PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRIME 1 studio (1/4 scale) LOTR line

It is not officially announced yet but Kevin Loke is a speaker for Prime 1 and he just posted this on the official Prime 1 FB group:

Prime 1 doing really amazing statues (also very expensive) you can check some of their work at their instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/prime1studio/
    I'm very surprised that they got the licence

WoW! They are Amazing But at a Total different price range :-(
    And the bells shall ring in gladness, at the Mountain King’s return, But all shall fail in sadness, and the Lake will shine and burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
      WoW! They are Amazing But at a Total different price range :-(
      Indeed 800 USD and above

Comment

$2099 USD for Wonder Woman, and we are all complaining about Weta's prices. I know they are larger but really????

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
          $2099 USD for Wonder Woman, and we are all complaining about Weta's prices. I know they are larger but really????
          Well they are over 1 m tall made by superb materials...but of course I agree it is really a lot.

The LOTR line will be 1/4 so according other 1/4 Prime 1 lines (like The Witcher 3 licence) it will be around 800-900 USD I guess

Comment

Amazing news, not for our wallet of course, but they have a quality that is really miles ahead of Sideshow, they play in a different league. You receivea statue that is exactly like the prototype, they even surpass Weta from what I've seen so far.
            One thing I don^t like on their 1/4 scale line is that the base are way too big and full of details that even distract from the character itself

Comment

They do look wonderful, but I'll do my utmost best not to look at their LOTR line when it happens cause there's no way I could ever effort those and keep my Weta collection

Comment

Indeed prime studios making amazing statues,i hope to see soon lotr characters
                "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

These will hurt OMG

Comment

An another forum member asked Kevin Loke yesterday what's going to be the first one and he answered him that was going to be Sauron. I don't know if it's true or if it was a Kevin joke, but he answered that.

Comment

You'll have to mine the plains of Mordor for gold, to be able to afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                        You'll have to mine the plains of Mordor for gold, to be able to afford one.
                        a 1/4 scale Sauron is pretty much the size of a 1/2 scale "normal person". So WW prices should be expected

Comment

I think it's a shame Weta did not move into this scale as ther is a market for 1/4 scale for sure. 1/4 scale seems to be moving through the gears some what and a scale which allows for some pretty mind blowing ideas. sideshows deadpool premium format is a good example. Prime 1 seems to produce some cool stuff, their Turtles were pretty epic. I wonder what their first three will be?

Sauron
                          Ringwraith
                          Gandalf

Comment

SS has already made a 1/4 Sauron. I would prefer to see something else from them.

Comment

Oh man Prime 1's Batman statues are to die for...

Can't wait to see what they do with the LOTR licence, but it is going to be heartbreaking that I can't afford them.

Is this a licence for the films or the book? Will they have the likeness of the actors/Weta's designs? Or will it be their own artistic licence?

That sounds like a nightmare from a legal perspective...

Comment

Prime 1 pricing can be heavy but it'll be interested to see what they offer. Never got SSC Sauron (or Weta), if that's their first foray into this line and it's to good to pass up I may flex it through SS. Don't have anything from P1 yet so it'd be nice to see something.

Comment

I'm both excited and terrified. I have Prime 1's Optimus Prime, Batman (Arkham Knight), and Arkham Knight / Red Hood statues and they are phenomenal. The Optimus Prime is nothing short of breathtaking and really commands attention. I can't wait to see them take on Middle Earth.

Comment

I'm not really familiar with Prime 1 and doubtful I'll be buying anything.

Once I checked them out I did recognise some of their stuff. Will still be interesting to see what they come up with regarding LOTR.

The Red Room
                                    https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                                      Originally posted by Stormcrow View Post
                                      I think it's a shame Weta did not move into this scale as ther is a market for 1/4 scale for sure. 1/4 scale seems to be moving through the gears some what and a scale which allows for some pretty mind blowing ideas. sideshows deadpool premium format is a good example. Prime 1 seems to produce some cool stuff, their Turtles were pretty epic. I wonder what their first three will be?

Sauron
                                      Ringwraith
                                      Gandalf
                                      I think Min nailed my sentiments exactly. Seriously. People complain about Weta's prices. I get that Prime 1 pieces are larger, probably more detailed and possibly higher quality, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, people tend to focus on the price/money. I cannot imagine how expensive these LOTR pieces could be.

If Weta were to actually consider a 1/4 scale line, I can only imagine the uproar over pricing...

I guess the redeeming point of the Prime 1 line is the availability of a payment plan through SS.

Comment

The 2099$ statue is 1/2 scale, not really comparable to 1/4th. I think for a good comparison, you should look at their Witcher statues, as both are fantasy and 1/4th scale, so 770 - 800$ as you can see:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...studio-902851/

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...studio-902889/

Anyway, with rising costs, especially of 1/4th scale statues, I'm actually surprised not more manufacturers have moved into 1/6th scale. You would think there's a huge market there with a lot of collectors being unable to keep up with the insane prices of 1/4th scale.

Comment

Working...
                                        X