United Cutlery - Horn of Gondor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocirus And yes there is glue also underneath the leather. Kit says he plans on replacing the rings on his to be more screen accurate but it would take a lot of weight for them to give it up, and the horn just doesn't have that much weight to it.

Comment

Originally posted by JJByers View Post
      Ocirus And yes there is glue also underneath the leather. Kit says he plans on replacing the rings on his to be more screen accurate but it would take a lot of weight for them to give it up, and the horn just doesn't have that much weight to it.
      Thanks for the info, and sorry things turned condescending during your convo. It's always hard when you're criticising something to someone who had a hand in making it. In my experience it usually becomes unnecessarily defensive when the criticism has everyone's best interest in mind. I feel a lot more comfortable now. And hey, if it does break then I can condescendingly complain about it

Comment

Yes, of course I understand that you can't make a mass product complete out of real horn.
        But at least as an alternative they could have made a "Master Collection" or something like that, which is then limited to 500 pieces and is made of real horn.
        I think 500 optically matching horns could be found.

But I would be satisfied if they would at least optically age the RESIN pieces so that it looks real and doesn't have that shiny look.
        I would be happy with that.
        But I don't like this glossy look at all ... it looks too new for my opinion.

Comment

They could have made resin horn and metal golden and silver parts. Would be nice

Comment

I agree than actual bands on a resin horn would have been preferable to what we have. Oh well, would have been more expensive I guess.

Comment

Ocirus knowing Kit its not how it was meant to seem. Thats just the context I applied to at the time. He's always been polite really.
              They were discussing replacing the strap entirely with something more accurate.This is the item I saw shared everyone favored if you're interested:
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/272985906151

Also said he would be replacing the 14G wire ring with a 20G on his. Figured its worth relaying should you want to to do the same. When I repainted my Deathless I asked for his input and stuck to it as best I can/could.

Comment

JJByers Ooooh, thanks for sharing. I'll need to take a close look at some shots and see if I can find some prop pictures to see if it's a better fit. That strap does look pretty good... I appreciate the info!

Comment

Here are a few prop photos that show the strap and the rings.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	boromir11jn5.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	204814 Click image for larger version

Name:	ishot-2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	345.1 KB
ID:	204815 Click image for larger version

Name:	ishot-3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	204816 Click image for larger version

Name:	HornGondor_sj.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	204811 Click image for larger version

Name:	HornGondor2_sj.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	204812 Click image for larger version

Name:	lotr-CL7-horn.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	204813 Click image for larger version

Name:	andurilhorn_SerNM.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	204817
                  https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Received my horn today. Very nice piece. Found a very small chip on some of the metal detail. Something I don't mind fixing as I plan doing some additional weathering and swapping out the leather strap. Just be on the look out just in case.

Name:	2021-01-11 13.12.03.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	204859 Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-11 13.13.10.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	204858

Comment

Glad you liked it and hopefully I will receive mine soon. Did you order yours directly from UC?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                        Glad you liked it and hopefully I will receive mine soon. Did you order yours directly from UC?
                        I got mine through Budk.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

I got mine through Budk.
                          Ok, cool. I got mine through Secret Compass but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
                            Received my horn today. Very nice piece. Found a very small chip on some of the metal detail. Something I don't mind fixing as I plan doing some additional weathering and swapping out the leather strap. Just be on the look out just in case.

Name:	2021-01-11 13.12.03.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	204859 Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-11 13.13.10.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	204858
                            Perfect

thanks N2D

Comment

Name:	137320595_1157239658041617_3568125536631652781_n.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	204917 Overview video on my YT if anyone's interested.

Comment

It really does look good JJByers.

Comment

Gollum seems to be enjoying his possession of the Horn of Gondor!! I have wanted one ever since I saw the one N2Darkness had in his collection video. It is a great piece, I just need to find a proper spot for it now. Click image for larger version

Name:	138558958_10223075183884734_7173300143124938069_o.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	204925
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

What a range in that collection!

Comment

Originally posted by ToyBiz 2 Polystone View Post
                                        Gollum seems to be enjoying his possession of the Horn of Gondor!!
                                        Nice picture!

Comment

Originally posted by jackd1210 View Post

Nice picture!
                                          Thanks Jack.

Gondor calls for aid. I just love this piece. Here is a short video of me using the horn. https://youtu.be/-RjgZJa1nAs

Comment

Working...
                                          X