Fancy Paper Thread aka Lord of the Rings Prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked hard at this but I decided to pass on it.

Comment

It would have been more interesting if they weren't pure sepia or grey scale. If the artist had just added one colour to highlights or shadows it would made a more impressive expression IMO

Comment

New LoTR prints from Bottleneck Gallery on sale today (Friday, 16 August) 12EST. All three would look great with statues! One Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, one Balrog, and one Boromir.

Comment

Originally posted by JediJanine View Post
          New LoTR prints from Bottleneck Gallery on sale today (Friday, 16 August) 12EST. All three would look great with statues! One Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, one Balrog, and one Boromir.
          I picked up a set. They are beautiful!

Comment

I missed out. I really liked the composition of Arwen and Boromir. I have been a fan of Andy Fairhurst for years. I follow him on both FB and Twitter, but I am barely on any of those platforms anymore

Comment

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to go with my question and I didn't feel like opening a new topic so I hope this is okay.

Sean Austin is supposed to come to the Brussels Comic Con next year and I was hoping to get him to sign a Samwise Gamgee art print. Preferably one with Bill on and either in the style and size of Weta's Gandalf and Bilbo art prints or Matt Fergusons TreeBeard one. But apart from Jerry's one I can't seem to find any. Did no one make one of this wonderfull character or is Google just letting me down?

Thanks for any info you can share

Comment

TODAY 15 October! 12pm EST Bottleneck Gallery is releasing online the Return of the King print from Ise Ananphada

Isa RotK Print

Comment

TODAY 15 October! 12pm EST Bottleneck Gallery is releasing online another LotR print from Matt Ferguson

Matt Ferguson LotR Print

Both of the two above prints come in variant colors. So check them out too.

Comment

Missed the first two prints in the series so this was a pass for me. I almost went for the FOTR print but the size of it held me back. Just hogs too much wall space for me. Pity.

Comment

Do not care for the RotK one, but the FotR art print by Matt Ferguson is beautiful. Not many art prints have Bill the pony

Comment

In less than 30 min (@12noon EST), on sale at Bottleneck Gallery, Artist: Chris Skinner. Each of the prints has a color variant option.

Edit: boooy am I bad at adding photos.

Screenshot_2019-11-14 Bottleneck Gallery ( BottleneckNYC) Twitter(1).pngClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-14 Bottleneck Gallery ( BottleneckNYC) Twitter.png
Views:	119
Size:	751.7 KB
ID:	159381
                        Last edited by JediJanine; 15th November 2019, 05:38.

Comment

Wow, first we have Iron Studios putting Helms Deep uruks in Osgiliath, now we have them at Amon Hen!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                            Wow, first we have Iron Studios putting Helms Deep uruks in Osgiliath, now we have them at Amon Hen!
                            Ya, it is a little silly to have all of those Uruk's wearing those helms but to be fair, I believe you can see a couple of Uruk's wearing those helms in the first Amon Hen scene when Lurtz yells "Find the Halflings". It's just for a half a second but I think I remember seeing them.

Comment

Almost all the Orcs at Amon Hen have scout leather caps but as Ithildin writes there is a short glimpse of Uruks with the Swordsman helmets used at Helms Deep righ after Lurtz yells "Find the Halflings" but they are hardly, if ever, seen after that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	amon hen uruks.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	159447

Comment

Bottleneck Gallery is putting a whole set of new LOTR prints onsale tomorrow at:

Karl’s LOTR showcase prints will be available for purchase Tuesday (1/7) @ 12PM ET on our homepage, Bottleneckgallery.com

Checkout this link for details https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/...d-on-sale-info

Comment

That's a very nice set. Thanks for posting, Janine!

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                    That's a very nice set. Thanks for posting, Janine!
                                    Anytime! Hope people can get ones they want

Comment

Originally posted by JediJanine View Post
                                      Bottleneck Gallery is putting a whole set of new LOTR prints onsale tomorrow at:

Karl’s LOTR showcase prints will be available for purchase Tuesday (1/7) @ 12PM ET on our homepage, Bottleneckgallery.com

Checkout this link for details https://bottleneckgallery.com/blogs/...d-on-sale-info
                                      Awww, just missed the Balrog print. That one looks amazing.

Comment

Thanks Janine - I decided to pass. I hope they give us the same heads up on the next Cliff Cramp ones.

Comment

I almost pulled the trigger on these. I like them very much but in the end I let them go. I have too many prints as it is and I just couldn't justify it. Hopefully the set I was going to get went to someone that will love them but I see that the flippers are already out and looking for blood on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                                          X