Anything coming your way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything coming your way?

Hey guys, its been a while since I opened an new thread here and well to tell you the truth I have not been around a lot or as much as id love to...

So this year though its still at the very beginning well I have landed on a couple of pieces that I could not say no to, thankfully seller is a great guy and could only afford to get them only because I was given the chance to pay via a payment plan otherwise it would have been a sad day but as those who know me know that my family comes first
    So what I am asking here to you all is, do you have any preorders ? any payment plan on some pieces at the moment? anything ordered that will be released in end of the year or something? Not just Lord of the rings or statues....anything , I'd love to know...these below are what I am waiting for this coming year...and yes I have expanded my collection to other lines too but well

Click image for larger version  Name:	61a41585a8b9733f1af9b327e3a4fd22.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	138545
    Click image for larger version  Name:	48356828_261103121226943_7380975906052898816_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	138546Click image for larger version  Name:	thC41JU2M3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	138547Click image for larger version  Name:	court-of-the-dead-skull-apple-prop-replica-sideshow-feature-500227-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	138548Click image for larger version  Name:	UC3328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	138549Click image for larger version  Name:	78689077.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.4 KB ID:	138550Click image for larger version  Name:	1200x630_harrypotter_riddle_monolith.jpg Views:	0 Size:	565.2 KB ID:	138551

Just ordered 34 Lakeside in pre-order

Comment

Wait? Is that a bronze Smaug that's coming your way?

Apart from a couple of wee Weta things I also have this one on my list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	10538343.jpg
Views:	1828
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	138562

I'm such a sucker for all things Skottie Young

Comment

Only Guthwine incoming as of now. That might change fast hehe...

Comment

I’ve got a Peter Lyon MSSC Orcrist, Witch-King and Boromir sword on order that will all be finished this year. I try not to think about what I have left payment wise on them.

Comment

UC Narsil I plan to cut into shards. I meant to buy Anduril and had a derp moment, so this will be a fun project.

Also some leather for my Frodo/Bilbo belt project.

Comment

Aside from Treebeard the rest of my pre-orders mainly reside with Hot Toys figures. The following Marvel/Star Wars figs are currently pre-ordered:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.0 KB ID:	138605Click image for larger version  Name:	BP 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	138606

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thanos 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	138607Click image for larger version  Name:	Ant 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	138608

Click image for larger version  Name:	War 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.1 KB ID:	138609Click image for larger version  Name:	CapM 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.3 KB ID:	138610

Star Wars:

Name:	R2 2.jpg
Views:	1926
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	138611Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm 2.jpg
Views:	1895
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	138612

Name:	Patrol 2.jpg
Views:	1921
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	138613Click image for larger version

Name:	Mud 2.jpg
Views:	1903
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	138614

Other than that awaiting for details/pre-orders for Prime 1 Lord of the Rings to be announced.
              Last edited by Atomsk; 15 February 2019, 09:51. Reason: Resized images

Comment

Awesome pieces coming guys

Comment

Name:	87-01-01615_Hobbit_Dain_Ironfoot_on_War_Boar_002.jpg
Views:	1808
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	138618Click image for larger version

Name:	1544735758cfa627c52060ed71b5cfe30752f67b5c.jpg
Views:	1850
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	138619Click image for larger version

Name:	23279614083_dba6895b3c_c.jpg
Views:	1842
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	138620

Those are the ones coming my way in 2019 so far.

Comment

I’m cutting back.....

So I don’t have much
                    Treebeard
                    Ringwraith
                    Lara Croft bow (I don’t go outside ME but I LOVE bows)
                    Balrog bust
                    UC Moria staff

and just perhaps - all 4 of the Vauen pipes and maybe even a Kili bow
                    Last edited by Idril; 15 February 2019, 12:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                      I’m cutting back.....

So I don’t have much
                      Treebeard
                      Ringwraith
                      Lara Croft bow (I don’t go outside ME but I LOVE bows)
                      Balrog bust
                      UC Moria staff

and just perhaps - all 4 of the Vauen pipes and maybe even a Kili bow
                      Good thing your cutting back Jan!

I have these coming so far because they were going to sell out.

I will be ordering the following this year I am sure. But since they are in no hurry of selling out I can wait a bit.

I guess the real reason I am waiting to order more from Weta is because I am waiting to see what Prime 1 will be bringing us this year. I have a very good feeling that there will be some substantial funds going their way.

Comment

Ith, you must be rich!

Comment

Eti, were did you find that Smaug?

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                            Ith, you must be rich!
                            I wouldn't say rich. I've just worked very hard to pay off all my debts, including my mortgage. Along with my full time profession, I've worked a second part time job for extra money and invested wisely. I don't pay interest, I make interest and it's pretty amazing how that interest compounds itself.
                            Living modestly and focusing on what is really important to me in life has afforded the ability to enjoy my passion for the LOTR.

Comment

I think its a matter of perspective, to the rest of the world any statue collector is rich. If you can afford superfluous or travelling, you are rich. People when come to my place instead of enjoying the pieces spend their neurons calculating the worth...

My wife has put a little sticker on the wall in front of the wc saying: "When you love what you have you have everything you need". Maybe she wants me not to love the pieces I dont have lol. I avoid that wc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                Eti, were did you find that Smaug?

Last edited by Eti; 16 February 2019, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Good thing your cutting back Jan!

I have these coming so far because they were going to sell out.

I will be ordering the following this year I am sure. But since they are in no hurry of selling out I can wait a bit.

I guess the real reason I am waiting to order more from Weta is because I am waiting to see what Prime 1 will be bringing us this year. I have a very good feeling that there will be some substantial funds going their way.
                                  Ithildin these are just awesome pieces... congrats on TreeBeard and the Wraith....both amazing pieces.... I had to miss both Treebeard price was just out of my limits way way out and Wraith well when you add shipping and Vat it was too.... could have gotten it locally but I decided to pass on it so I can get the pieces above.
                                  As for Eomer I too am in hoping to get it sometime though with the pieces already coming I doubt it will be this year but hopefully it will be someday

By the way Hand of God Kit arrived yesterday and gonna take it to the painter next week so hopefully will have it painted in 2-3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

Ithildin these are just awesome pieces... congrats on TreeBeard and the Wraith....both amazing pieces.... I had to miss both Treebeard price was just out of my limits way way out and Wraith well when you add shipping and Vat it was too.... could have gotten it locally but I decided to pass on it so I can get the pieces above.
                                    As for Eomer I too am in hoping to get it sometime though with the pieces already coming I doubt it will be this year but hopefully it will be someday

By the way Hand of God Kit arrived yesterday and gonna take it to the painter next week so hopefully will have it painted in 2-3 weeks
                                    Thanks Eti, it's been a really fun time to be a LOTR collector.

Hopefully you will post some picks when you get it back from the painter. Definitely like to see it.

Comment

Eti you have a cave troll!
                                      Congratulations, he's one of my all time favorites.

Ithildin That's quite a haul, amazing. Good take on life too, glad it's working out for you

pocketreef Lol at that bathroom sticker. Each wife has her own way I guess in preventing those poly to arrive. Have yet to see one succeed.

This one won't quite compare to the rest of the thread but I have the Triss figure from Dark horse on it's way to complete my Witcher display. The other two statues I have are really well done and I couldn't resist to grab the last one in the shop for 30 quid. Besides, Triss is great

Name:	witcher-triss.jpg
Views:	1869
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	138807

Comment

Anarion Congrats! You will love her. I got all of those and they are great. The size is perfect and yet there's still a lot of details, and all that for an affordable price. I'm only not sure why their base needed to be so high.

Comment

Working...
                                        X