statue will not be safe!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Earnur View Post
                Ithildin No worries! I think that was true of some of the other pieces, but for the GVB it was just $100 over. The $1499 for the Exclusive is $100 over showing sold out now. That is what I paid when one came free a few months ago.




                I've never been a fan of batteries. They can fail and leak and then you can be in big trouble. I wish they would have gone with a plug-in adapter in the base. I might have to see what can be done to get away from batteries.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ithildin View Post





                  I've never been a fan of batteries. They can fail and leak and then you can be in big trouble. I wish they would have gone with a plug-in adapter in the base. I might have to see what can be done to get away from batteries.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                    Thanks. I've seen those adapters, but the problem is hiding the cable. Which in this instance, might prove very difficult considering where the battery pack is.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                      Thanks. I've seen those adapters, but the problem is hiding the cable. Which in this instance, might prove very difficult considering where the battery pack is.
                      Ya, no way around it. I am surprised in this day and age we are still working with these type of batteries.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by invinoveritas View Post

                        Ya, no way around it. I am surprised in this day and age we are still working with these type of batteries.
                        I bought one when I still had GvB on preorder (now cancelled), and my plan was to display the diorama in a corner and run the cord down behind his leg... Not ideal!

                        Comment


                          The Exclusive GvB is yet again available on BBTS for $1,499! Go get it! https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/130092

                          Comment


                            I wonder when P1 will finally present the Witchking, the competition does not sleep.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Plat View Post
                              I wonder when P1 will finally present the Witchking, the competition does not sleep.
                              Great question! But I know that people have a preference between the bases between P1 and Darkside so there is a choice. All P1 shows on their web site is "Coming Soon".

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                I wonder when P1 will finally present the Witchking, the competition does not sleep.
                                I don't think there will be any competition. P1 Witchking will be hard to beat.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by invinoveritas View Post

                                  I don't think there will be any competition. P1 Witchking will be hard to beat.
                                  Agreed. I've already made my choice. It will be cheaper as well, so double prizes.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Earnur View Post

                                    Sorry, beg to differ, the BBTS prices were $1399 for regular and $1499 for EX, a $100 mark up to P1 site. I never saw the regular at $1799 until TravellerAtoZ pointed it out.
                                    The regular was $1299 for a time. That's what I got mine for.

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X