X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Studios Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Swords

Infinity Studios Swords are coming?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Plat; 24 November 2021, 03:52.

It's probably a Ringwraith statue announcement, as they're doing those 1:2 scales.
    Instagram: randy_baggins

Comment

Ok

Comment

I saw that, I would certainly welcome one! The details on the hilt look great. Although I'd prefer the third Ringwraith sword. But I'd welcome a wraith statue too.

Comment

The funny thing is that no one knows if it's a statue or a sword, but I'm not aware that Infinity Studios has a licence for weapons.

Comment

Oh dear, this could hurt me in the wallet. Really looking forward to the reveal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
              Oh dear, this could hurt me in the wallet. Really looking forward to the reveal.
              In 2021 anyone can say that,I have never spent so much money on collectibles this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post

In 2021 anyone can say that,I have never spent so much money on collectibles this year.
                It's definitely been an expensive year, but I chalk that up to the anniversary, which is an exception rather than the rule (except maybe the next two years also). That aside, I find that my collecting spending habits are decreasing quite a bit.

Lack of space, fed up with high prices, and just generally feeling like I'm not as much into this as I used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

It's definitely been an expensive year, but I chalk that up to the anniversary, which is an exception rather than the rule (except maybe the next two years also). That aside, I find that my collecting spending habits are decreasing quite a bit.

Lack of space, fed up with high prices, and just generally feeling like I'm not as much into this as I used to be.
                  And two years later it is the 25th anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

And two years later it is the 25th anniversary
                    You shut your mouth, ya hear?!?

Technically, every year is an anniversary. Next year will be the 21st year anniversary of FOTR.

It really just depends on which cycle Weta decides to make a big deal out of. I don't recall anything special happening at the 10 year mark, but I'm hoping things go quiet until the 30 year anniversary.

Comment

I agree. I think it is great they are celebrating the 20th, but it would be too much to celebrate every 5 years, especially since every anniversary already lasts 3 years with the 3 movies.

Comment

I'm afraid Weta sees it differently ... many anniversaries ... many income

Comment

Originally posted by Clintwood View Post
                          I'm afraid Weta sees it differently ... many anniversaries ... many income
                          I am pretty sure all manufacturers think like that.

Comment

You shut your mouth, ya hear?!?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C0240057-B268-4946-BC43-FA3D3739B003.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	245890

Comment

Hmm, I'm going to have to see the price on this but as of right now, I'll be sticking with my Prime 1 1/4 Legolas.

Comment

It’s a very impressive statue, I maybe tempted by other offerings, not a Legolas fan

Comment

Is that mixed media on the hair and outfit? If so, I think that's the first time in all these years that I've seen it pulled off convincingly on one of these collectibles.

Everything else always looks to me like those ill-fitting Ken & Barbie outfits from the 70's (the decade my sister played with them).

Comment

Is that mixed media on the hair and outfit? If so, I think that's the first time in all these years that I've seen it pulled off convincingly on one of these collectibles.

Everything else always looks to me like those ill-fitting Ken & Barbie outfits from the 70's (the decade my sister played with them).
                                      No surprise they managed to make it look good, this thing is bigger than the average hobbit...

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

No surprise they managed to make it look good, this thing is bigger than the average hobbit...
                                        You have a good point. The bigger it is, the more you can make the outfit on a statue look like the real thing. It's the hair that is most uncanny.

Comment

Working...
                                        X