Iron Studios Lord of the Rings license

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Studios Lord of the Rings license

I've just heard that Iron Studios, the Brazilian-based company, will be doing LOTR. They have posted an image of elvish writing on Facebook. They do Marvel statues amongst others and just recently started on Jurassic Park, and their T-Rex attack diorama is something I am obsessing over, but it's so expensive!

No other details yet, but they seem to deal mostly in 1/10 scale. They do lots of stand alone figures but also dioramas, and this is what I'm worried for my bank account for as I'm a sucker for dioramas. If their Jurassic Park ones are anything to go by, dioramas from LOTR could be insane. I'm already picturing Balins Tomb, Helms Deep... all the stuff I was hoping Weta would do before their badly handled Dol Guldur release.

Jesus Chistmas!

Comment

I love their statues, I have their MK43 and Spider in 1:4. Usually their 1:10 cost 99 usd so pretty affordable.

Comment

Just what I needed another line of ME collectables

Comment

Mmmm. Dioramas will be a problem for me to resist.

Comment

Very interesting news. I only know them from the Marvel stuff I've seen. Those look very good and are decently priced so I'm all for them doing LOTR in the same scale, quality, and price bracket.

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
            I'm a sucker for dioramas.
            Me too

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
              Just what I needed another line of ME collectables
              We ALL need another line of good LOTR collectibles.

Checked out some of their stuff and it looks mighty good. I would welcome this development especially if their statues are in the same price range as the superhero stuff.
              Last edited by gideon; 25th November 2018, 00:28.

Comment

2018 Comic Con Experience will begin on December 6, we'll know about that date what will be released on the panels. https://ironstudiosus.com/ is their international sales website that ships internationally. Sideshow is also selling their stuff and I bought my first IS statue from a shop in France: https://www.figurine-collector.fr/

They have a tendency to release pieces that have connecting bases, dioramas. I am specially keen to see the beasts, a 1:10 Cave-troll, about double the size of the SS-Weta Cave-troll (~1:20).

Comment

I welcome the competition. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to the announcements, especially dioramas if there are any. Only 12 days till the 6th.
                      Last edited by finarfin; 25th November 2018, 12:16.

Comment

That Thorin Oakenshield statue/figure looks awesome.
                        https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...e-toys-903912/

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturno The Dark Shadow View Post
                          That’s Asmus not Iron Studios

Comment

While the chances that I collect anything made by them is small, I am so happy to see these movies getting so much love, how many collectible companies are now doing LotR stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturno The Dark Shadow View Post
                              The costume looks amazing.... the face not so much.

Comment

Really interesting,price wise , scale seems better appropriates for dioramas with nice environnement details surrounding.
                                The first pieces will probably include 2 or more characters.
                                IMO a dreaming sculpture fitting that scale( size) would be the council of Elrond with you know 20 characters more or less .....

Comment

Lord of the Rings is one of the most important literary creations of the 20th century. It has created an legion of fans with its awarded cinema adaptations.

Now, we’re honored to be able to bring to life those characters from this Universe so rich with our Art Scale 1/10 series, which will be presented in first hand for the visitors of CCXP 2018.

See you there!

#IronStudios

Exciting stuff, they do some good work, I hope they do dioramas, Gandalf on Cart would work well in this scale

Comment

Isn't CCXP beginning of December? First few days? So we should hopefully see something soon. Along with more Jurassic Park dioramas hopefully! Seeing JP next Sunday at the cinema for a 25th anniversary special showing. Might stay in the cinema for the whole film without having to leave for being scared this time!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                                      Isn't CCXP beginning of December? First few days? So we should hopefully see something soon.
                                      Dec 6, 2018 – Dec 9, 2018

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Found this on the Sideshow Collectors forums, a pic of Iron Studios 1:10 Frodo portrait

Click image for larger version

Name:	qV4jrJh.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	133266

Comment

Working...
                                        X