INFINITY STUDIO LEGOLAS,GANDALF,BALROG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Legolas with rooted hair looks incredible. However I have no interest in mixed media and the sculpted one doesn’t impress me too much. I’m also sticking with P1’s Legolas but I’m curious about that Gandalf. Hopefully they offer a sculpted version. It would pair really well next to my P1’s Gandalf vs Balrog Dio

Comment

I’m glad I only collect swords. I’d be tempted on some of these 1/2 scale pieces tbh. The Legolas is the best likeness I think to date and as much as I don’t like mixed media if the production pieces looks like those prototypes the Legolas works really well as mixed media.

Comment

That Legolas really is amazing. If they made a Galadriel like that or a Gandalf in a better pose I don't think I'd be able to resist.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	261430727_4498016186900721_146719165808064528_n.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	246552

Comment

Sauron’s sculpting(?) looks good, but the paint job could be better. It almost looks like oversized version of Gentle Giant’s Sauron bust.

Comment

I agree with you Ithildin , at this point it is not necessary to point out that these pieces are from LOTR
              I am fascinated with the Nazgul piece though. I typically don't go for large pieces due to the lack of space to display them, but this one is really testing my will power. I also like that the base on this one is Weathertop

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5291.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	246573
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5292.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	246574
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5293.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	246575
              Last edited by MiddleEarthFanPA; 30 November 2021, 04:04.

Comment

I'd say that base is Weathertop, which makes sense that is the most iconic Ringwraith scene/location and the pose of the bust is from the attack on Weathertop.

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
                  I'd say that base is Weathertop, which makes sense that is the most iconic Ringwraith scene/location and the pose of the bust is from the attack on Weathertop.
                  That’s what I meant, not good to jump on the forum before you had your first coffee

Comment

Originally posted by MiddleEarthFanPA View Post

That’s what I meant, not good to jump on the forum before you had your first coffee
                    Haha no worries, I really like this bust, I'm not usually one for mixed media but I might make this an exception, any guesses at the price?

Comment

Haha no worries, I really like this bust, I'm not usually one for mixed media but I might make this an exception, any guesses at the price?
                      I am going to guess at $2500~$3k

Comment

I agree with you Ithildin , at this point it is not necessary to point out that these pieces are from LOTR
                        I am fascinated with the Nazgul piece though. I typically don't go for large pieces due to the lack of space to display them, but this one is really testing my will power. I also like that the base on this one is Weathertop

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5291.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	246573
                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5292.jpg Views:	1 Size:	115.2 KB ID:	246574
                        Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5293.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	246575
                        I don't have any interest in anything this big, but I do find it strange that they made some amalgamation of the Ringwraith and Witchking armor. I know it is never seen on screen at all, but it these kind of details that always distract me from ever enjoying a piece.

Name:	PDVD_051.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	246608

Name:	PDVD_050.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	246609
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, do you think? It's mostly cloth, arms and sword. I'm hoping that it's around $1500-1800

Interesting about the armor Andrew. I didn't know the differences between the two. Looking at the bust, the discrepancies don't bother me personally but I can see how it would to others. Thanks for posting the photos.

Comment

I hope not haha at 1000- 1500 I'd be interested

Comment

If Legolas is between € 2000-2400, this is also expected to be the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post

If Legolas is between € 2000-2400, this is also expected to be the same price.
                                The regular edition was much cheaper, this Ringwraith doesn't have thousands of hair strands to put in place so I think it might be cheaper.

Comment

The regular edition was much cheaper, this Ringwraith doesn't have thousands of hair strands to put in place so I think it might be cheaper.

Will we see how high the price will be soon ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Hmm, do you think? It's mostly cloth, arms and sword. I'm hoping that it's around $1500-1800

Interesting about the armor Andrew. I didn't know the differences between the two. Looking at the bust, the discrepancies don't bother me personally but I can see how it would to others. Thanks for posting the photos.
                                    I guess it depends on the finish of the armor and blade, if these are just painted resin I am sure the piece could be lower, if they offer an option with metal parts I think the price would be higher.

N2Darkness thanks for the photos, I did not even realize there was a difference in the armor. Once again, your eye for detail is unmatched

Comment

The weather top base is a really great idea depicting the iconic moment.

Comment

Nitpick of the week brought to you free of charge: the pommel on the sword looks like it's bent backwards a fair bit. If you draw a straight line down the centre of the hilt, it will not line up (not even close) with the centre of the down point on the pommel.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                                          Nitpick of the week brought to you free of charge: the pommel on the sword looks like it's bent backwards a fair bit. If you draw a straight line down the centre of the hilt, it will not line up (not even close) with the centre of the down point on the pommel.
                                          Is this what you're referring to? If so, it's not that bad imo...

Name:	nazgul.png
Views:	287
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	246810

Comment

Working...
                                          X