Wall plaque for Hadhafang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall plaque for Hadhafang

So as of yesterday I managed to purchase a Hadhafang, a sword I have been wanting for a while, for $99 shipped! I'm pleased to finally be able to add this great sword to my collection, but I have a bit of a problem. I don't necessarily have room to put Hadhafang anywhere on the stand it comes with. I really need a good way to display it horizontal on the wall. So I was curious if anybody has come across any wall plaques that work well for displaying Hadhafang horizontally on the wall? I've looked around for one but haven't came across anything I think would work well.

You could modify the stand to work as a wall mount. I have seen others who have made new pieces with the dowels to fit in the exsisting holes in the base plate.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
      You could modify the stand to work as a wall mount. I have seen others who have made new pieces with the dowels to fit in the exsisting holes in the base plate.
      This, even if when I was considering doing it I was more worried about the holes to be carved for the screws on the bottom of the stand.
      So in the end I went with full custom.

Comment

I'm not totally sure I could do it honestly. I've never done anything like that before and I wouldn't want to mess the stand up in a failed attempt.

Comment

I customized the original power base to hang on the wall. I would do you some pictures this weekend 😉

Comment

That's how I display mine. It is the UC Hadhafang on the Noble wallplaque.

Comment

here's how I edit the original base to hang on the wall 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Sirjump View Post

That's how I display mine. It is the UC Hadhafang on the Noble wallplaque.
                I would love to do this! I have yet to see the Noble one come up for sale recently though.

Furaxx: That mod looks great! Almost like it was meant to be that way!

Comment

The Noble Collection plaque is very nice and fits the shape of the sword well. I would get one if it were an option but I don't ever see them pop up anywhere. Either way though it looks very nice Sirjump.

Furaxx your modifications look very nice! Thanks for the pictures showing what you did. I'm going to consider trying to mod if that's what it comes down to. I definitely like how it looks hanging on the wall, and it looks especially nice next to Thranduil's sword.

Comment

It is with pleasure, I hope to help you 😉
                    Thanck you jedijanine 😊
                    Last edited by Furaxx; 23 August 2015, 11:06.

Comment

Really cool idea for the back!

Comment

That's a really great idea Furaxx, I also recently acquired Hadhafang after a long search so I am very tempted to try this method myself. Do you have any tips or tricks having done it?

Comment

thank you very much 😊
                          not specially because it is fairly simple to realized 👍🏻

Comment

I recently made a wall plaque for my hadhafang, thought I would share.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hadhafang display 4.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	175142

Name:	Hadhafang display 3.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	175143

Name:	Hadhafang display 2.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	175144

Name:	Hadhafang display 1.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	175145

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That turned out great Tharazon. It really is a space saver having it hang down instead of sideways.

Comment

Very nice indeed, been thinking I might try horizontal version of this, I want it in the wall rather than free standing
                                  .... (edit) and now I saw the earlier section of the thread, lol.

Comment

Very nicely done!

The Evenstar motiv looks perfect on it.
                                    Last edited by wiking; 19 April 2020, 23:57.

Comment

Very impressive Tharazon .

Comment

I love that plaque. Wpuld you consider making some more of these or was this just something you did for yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                        X