Mines of Moria Staff: UC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines of Moria Staff: UC

This just showed up on FaceBook today. I know a lot of members are hoping for this one. I would love to know if Weta will ever make it as I like their detail and quality better than that of UC.

Well, that is great news Min. Thanks for posting it. I wish Weta would let us know if they are going to be making a version of it or not. I asked and asked about the pipe staff and got no response. I then waited as long as I could before the UC pipe staff was in danger of selling out and ordered it. Fast forward a year and Weta puts up a preorder for their pipe staff. They lost my purchase and many others because of their silence. I hope that there was a lesson learned there but I doubt it.

Comment

Great news. I’m really looking forward to this and I see Kit has made the light up feature better by using a disguised torch.

You should sell sell your UC one and get the Weta one Ith.

Comment

Oh man... I really want a Gandalf Staff but I have no space or money for different versions.... So which one do I go for? The Weta one or do I wait for this one?

Comment

This is great news! I think this is one of the most anticipated pieces in the Middle-earth community.

Comment

this is the most iconic ME collectible, I am very happy to grab one.

Comment

Thanks for posting! Have been wanting this for a long time, but the insane prices on the old one have kept me back. Will probably be grabbing this, just in case weta doesn’t make one.

Have to say though, I feel somewhat bad for those in posession of the original uc one.
              Always on the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by jrjhoe View Post
                Thanks for posting! Have been wanting this for a long time, but the insane prices on the old one have kept me back. Will probably be grabbing this, just in case weta doesn’t make one.

Have to say though, I feel somewhat bad for those in posession of the original uc one.
                UC didn't make the other one . . . that's a Noble Collection piece.
                "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                  Great news. I’m really looking forward to this and I see Kit has made the light up feature better by using a disguised torch.

You should sell sell your UC one and get the Weta one Ith.
                  If Weta puts the staff on sale I will most likely do just that.

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                  Oh man... I really want a Gandalf Staff but I have no space or money for different versions.... So which one do I go for? The Weta one or do I wait for this one?
                  I would go for the Weta version if Weta were going to do one. But alas, we might never know for sure that they will. You can hold out for awhile Vicky in hopes that they will announce something but I would not miss the UC staff if it looked like it was going to sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

UC didn't make the other one . . . that's a Noble Collection piece.
                    Ah yes of course! Thanks for the correction.
                    Always on the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I would go for the Weta version if Weta were going to do one. But alas, we might never know for sure that they will. You can hold out for awhile Vicky in hopes that they will announce something but I would not miss the UC staff if it looked like it was going to sell out.
                      That sounds like very sound advice, but it does require something I do not possess: patience

Comment

But there is a big chance they will, isn't it? The other staves have sold quite well from what I have gathered...

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

But there is a big chance they will, isn't it? The other staves have sold quite well from what I have gathered...
                          Sure there is always a chance they will. And a chance that they won't.

I, for one, will wait as long as I can in hope that they will or at least announce that they will but I'm not going to gamble on a chance.

Miss the UC Moria staff and then Weta doesn't make one and you can kiss goodbye ever owing a Moria staff. Weta eventually ended up making the Staff of Gandalf the Grey and the sold out UC version is still astronomically priced.

Here is a sold listing on the bay from a week ago for the UC3108 GtG staff. Can you even imagine what the price of UC's sold out Moria staff would be if Weta never even makes one? I'll go for the bird-in-the-hand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Staff-of-Ga...cAAOSwsh5bTKB9

If Weta wants my business they better let us know before UC puts theirs up or my money will be gone to UC.

Comment

Sure there is always a chance they will. And a chance that they won't.

I, for one, will wait as long as I can in hope that they will or at least announce that they will but I'm not going to gamble on a chance.

Miss the UC Moria staff and then Weta doesn't make one and you can kiss goodbye ever owing a Moria staff. Weta eventually ended up making the Staff of Gandalf the Grey and the sold out UC version is still astronomically priced.

Here is a sold listing on the bay from a week ago for the UC3108 GtG staff. Can you even imagine what the price of UC's sold out Moria staff would be if Weta never even makes one? I'll go for the bird-in-the-hand.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Staff-of-Ga...cAAOSwsh5bTKB9

If Weta wants my business they better let us know before UC puts theirs up or my money will be gone to UC.
                            To be fair, that auction ended with a best offer accepted. Believe me, it didn't end anywhere near that asking price.

Comment

Unrelated question, but I can't seem to find the staves of Thranduil and Radagast on Wetas site anymore.

Comment

Unrelated question, but I can't seem to find the staves of Thranduil and Radagast on Wetas site anymore.
                                I think they didn't move them to the back catalogue

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post

I think they didn't move them to the back catalogue
                                  Or is it, after a certain amount of time they take them out of the back catalog? They have both been sold out for a fairly decent amount of time.
                                  It does seem weird that they have tee shirts and the likes in the back catalog but not items that are more expensive and were actuall LE.

Comment

Yeah I saw it this week on facebook as well and I was totally ecstatic about the announcement because it's one of the few collectibles from Lord of the Rings that I do want. While I'm on the subject of collectibles, I've been bugging UC to make the Lothlorien Bow and they actually replied this week, but they only said and I quote, "Thank you for your suggestion and I will inform our Product Development Team of the interest in that item." They could make so much money from it and the collectors would love it.

Comment

So I happen to be on the BudK website at 1am looking for what I want to get for Christmas & I just happened to search "Saruman" & boom this pops up! With the release date of 1/14/2019! Let's hope it's the actual or close to the actual release date & not pushed back too much farther. Click image for larger version

Name:	A45-UC3328_700.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	134931

https://www.budk.com/LOTR-Illuminate...d-Displa-44721

Comment

Already!!!

The problem will be shipping again ... because of the size.

Comment

Working...
                                        X