Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not in the states but you would be able to get one through Castle Kon. Rev is on FB so you can message him. He has reasonable shipping and the same prices as BuDk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. How can you see if he's got the helm in store? I couldn't find a fb page where his items are listed. But maybe I just can't read properly :/

Comment

Rev doesn't tend to keep stock on hand. He waits until he has a certain amount of requests and then places an order from UC. You might find his price list, but not a stock list.

Comment

Ah ok that makes sense. So I am basically hoping that more people than just me are interested in buying the helm? Budk is currently offering them at around 200$, if anyone is still looking for one *wink wink*

Comment

Hi guys and girls,

I received Herugrim today (and yes, some of you here should feel a wee guilty ) and I noticed that the brand stamp is on the opposite side of seem of the handle. Is that normal?

I do apologise if this was asked before and for not adding pictures. I'm just too lazy right now

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
              Hi guys and girls,

I received Herugrim today (and yes, some of you here should feel a wee guilty ) and I noticed that the brand stamp is on the opposite side of seem of the handle. Is that normal?

I do apologise if this was asked before and for not adding pictures. I'm just too lazy right now
              I just checked mine, which is an original release and the logo is on the leather seam side. If this one of the newer releases it sounds like it suffered the same issue as the Boromir rerelease.
              https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

N2Darkness Thank you for checking! It probably is the new run because I just bought it from my local dealer. Shame UC messed this up because I really like this sword.

Comment

N2D is correct. If you aren’t planning on selling it - you could ‘polish’ it with some fine sandpaper. It will remove the logo entirely.

Comment

Idril Thanks for that tip. Not sure if I will do that though cause I tend to freak out when it comes to handling my collectibles, so actually doing something to it on purpose...

Comment

I’m dying to order Bard the Bowman sword and Moria staff from BudK

bard sword is 149$ which I think is very good priced and staff is 209$

might pull trigger for bards sword but maybe wait a bit for staff maybe they will put it on discount ... what do you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post
                        I’m dying to order Bard the Bowman sword and Moria staff from BudK

bard sword is 149$ which I think is very good priced and staff is 209$

might pull trigger for bards sword but maybe wait a bit for staff maybe they will put it on discount ... what do you think ?
                        You do know BudK stupidly refuses to ship outside of the US, right?

Only way it will work is if someone is willing to order them for you, then ship to you once they've received the items.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

You do know BudK stupidly refuses to ship outside of the US, right?

Only way it will work is if someone is willing to order them for you, then ship to you once they've received the items.
                          Yes I know they don’t ship . Shipping to a friend in nyc but can I place the order using my credit card ??

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

Yes I know they don’t ship . Shipping to a friend in nyc but can I place the order using my credit card ??
                            Very doubtful.

Most payment systems are set up to flag a CC transaction where the name and address of the purchaser don't match the name on the card. Even if you give your name, it still won't match the address in NYC, and this is why most companies ask to enter the billing address for the card. This is done to prevent ordering things for yourself with a lost or stolen card.

You could try, but I wouldn't recommend it just to avoid any issues. The simplest way is for your friend to use his own card and payment info, and then you just reimburse him with PayPal or whatever. I assume you will already be doing that to pay him to ship to you so why not combine it all?

Comment

I’d try Eti. It just might work. I think they just don’t want to deal with shipping overseas due to working out taxes etc.

And Who knows, you could be living in the states for a year but have an overseas cc. You just need to have you billing address correct and different to your states shipping address.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                I think they just don’t want to deal with shipping overseas due to working out taxes etc.
                                Nope, I don't buy that for one minute, and here's why: the buyer's country customs office calculates, charges, and collects any applicable taxes based on the declared value of the item. It has zero to do with the shipper, in this case, BudK.

In fact, I believe it's more complicated for them to ship within the US because different states have different tax rates.

I think BudK doesn't want to ship internationally for the simple reason that UC products generally have a high defect rate and they don't want to deal with returns and replacements, which gets pricey fast when dealing with customers overseas.

It's one thing for them to institute this policy - their company, their rules. It just becomes downright unhelpful and counterproductive when they then restrict their licensed dealers from effectively selling their products worldwide. They want their cake and they want to eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

Nope, I don't buy that for one minute, and here's why: the buyer's country customs office calculates, charges, and collects any applicable taxes based on the declared value of the item. It has zero to do with the shipper, in this case, BudK.
                                  It is getting more and more common to pay the taxes when you purchase the item, just like the EU citizens do when ordering from the Weta EU warehouse.

Comment

So I tried and tried but with zero success

so I contacted my friend in nyc that I will not be sending anything cause of the problem and he asked for the links and he bought them for me which I will then pay him back in summer when visiting gozo …. Bought Bard the Bowman's sword and Rivendell Elf Helm such an awesome deal it was can't wait... but its gonna be a very very long wait

Comment

I am finally getting around to hanging up some of my UC swords I've had boxed up for some time. Upon opening the Hobbit Glamdring UC2942, I realized that the pre-drilled holes on the plaque for the sword hangers were done on the reverse side. That means the display side has no holes, and the back has 2 extra holes.

My current plan is to use a matching sized drill bit for those 2 holes and simply drill all the way through. That way I don't have to figure out where the 2 holes were supposed to be. This means those 2 holes will go all the way through the plaque. Does anyone foresee a problem with this idea or should I go about it another way?

Comment

I don’t think it will be a problem as long as you ensure the drill bit is the correct size. Those hanger pieces don’t go right through the wood and do jam in there.

Comment

Be careful if you are drilling through so the painted top layer does not crack and "flakes". I would probably draw the outline of the plaque on a paper and cut it out and mark the placement of the holes on it and use that as a guide to drill from the front side.

Comment

Working...
                                          X