• Show
Clear All

Tsume Planet of the Apes

Genuinely like the look and scale of this piece

https://www.tsume-art.com/shop/pota-..._campaign=POTA

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
    Genuinely like the look and scale of this piece

https://www.tsume-art.com/shop/pota-..._campaign=POTA
    That's a really sweet piece. But at almost 90 cm (3 feet) it's not the casual movie fan, I would say. Is there a big market for PotA collectibles from the new trilogy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

That's a really sweet piece. But at almost 90 cm (3 feet) it's not the casual movie fan, I would say. Are there a big market for PotA collectibles from the new trilogy?
      It is a niche market no doubt but it is a stunning piece that I think will be sought after later.

Comment

This piece is just stunning

Comment

Wow! That looks great. Thank heavens I don't collect anything other than LOTR/Hobbit stuff.

Comment

Thanks Dave , I’ve been on the hunt for a decent statue from the trilogy, I love these films and this is awesome, ordered

Comment

It's certainly something special!

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
                Thanks Dave , I’ve been on the hunt for a decent statue from the trilogy, I love these films and this is awesome, ordered
                That's very cool. I hope you will post pictures of it when it arrives. I like the movies, but not enough to spend that amount of money on one piece. That honor(?) has only gone to Thranduil and the Captain so far

Comment

With the price of statues these days Stig I made a decision a few years back to scale down by selling a lot of my weta stuff so I can just buy 1 or 2 statues of each of my favourite films for the man cave! Quality not quantity I suppose.
                  ill definitely post pics when it arrives

Comment

With the price of statues these days Stig I made a decision a few years back to scale down by selling a lot of my weta stuff so I can just buy 1 or 2 statues of each of my favourite films for the man cave! Quality not quantity I suppose.
                    ill definitely post pics when it arrives
                    MM! Seems a while since we’ve seen your likeness.
                    I thought the same as you, but it does pain me to sell my beloved Weta collection. Plus it’s a hassle. I have vowed no more. I had my largest cull in order to pay for Treebeard, and fortunately I like collecting the smaller, cheaper stuff now for when it comes to other interests. I am collecting the Eaglemoss models of Dr.Who, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, and whilst I would really like to get some Iron Studios Jurassic Park statues, they’re just too expensive. I do need some Jurassic love in my collection though. Oh and I’m looking to get some Ghostbusters stuff too.
                    For Weta... they seem to be scaling back now which is fine by me and my wallet, but I hope they continue, just at a slower pace so I can keep up with pieces I might like, whilst looking for deals to buy back some older pieces I had to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

MM! Seems a while since we’ve seen your likeness.
                      I thought the same as you, but it does pain me to sell my beloved Weta collection. Plus it’s a hassle. I have vowed no more. I had my largest cull in order to pay for Treebeard, and fortunately I like collecting the smaller, cheaper stuff now for when it comes to other interests. I am collecting the Eaglemoss models of Dr.Who, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, and whilst I would really like to get some Iron Studios Jurassic Park statues, they’re just too expensive. I do need some Jurassic love in my collection though. Oh and I’m looking to get some Ghostbusters stuff too.
                      For Weta... they seem to be scaling back now which is fine by me and my wallet, but I hope they continue, just at a slower pace so I can keep up with pieces I might like, whilst looking for deals to buy back some older pieces I had to sell.
                      Hey Frodoeyes, I don’t post much but I’m always here ! Haha

Yeah it was horrible selling them all but I moved house, met my partner etc so had to prioritise for a while, which meant selling almost everything in my collection.
                      now the house is where we want it I can start collecting again , Jurassic park, Lotr, Alien, Star Wars,HP and Jaws to name a few.

ive ordered this, I’ve got the Prime 1 T-Rex vs raptor on order (ouch) , still have the RWOS and Kong v V Rex from my original collection.

Excited to go again but with prices these days I’ll be much more selective, maybe 1 or 2 pieces a year if I’m lucky .

like you I’m going to hunt down some older SSW pieces I sold , all part of the fun!

Comment

I’ve got the Prime 1 T-Rex vs raptor on order (ouch)
                        Is it 1/4 scale?

Comment

Working...
                        X