Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	228749 Click image for larger version

Name:	213567148_3007787019496797_920292469663829505_n.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	228750

They look very cool.

Comment

Wow, they look great! Really good likeness! Which scale are Legolas and Gandalf?

Edit: Found it in the video, they are 1/3 scale!

Last edited by Gwindor; 22 July 2021, 10:39.

Comment

Weird, the video shows the proper bow but the image is the wrong mirkwood one.

Comment

That Balrog head on the base of Gandalf is just wrong...

Comment

I’ve always wanted a mixed media 1/3 Gandalf, but I don’t like the pose as iconic as it is, I prefer Gandalf hat on in a quieter moment…..and that Balrog on the base doesn’t work at all.

legolas likeness is brilliant, Infinity studio make quality stuff so I have no doubt these will be great
            Last edited by Moriaman; 22 July 2021, 11:33.

Comment

the likeness is unbelievable

Those lazy check the vid at 48min

Legolas is unbelievable. Gandalf is lame. I cant believe they have put a Balrog with all that fake fire on the base and what a poor pose. It is frustrating because in the right pose and even on a black base it would be the best GTG to date. damn. I also believe GTG should look peaceful on shelf.

Comment

Kinda quiet in here. I woulda thought a whole new company offering LOTR collectible statues in a brand new, larger scale woulda caused more of a comotion. Wondering if it may be too late in the game for most of us 1/4 & 1/6 scale collectors to consider upgrading. For myself, I can say my wallet has grown tired over the years & no doubt the cost for these amazing looking pieces will be nose-bleedingly high.

I will add that as an owner of four 1/3 scale pieces from other properties, I can attest that the in-person "wow factor" jump-up from 1/4 is quite a bit more dramatic than, say, the difference between 1/4 to 1/6 is. Take my word for it, the 1/3 scale is a pretty impressive one. But recently, statue (and shipping) prices have gotten completely out-of-hand IMHO, and I'm finally at peace with letting most new offerings pass me by and have become increasingly content just enjoying the ones I already have.
                Last edited by MrPickles; 22 July 2021, 18:07.

Comment

Legolas looks pretty cool, but Ganfalf is a but weird. And that tiny Balrog on the base...

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcol...55596686282151

https://www.facebook.com/19004299144...81062854003820
                    Legolas did very well!

Comment

Gandalf does look great in that video , can’t get over the pose though , pretty gutted actually

Comment

Legolas was listed as "half scale" unfortunately - maybe they changed it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef
                          Those lazy check the vid at 48min
                          I thought I had copied the link at that starting time... Thanks for clarifying where in the video they are

Comment

Legolas look good from certain angles. Don't see the likeness as any better than Weta's last two tries. Even if it's double.
                            Likenesswise Gandalf looks a lot better, but wrinkly people are often easier to capture. Too bad they chose to have his arms raised as the sleeves cover his face if not seen directly from the front. And I agree with the sentiments here that a calmer pose would be preferred. But I am no plans on getting any of these whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert View Post

Legolas was listed as "half scale" unfortunately - maybe they changed it tho.

No they are both 1/2 scale. Infinity have confirmed it. If it's been stated anywhere differently then they're wrong.

Too much for me but they do look good.

Comment

Who in the world has room to collect 1/2 scale lol the Legolas looks great, I've never been a fan of mixed media statues so it won't be something I interested in, curious to see what else they have to offer.
                                argonathfbanner by

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
                                  Who in the world has room to collect 1/2 scale lol the Legolas looks great, I've never been a fan of mixed media statues so it won't be something I interested in, curious to see what else they have to offer.
                                  You do wonder, don't you!

I'm the same, I'll look from a distance. However I must say the big LOTR logo and the Balrog head ruin a perfectly good statue IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post

You do wonder, don't you!

I'm the same, I'll look from a distance. However I must say the big LOTR logo and the Balrog head ruin a perfectly good statue IMO.
                                    Ya don't get me started on the base for Gandalf haha that pose is iconic enough that collectors don't need that lame reminder that he is fighting the Balrog by putting one and flames on the base. Should have just done the bridge. But I am a fan of Weta style bases and hate over the top bases like this and 99% of the P1 bases.
                                    argonathfbanner by

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post

Ya don't get me started on the base for Gandalf haha that pose is iconic enough that collectors don't need that lame reminder that he is fighting the Balrog by putting one and flames on the base. Should have just done the bridge. But I am a fan of Weta style bases and hate over the top bases like this and 99% of the P1 bases.
                                      Yeah 100%. Don't get me wrong I do like other company's work and it's great to have competition, but I don't feel like anyone 'gets' Middle-earth like Weta. Both when it comes to collectibles and in general. Classier figures, bases, everything. They're just more 'Tolkien' than a lot of the other efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post

Yeah 100%. Don't get me wrong I do like other company's work and it's great to have competition, but I don't feel like anyone 'gets' Middle-earth like Weta. Both when it comes to collectibles and in general. Classier figures, bases, everything. They're just more 'Tolkien' than a lot of the other efforts.
                                        Agreed, or they take a great looking statue and add abunch of none screen accurate stuff to the base and clutter it up. I'm not sure if other companies understand LOTR Collectors.
                                        argonathfbanner by

Comment

Working...
                                        X