Darkside Collectibles Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I have no idea. But I will raise to the Collectible companies call!

Arise, arise, collectors of Middle Earth! Marriages shall be shaken, saving accounts shall be splintered! A buying day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world’s ending! Divorce! Bankruptcy! Death! Forth, Middle Earth Collectors!

Comment

Arise, arise, collectors of Middle Earth! Marriages shall be shaken, saving accounts shall be splintered! A buying day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world’s ending! Divorce! Bankruptcy! Death! Forth, Middle Earth Collectors!
      Let this be the hour when we draw funds from our bank accounts together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn and divorce.
      Cheers!
      Bill

Comment

Haha you guys are too funny, I was checking, and last year Weta released Bilbo in BagEnd the beginning of June, so we might see something in a few weeks. Probably not a premium piece like Bilbo but we could get something.

Comment

Ithildin

Thank goodness I don’t collect Batman statues… but in all seriousness middle earth is not too far behind. Truly a great time. And it’s only a matter of time before I start collecting Rings of Power goodies and such. May my fiancé forgive all my reckless spending

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post
            Ithildin

Thank goodness I don’t collect Batman statues… but in all seriousness middle earth is not too far behind. Truly a great time. And it’s only a matter of time before I start collecting Rings of Power goodies and such. May my fiancé forgive all my reckless spending
            Haha. I have already taken a vow to stay away any collectibles made for the new Rings of Power series. It's just not possible now with all these other Studios making LOTR pieces. If Weta were still the only player, I'd take a look at the new PoW stuff if they are made, but the way it is now, I'm already having to make serious decisions on what I can and cannot purchase. All the best of luck to you though.

Comment

Haha. I have already taken a vow to stay away any collectibles made for the new Rings of Power series. It's just not possible now with all these other Studios making LOTR pieces. If Weta were still the only player, I'd take a look at the new PoW stuff if they are made, but the way it is now, I'm already having to make serious decisions on what I can and cannot purchase. All the best of luck to you though.
              20+ years of collecting would make anyone hesitate before jumping into another line. Can’t wait to see pictures of your man cave once you’re done with it!

Comment

Darkside posted this, it doesn't mention LOTR but still interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1652459801533.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	269263

Comment

I'm glad that they are not trying to rush and sacrifice quality it to get something out there. But it looks like it could be a long wait to see any of these.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Let this be the hour when we draw funds from our bank accounts together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn and divorce.
                    I sympathize, but I am already divorced!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Earnur View Post

I sympathize, but I am already divorced!!!
                      Me too - that’s why I can now invest in an LotR collection.

Comment

Originally posted by TravellerAtoZ View Post

Me too - that’s why I can now invest in an LotR collection.

LOLOL Well, I wonder if I were married, what my wife would think of something like this? It is art and I do like Dejah Thoris.
                        Attached Files

Comment

LOLOL Well, I wonder if I were married, what my wife would think of something like this? It is art and I do like Dejah Thoris.
                          How is that any different from this one below (for any one wondering, this is the one I secretly bought and not displayed due to spouse)Click image for larger version

Name:	dejah-thoris_sideshow-originals_gallery_60805998eaab4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	269460
                          Attached Files
                          Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

How is that any different from this one below (for any one wondering, this is the one I secretly bought and not displayed due to spouse)Click image for larger version

Name:	dejah-thoris_sideshow-originals_gallery_60805998eaab4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	269460
                            No difference at all. LOL And that answers my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

How is that any different from this one below (for any one wondering, this is the one I secretly bought and not displayed due to spouse)
                              To be truthful there is a 'fairly large' difference between the two female statues.
                              The top one is a 'victim', submissive, and looking at the skulls around her will most likely die.
                              The bottom one that you have hidden from your wife Radagaster, is much more in charge of her 'life', prepared and ready to protect.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

To be truthful there is a 'fairly large' difference between the two female statues.
                                The top one is a 'victim', submissive, and looking at the skulls around her will most likely die.
                                The bottom one that you have hidden from your wife Radagaster, is much more in charge of her 'life', prepared and ready to protect.

Just my 2 cents.
                                This is Dejah Thoris, who can hold her own.

From Wikipedia: "She plays the role of the conventional damsel in distress who must be rescued from various perils, but is also portrayed as a competent and capable adventurer in her own right, fully capable of defending herself and surviving on her own in the wastelands of Mars."

They both do share the same level of dress though.

I was focused on that, but I do see your point on the styles of the statues. Even so, I think in the PCS version she will manage to escape.

Comment

This is Dejah Thoris, who can hold her own.

From Wikipedia: "She plays the role of the conventional damsel in distress who must be rescued from various perils, but is also portrayed as a competent and capable adventurer in her own right, fully capable of defending herself and surviving on her own in the wastelands of Mars."

They both do share the same level of dress though.

I was focused on that, but I do see your point on the styles of the statues. Even so, I think in the PCS version she will manage to escape.
                                  I knew exactly what you were getting at.

Just needed to throw another perspective into the mix.

Comment

After appreciating the statue Earnur posted for an inappropriate amount of time (and I have to admit that the Freudian collumn that the lady is chained to is really hillarious) I can only agree with Radagast that if I were ever to get anything similarly lightly dressed it would have to be hidden away from the missus as well, because, well there's just no way...

And I like your perspective on the second piece Minuialwen. Wonder if the wife would give such a statue a pass if I pointed out that I was impressed by the strength and independance the character displayed as opposed to the, er, curvatures. I'd probably be called on my BS but it might be worth a shot someday

Comment

[QUOTE=Ithildin;n269143]

Mellon you're breaking me into pieces. This is so cool....

Comment

[QUOTE=Arwen0605;n270816]

Mellon you're breaking me into pieces. This is so cool....

Comment

Originally posted by Anarion View Post
                                          After appreciating the statue Earnur posted for an inappropriate amount of time (and I have to admit that the Freudian collumn that the lady is chained to is really hillarious) I can only agree with Radagast that if I were ever to get anything similarly lightly dressed it would have to be hidden away from the missus as well, because, well there's just no way...

And I like your perspective on the second piece Minuialwen. Wonder if the wife would give such a statue a pass if I pointed out that I was impressed by the strength and independance the character displayed as opposed to the, er, curvatures. I'd probably be called on my BS but it might be worth a shot someday
                                          Dejah Thoras went up for Pre-order today and it is already the Number 1 best seller in the Dynamite line, so if you want it better get that order in! I did. I am single, so there was no hesitation! LOL

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ris-pcs-909583
                                          Last edited by Earnur; 27 May 2022, 16:47.

Comment

Working...
                                          X