Iron Studios Lord of the Rings license

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Yeah, I think 3 pages for this is quite impressive though!
    True, that it is.

Comment

These are very very nice. I am really interested to know the price.

So we have four - Gandalf, Frodo, Ringwraith... what are the other two?

Comment

Looks nice but not really interested. For now I stick with Weta.
        Anyone else thinks Gandalfs face looks more like Saruman? :P

Comment

For the people who have the SS dio the Frodo and Ringwraiths scene is probably of no interest. Also Gandalf does not come close to Weta's Gandalfs, even the mini one. So, thank God, money saved for me!!!

Comment

Maybe later Today we will see other pieces but so far all statues were very well represented by Weta minis. I wish they had started by the beasts. A cave troll in 1:10 would have been the perfect irresistible start. While not tempted to complete anything I will be anxiously waiting for beasts, dwarves and cool stuff.

Comment

Comment

So they do have 2 different nazguls then. I wonder if they are waiting to see how well these sell before making all 9 or at least 5 for the Weathertop scene?

It's unfortunate that Gandalf's 'costume' is so very horribly done. He might have looked good along side Weta's new 'old Bilbo'. I, personally, will not be wasting my money on this Gandalf. Such a shame.

Iron Studio should have had the phial in Frodo's left hand, and instead of the nazguls, Shelob, considering Frodo has sting, and the elven cape on. This scene they have created makes no sense at all.

Weta makes some 'artistic' decisions, but at least they don't very from the story or costuming to this extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                  Iron Studio should have had the phial in Frodo's left hand, and instead of the nazguls, Shelob, considering Frodo has sting, and the elven cape on. This scene they have created makes no sense at all.

Weta makes some 'artistic' decisions, but at least they don't very from the story or costuming to this extent.
                  Yes, I reacted to that as well, it does seem a bit odd...

Comment

So they do have 2 different nazguls then. I wonder if they are waiting to see how well these sell before making all 9 or at least 5 for the Weathertop scene?

It's unfortunate that Gandalf's 'costume' is so very horribly done. He might have looked good along side Weta's new 'old Bilbo'. I, personally, will not be wasting my money on this Gandalf. Such a shame.

You are absolutely right. Not very impressed with this first Middle-earth visit from a company other than SS/Weta.

Comment

I appreciate these but not for me 1/6 and 1/4 only ty

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post

Yes indeed , the floor is paving with moss a grass poking through
                        Originally posted by seregon13 View Post
                        Ah, very cool. The base is definitely a winner in my book. Pose is good too just a shame that the costume is so 'pronounced'. Strange...

I wonder if the gate on the base is complete. If it is I might buy it and create the 'no admittance' sign myself and display it like that.

Originally posted by seregon13 View Post

That is by far my favorite. They nailed that. That feels 100% Weathertop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	latest?cb=20130117111656.png
Views:	1
Size:	576.5 KB
ID:	133820

I don't know about the Witch King. He looks just a little weird to me, the way he grips the sword so far down from the cross-guard. The Morgul blade would have made more sense in my opinion. But that regular Wraith looks fantastic. I'm pretty sure that's going on my wish list.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

It's unfortunate that Gandalf's 'costume' is so very horribly done.
                          It was my first impression too but maybe it is not to be enjoyed zoomed in. The pic with the base shows a nice cloth, so it may work from a distance. I like the base a lot but I have a problem with the face.

These are prototypes... they usually listen. We'll see if they'll get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                            Looks nice but not really interested. For now I stick with Weta.
                            Anyone else thinks Gandalfs face looks more like Saruman? :P
                            I had that first reaction as well. Saruman the Grey....

Comment

New BDS planned from CCXP panel

Attached Files

Comment

could it be? O boy...

Comment

epic, oh Weta why havent you done this in 1:30?

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                    epic, oh Weta why havent you done this in 1:30?
                                    Perhaps because they have not even finished what was promised and advertised with Dol Guldur?

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

Perhaps because they have not even finished what was promised and advertised with Dol Guldur?
                                      I am on the same boat now that I got DGd env... I really want Saruman and Radagast snif. I will keep asking.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

I am on the same boat now that I got DGd env... I really want Saruman and Radagast snif. I will keep asking.
                                        You list two things that would make you happy - I list but one - what was promised by WETA when they sold us the product in the first place.

Comment

I'm in for Gandalf at least - have some IS, their work is stellar.

Comment

Working...
                                          X