AlwaysHappy's collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Nice additions Alwayshappy. Isildur is such an epic piece in every way. Congrats on getting him.

    Comment


    • #82
      Been a while since I updated my collection. Switched some things (of which I will share photos later), but first my newest addition! Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth!

      Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth by Ingmar Bocker Kuijpers, on Flickr

      Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth-2 by Ingmar Bocker Kuijpers, on Flickr

      Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth-3 by Ingmar Bocker Kuijpers, on Flickr

      Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth-4 by Ingmar Bocker Kuijpers, on Flickr

      Comment


      • #83
        Congrats on adding such a wonderful piece to your collection Alwayshappy.

        Comment


        • #84
          Originally posted by bill59 View Post
          Congrats on adding such a wonderful piece to your collection Alwayshappy.
          Thank you, she's already the highlight of the collection

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

            Thank you, she's already the highlight of the collection
            For sure! She looks great in your display and really draws your eye towards her.

            Comment


            • #86
              Damn... I get tired from waiting
              Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

              Comment


              • #87
                My congratulation to your new addition.
                The Argonath. Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

                  For sure! She looks great in your display and really draws your eye towards her.
                  Thank You! Yes, she's the biggest statue I have (though Thorin's throne is higher), so it's easy to draw your eye towards. I'm thrilled with her.

                  Originally posted by Anduin View Post
                  My congratulation to your new addition.
                  Thanks!

                  Now the wait untill Tauriel's release. When she's shipped I hope to be able to get the Dwarfs (of the Iron Hills) with my WETA dollars.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Very nice shots! She looks really lovely in those photos. Love what we can see if your display as well.

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                      Very nice shots! She looks really lovely in those photos. Love what we can see if your display as well.
                      Thank you!
                      I just don't like the fact that I forgot to give each photo the same white balance It looked all right in Lightroom, but when I posted them I saw differences (color of the wall). Plus the light in our home isn't super great (and no external flash), so had to shoot very wide with high ISO. I'm sure you know what I mean, being a pro photographer and all

                      Comment


                      • #91
                        Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                        Thank you!
                        I just don't like the fact that I forgot to give each photo the same white balance It looked all right in Lightroom, but when I posted them I saw differences (color of the wall). Plus the light in our home isn't super great (and no external flash), so had to shoot very wide with high ISO. I'm sure you know what I mean, being a pro photographer and all
                        Most welcome.

                        It happens. I always tend to have slightly different numbers on mine. Just because the nature of shooting outside can change over the course a shoot. That’s what I’m sure happened shooting in your room with the natural light coming in. All that said I think the photos look awesome.

                        PS: Thank you for the compliment.

                        Comment


                        • #92
                          Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                          Most welcome.

                          It happens. I always tend to have slightly different numbers on mine. Just because the nature of shooting outside can change over the course a shoot. That’s what I’m sure happened shooting in your room with the natural light coming in. All that said I think the photos look awesome.

                          PS: Thank you for the compliment.
                          Yeah, the weather wasn't very stable So the light changed quite a lot. But yeah, other than that I'm very sattisfied. Thank you for the compliment too! Already looking forward to your pics and video aswell, hope you're going to be happy with her.

                          Comment


                          • #93
                            Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                            Yeah, the weather wasn't very stable So the light changed quite a lot. But yeah, other than that I'm very sattisfied. Thank you for the compliment too! Already looking forward to your pics and video aswell, hope you're going to be happy with her.
                            I’m sure. That’s why I don’t do much in the way of reviews during the winter here. No problem at all. Nice! Thanks for that. I like what I’m seeing so far. Really only one small thing I’d see maybe might be worth tweaking at all.

                            Comment


                            • #94
                              Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                              I’m sure. That’s why I don’t do much in the way of reviews during the winter here. No problem at all. Nice! Thanks for that. I like what I’m seeing so far. Really only one small thing I’d see maybe might be worth tweaking at all.
                              Which small thing are you talking about?

                              Comment


                              • #95
                                Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                                Which small thing are you talking about?
                                Inside her mouth. It appears they didn’t add any shading. So it’s just the skin colored resin. I might get a fine tip permanent pen and fill it in.

                                Comment


                                • #96
                                  Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                                  Inside her mouth. It appears they didn’t add any shading. So it’s just the skin colored resin. I might get a fine tip permanent pen and fill it in.
                                  Ah, that's a good one

                                  Comment


                                  • #97
                                    Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                                    Ah, that's a good one
                                    Of course it will depend on if I feel gutsy enough.

                                    Comment


                                    • #98
                                      Video of Arwen (shot on iPhone XR):

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X