Lord of the Rings, Print Subject and Print Framing Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jinkys View Post

My edition was published by Eaton Press in 2000. It is slipcased.
    Danke!!

Comment

Although I haven’t seen this film in many years, I have a renewed appreciation for this movie poster. I just thought I would share.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0E39EB74-AE8F-4436-AE43-E7AB30193DF8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	110196

Comment

Although I haven’t seen this film in many years, I have a renewed appreciation for this movie poster. I just thought I would share.

Click image for larger version Name:	0E39EB74-AE8F-4436-AE43-E7AB30193DF8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	110196
        That poster image is the first thing I knew from all of LotR - and I have loved it ever since. I'm not a fan of the movie, but the image is just great. That reminds me I should put it on a wall again.
        Do you like books? Visit the New books, old books thread!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	0E39EB74-AE8F-4436-AE43-E7AB30193DF8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	110196
          Whilst I am not overfond of the film, the poster is superb!

Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post

That poster image is the first thing I knew from all of LotR - and I have loved it ever since. I'm not a fan of the movie, but the image is just great. That reminds me I should put it on a wall again.
          You have an original copy in your possession? Oh my, oh my!!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
            This poster is not too expensive. Examples can be easily had for $75-$100 US or even less if you’re patient.

Comment

This poster is not too expensive. Examples can be easily had for $75-$100 US or even less if you’re patient.
              Oh indeed? Why thank you! Another item to add to my prints list!

Comment

Whilst I am not overfond of the film, the poster is superb!

While I indeed have a nice little collection of original movie posters, I think this one is only a reprint from one of these poster companies that also sell cat posters and stuff, maybe late 90s/early 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by Homunculus1916 View Post

While I indeed have a nice little collection of original movie posters, I think this one is only a reprint from one of these poster companies that also sell cat posters and stuff, maybe late 90s/early 2000s.
                  The more I know of the fellows upon this forum, the more I'm glad I chanced it upon its new iteration. I know it was mentioned (entreated? implored? beseeched?) upon your Book thread, but I cannot be alone in wanting very much to espy the shelves adorning your abode.

Comment

The more I know of the fellows upon this forum, the more I'm glad I chanced it upon its new iteration. I know it was mentioned (entreated? implored? beseeched?) upon your Book thread, but I cannot be alone in wanting very much to espy the shelves adorning your abode.
                    I know . As soon as I get the library in a decent form of representability, I will provide proof of it. Furthermore, I was under the impression that I had taken pictures from my posters, but my hard drives have not yet disclosed that secret. It was 80s stuff mostly, Conan the Barbarian, some Excalibur posters of different sizes, Once Upon a Time in America are just a few titles I can remember. Also some older stuff, maybe from re-releases like Spartacus (this one) and Exodus. I hardly remember what there is.. . There are probably many treasures still hidden away in flamer's basements. Just look at Adolfo's KNIFE collection. The Rambo KNIVEs instantly looked familiar to me. And that's just KNIVEs. I'm really not that much into KNIVEs.. but I can enjoy looking at nice KNIVEs.. KNIFE.. KNIFE.. KNIFE.. which early sound Hitchcock movie was that ? Must check my silent and early sound movie collection again soon..
                    Last edited by Homunculus1916; 18th March 2018, 00:24.

Comment

Great idea for a thread!

I just acquired this a few months ago, also from Bottleneck Gallery by Ise Ananphada. It has a cross of a medieval illuminated manuscript and a bit Aubrey Beardsley style that really appealed to me, a much different vibe than many of the prints that have been released over the last few years. It proudly hangs above my 12” x 60” cast signed Return of the King movie poster.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_5504.png Views:	1 Size:	2.71 MB ID:	108440
                      Ise Ananphada is working on a Two Towers follow-up piece Bottleneck Gallley.

Click image for larger version

Name:	72806FA7-F3FB-4103-B938-5CF957255159.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	116727

Comment

Working...
                      X