LotR Kuzos (Die Cast Metal Curios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LotR Kuzos (Die Cast Metal Curios)

I have been excited to post about this for some time, and was given permission. I have finally had the opportunity to create an official collectible based off of The Lord of the Rings (as many know, a big dream of mine)! Working with Factory Entertainment, on their line of miniature die-cast metal curios, otherwise known as Kuzos, I sculpted 6 pieces (hopefully just the beginning!).

I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys!

Below is a photo from SDCC 19 (didn't know that they were shown there), and while the card in back says "Available Q4 2019", I have been told they will be pushed back into next year. Also, as you can see, the line extends past LotR, including Harry Potter, and Star Trek, along with Game of Thrones and many DC properties.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5956.JPG Views:	0 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	154902

Whhaaatttt???

Massive Congrats!
    Those look amazing. Guess I need to find out where I could get them over here

Click image for larger version

Name:	1477112421703.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	154907

Comment

That's really cool, Kyle. Congrats!

I see that Fac-Ent has DC, Game of Thrones and IT in their KUZO section at the moment

Comment

Congrats Kylie. They are very nice. About what size are they?

Comment

Wow! Your on your way! super happy for you buddy. How big is that finger of Sauron? I just might have to have that in my collection.

Comment

Congrats, well deserved!

Comment

WOW this is so amazing Kyle!! Yet not at all surprising. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

Whhaaatttt???

Massive Congrats!
                Those look amazing. Guess I need to find out where I could get them over here

Click image for larger version

Name:	1477112421703.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	154907
                Thank you so much V! Well, when they come out, if you can't find them, maybe a friend will have to help you out!

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                That's really cool, Kyle. Congrats!

I see that Fac-Ent has DC, Game of Thrones and IT in their KUZO section at the moment
                Thanks Stig! I still haven't gotten over it yet, watching the behind the scenes stuff for the movies is what pushed me into sculpting.

Yeah, they are really expanding the line to include all sorts of licenses!

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                Congrats Kylie. They are very nice. About what size are they?
                Thank you Idril! I am not totally sure what the size is, as on my end they were only digital sculpts. If I remember correctly, the max size of Gandalf's staff could only go to 5", whether that is the final size or not, I don't know. I will ask my friend at Factory Entertainment and see if he can get me the sizes.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                Wow! Your on your way! super happy for you buddy. How big is that finger of Sauron? I just might have to have that in my collection.
                Thank you Ith! I have had the chance to work on so many different things that I love, but never expected to get to work on something for LotR. Maybe they aren't Weta Treebeard tier collectibles, but I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity! I will see if I can get sizes next week. If I had to guess, I would say 2.5 inches.

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                Congrats, well deserved!
                Thank you so much!

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                WOW this is so amazing Kyle!! Yet not at all surprising. Congrats.
                Thank you Min! Well, let me tell you, when the project was offered to me, I was surprised!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Thank you Ith! I have had the chance to work on so many different things that I love, but never expected to get to work on something for LotR. Maybe they aren't Weta Treebeard tier collectibles, but I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity! I will see if I can get sizes next week. If I had to guess, I would say 2.5 inches.

Sweet.

Comment

Congratulations, Kyle!

Comment

Sweet.
                      Yeah, they are neat, large enough to capture detail, but small enough, that you can have an awesome collection without taking up much room!

Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post
                      Congratulations, Kyle!
                      Thank you so much!

Comment

Just received an email about sizes,

Sting 3” Long
                        Anduril 4” Long
                        Gandalf Staff 4.5” Long
                        Sauron Finger 2.25” long
                        Gandalf Hat 2” wide Brim
                        Sauron Helmet 2” tall

Comment

Thanks for the info Kyle.

Comment

Very cool. Congratulations, Kyle!
                            "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                            ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Thanks for the info Kyle.
                              No problem Ith!

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                              Very cool. Congratulations, Kyle!
                              Thank you Buckeye!

Comment

Ooh! Harry Potter range sounds very appealing as well !

Well deserved break Kyle and sweet looking curios

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                                  Ooh! Harry Potter range sounds very appealing as well !

Well deserved break Kyle and sweet looking curios
                                  Yeah, it is neat just how many different licenses this line will cover!

Thank you so much!

Comment

Great Job,Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                      Great Job,Kyle
                                      Thanks!

Comment

Wow!

Sorry to be so late to this party. Big congrats Kyle. You know I am a huge fan of your work. I couldn't be happier for you buddy. Very well deserved. Long may it continue. Hopefully one day Weta will come knocking. You are that good IMHO.
                                        Last edited by bill59; Yesterday, 04:42.

Comment

Working...
                                        X