UC Guthwine - CONFIRMED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the poor backside, the most egregious defect on that scabbard for me is how the attached horsehead on the throat is resting completely flat, chin down, rather than sideways, with the cheek down. It does not match what's on the sword at all, and for me that ruins the scabbard and sword's coolest feature. Glad I cancelled Indy's and went with UC's.

Comment

The hilt on the Indy version actually looks crooked to the blade, as though someone swung it and it bent at the start of the tang.
      argonathfbanner by

Comment

Originally posted by TMcLim View Post
        The hilt on the Indy version actually looks crooked to the blade, as though someone swung it and it bent at the start of the tang.
        Yes, but I would call something like that just poorly made rather than intentional, like the horseheads orientation. They had a choice to position it properly, yet somehow they didn't. The crooked hilt is an out-and-out defect.
        Last edited by Valkrist; 26 April 2021, 07:32.

Comment

I am Glad I waited on the UC version. I knew the Indy version was not going to be perfect, but those comparison photos show how rough it really looks. Its like how the China counterfeits of some UC LOTR swords look. Oh well, at least it came with a scabbard.

The only part I can say looks better than the UC Guthwine is the way the blade grooves come together near the tip on the
          indy blade. Indys seems to be more like the real sword. I also like the three wire colors on the Indy grip, but the wire looks too thin.

Comment

Received my Guthwine today and very pleased to have it in my collection and complete the trio!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-29 12.33.43.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	218489

https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Congratulations N2Darkness ! Looks brilliant.

Comment

They look really great together

Comment

Amazing! Congrats N2Darkness

Comment

They are beautiful, Guthwine is the best of them

Comment

Very nice trio! My favourite is still Herrugrim.

Comment

I got mine today.

Is it just me, or does Guthwine feel cheap and small in the hand compared to the other two?

Comment

Man, that's a great shot. Thanks Andrew.

Comment

Do you have any information about shipping from The Twilight zone?
                            https://www.twilight-zone.nl
                            So far there is Q2 for horn, helmet and sword.

Or we in EU must wait until .....

Comment

Originally posted by wiking View Post
                              You guys seem to get everything that's Weta-related first, so I'd say that's a fair trade. Let North America have the win with UC products.

Comment

Originally posted by wiking View Post
                                Do you have any information about shipping from The Twilight zone?
                                https://www.twilight-zone.nl
                                So far there is Q2 for horn, helmet and sword.

I got an email last week from Marcel saying "He's expecting a shipment in the next couple of months, we just need to be patient" so yeah the watch continues.

Comment

Good news, they have changed the shipping date from Q2 to 2021.06.14 for helmet and horn.

Comment

Good news indeed!

Comment

Received my UC Guthwine today. I have Indy's Guthwine also.
                                      Yes, the UC version does feel smaller than the other two UC Rohan swords and also smaller than Indy's version.
                                      (And I have a small hand, even for a woman, and yet I can tell the difference).

That is probably the only complaint (such as it is) about the sword itself.
                                      But it was pretty lame of UC to have rooled up the COA, rather than keeping it flat, similar to the earlier issued swords.

As Allosaur noted, the UC version fits the Indy scabbard, altho' (also noted) the facing horses' heads do not line up any better than they do with the Indy sword.

I mentioned on another forum that this situation (UC Sword in Indy scabbard) could work out well for anyone going to a Con or doing Cosplay, because the Indy scabbard, being made of wood, can withstand some banging around.
                                      Last edited by Deimos; 7 May 2021, 15:56.

Comment

Yeah, they started rolling up their COAs a few years ago, and they do them so tightly you could mistake them for a pencil. I hate it. They're completely useless that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                                          Yeah, they started rolling up their COAs a few years ago, and they do them so tightly you could mistake them for a pencil. I hate it. They're completely useless that way.
                                          Tell Kit to change it. They sell most of these to collectors and I can't imagine even one of them liking it rolled up like that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X