X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Min.

I like that they are all so different.

Comment

Along with The One Ring, you'll have one ring for each finger. You'll look SO classy!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
        It would be my pleasure Valkrist . You may do the honours next time, since you are the one that sees these before me.
        I would except I don't use FB and the email newsletter I get from Badali that shows each new ring has a much bigger image, of which the one you've been using is only a small part.

Comment

The 4th ring, the Ring of Dol Guldur is out, and in my opinion, the coolest-looking one yet. Sadly, this one is also the priciest thus far at $289.

Comment

it is the one I like best by far as well Valkrist ! Of course it has to be the most expensive one.

Rings of Men - Dol Guldur

Comment

I hear ya.

Blue is my favourite colour.

Comment

Me too Val and Min. Blue is my fav colour. I love this ring.

I wonder if they will do a cut down price for the set at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                  I wonder if they will do a cut down price for the set at some stage.
                  That would be wonderful, and Badali is not shy about sales and specials either. My only fear is that they never reveal how long they produce their stuff for, and if we wait too long, some of these might be gone for good.

Comment

Maybe hope for an after Xmas sale.

Comment

Next one is up, the Ring of the Necromancer, and it's another beauty. This one is $199.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60eada7d-aff9-4a99-8780-2a9a7eefe621.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	158694

Click image for larger version

Name:	c83c361b-1ac7-4ee8-ba0e-d2cab120aa4c.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	158696

I'm kind of disappointed with the naming scheme thus far though. Simply naming most of these after specific evil places like Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur is not a reflection of the men who wore them, especially this last one as we know the Necromancer was Sauron himself. However, Badali's license is limited by what's in the books only, so they can't just invent stuff, though I wish they would have gone the Weta route and used region names like Khand, Forod, Rhun, etc. Still holding out hope we see a ring for Khamul the Easterling.
                      Last edited by Valkrist; 9th November 2019, 07:13.

Comment

I really like the 'man made' fire opal in the Ring of the Necromancer, but I don't like the setting nearly as well as some of the others.

Thanks so much Valkrist for keeping us up to date as each of these rings comes out.
                        Last edited by Minuialwen; 9th November 2019, 10:48. Reason: added correct link

Comment

It's fun seeing what they designed for each ring. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Is it dreamspheres who've made the Necromancer "gem"?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                              Is it dreamspheres who've made the Necromancer "gem"?
                              I assume you're referring to John Lowe, username "Dreamspheres", the gent who makes the Arkenstone and Palantir replicas?

I would assume no. If John worked for Badali, I think he would have told me by now. Besides Badali is a company based in Utah, US, and John is retired and makes replicas mainly as a hobby in the UK. Pretty sure there is no connection here.

Comment

I had no idea you knew him personally. I just thought the style looked similar.

Comment

If by personally you mean to have met him in person, no, I can't claim that privilege. However, since he joined UCForums a few years ago, we've become good forum and email pals.

I don't blame you for the assumption on the ring stone though. It does very much look like something he would come up with.

Comment

Working...
                                  X