Fancy Paper Thread aka Lord of the Rings Prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TravellerAtoZ View Post

I was going to get a competing quote from Hobby Lobby, but I was so discouraged by my first quote that I decided to just stick with my Amazon frames.
    Hobby Lobby framed my large Vanderstelt Rivendell with a double mat for close to $100 - as long as you do not have to get into a custom built frame they tend to be surprisingly reasonable. I had a smaller print with a custom built frame that cost $190 - my framer there will always try to go with an in-stock frame or something that can be ordered without having to hand build the frame unless there's no other option.

They will also let you bring your own frame and just charge a reasonable price to mat, paper and add picture wire/D ring hooks.

Comment

I usually put custom frames in my prints... in this beautiful print from Rivendell, it cost me 55 euros in a local frame shop in my city...

It is not too expensive, to see a frame made to measure and the result is spectacular...

Comment

Given how Weta has their art prints a certain dimension, has anyone found a decent stock art frame that when matted, makes them look decent?
        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Completely agree Cliperión, I just had the same made for my Map of Hobbiton art print.
          Radagaster you should definitely give it a try and have one custom framed; there's numerous options and you get something fit perfectly to your liking - I'm sure you'll love it

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	302671

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	390.3 KB ID:	302673
            Last edited by Cliperión; 25 January 2023, 12:29.

Comment

Gandalf vs. Balrog by Rafael Falconi
              Giclee
              36 x 18 inches
              Hand-numbered edition of 275
              $50

Acrylic Panel Print
              Digital printing on 4mm thick acrylic panel
              36 x 18 inches
              Includes hand-numbered COA with BNG hologram of authenticity
              Limited edition of 75
              LED Light Box compatible
              Estimated to ship in April
              $125

Acrylic Panel Print?!!!!!! 30 minutes to Go!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	980.7 KB ID:	302725

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	949.3 KB ID:	302726

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	654.1 KB ID:	302727

Comment

I love the look of this print, and I wanted to get it, but I simply have run out of wall space and that is with having a 4.6m x 4m room with its four walls dedicated solely to displaying art prints. Maybe it's time to start looking at the ceiling.

But if I did go for this, I would have gone for the acrylic panel and made a light box for it. I think it would have looked amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                  I love the look of this print, and I wanted to get it, but I simply have run out of wall space and that is with having a 4.6m x 4m room with its four walls dedicated solely to displaying art prints. Maybe it's time to start looking at the ceiling.
                  You always have the floor, and make carpets out of them.
                  Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Haha, well, that's too far, even for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Haha, well, that's too far, even for me.
                      Is it really Ithildin??

You, that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Not so much the 'carpet' idea ... but Have a real wooden floor, place the prints that go along with the displays of the area, and then have a thick resin coating on top. You would never be able to sell them or change them out but it could be a very cool effect!! Like a path leading you onto the next adventure.

Your first art work should be

Last edited by Minuialwen; 26 January 2023, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Is it really Ithildin??

You, that wouldn't be such a bad idea. Not so much the 'carpet' idea ... but Have a real wooden floor, place the prints that go along with the displays of the area, and then have a thick resin coating on top. You would never be able to sell them or change them out but it could be a very cool effect!! Like a path leading you onto the next adventure.
                        That would look pretty cool. Have you ever seen anyone do that?

Comment

No I have not, but most collectors know that their collections are ever changing and evolving, while yours seems to, will it once you actually create your collection room. If it is still evolving, I would not suggest such a bold move. If it will barely change it maybe something to think about. Nothing wrong with thinking about it at least.

Comment

No I have not, but most collectors know that their collections are ever changing and evolving, while yours seems to, will it once you actually create your collection room. If it is still evolving, I would not suggest such a bold move. If it will barely change it maybe something to think about. Nothing wrong with thinking about it at least.
                            I think there may be technical problems.
                            Either the resin would be too slippery or it might be too opaque.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

Ya, I hear ya. Every day I stand at my display room mock-ups, I change something around because a new idea came to me. It can kind of drive you crazy. Sometimes I wish I had a rigid vission of what I want and just be able to push forward with it.

I am really looking hard at utilizing the ceiling though.

Originally posted by Fredrik Felagund View Post

I think there may be technical problems.
                              Either the resin would be too slippery or it might be too opaque.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Ya, those are things I thought of too. That and the scratches.

Comment

Working...
                              X