Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlwaysHappy's collection

Hi everyone!

After seeing so many beatiful collections on here I decided that I wanted to share mine aswell.
    Note: I only started collecting (statues that is) about one year ago, so it's not as big as most here.
    I'm very happy with what I've got, but there are some statues that I'll get in the coming months (Isildur already on pre-order).
    I'm posting pictures of every shelf in the showcase (except for the highest one, since that one is filled with personal photos/items.
    As you can see we're also collecting dvd's/blu-ray's. We have even more in our book-cases in our computer room. Yazneg is on top of one of them.
    My plan is to have some ''villain'' statues on the book cases, next to Yazeg (think of Witch King, etc).
    Eowyn stands on top of the showcase as you may see. There's still spot for two more statues next to her (plus elsewhere in the showcase).

My favorite statue? Hard to pick as I love them all. I think I have to go with Legolas Greenleaf though. The likeness and detail are amazing, aswell as the pose.
    Also quite in love with the miniature line, they're still quite big and the detail is great. Affordable aswell, which is a bonus. Gimli is my favorite miniature.

Photos are taken with the Nikon D610 and a 50mm lens. Not every photo turned out the way I wanted, even with a filter on the lens to avoid reflections. Most look good enough though! If you click on the link below each photo you can see the larger version.

Showcase-4 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-13 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-3 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-14 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-12 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-9 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-6 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-7 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-8 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-5 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-2 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-10 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase-11 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
    Showcase by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr

To have started only for 1 year you already have a wonderful collection, congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer View Post
      To have started only for 1 year you already have a wonderful collection, congratulations!!!
      Thank you! Really happy with the collection so far! Just sad that I'm missing some statues that were sold out before I even started (Tauriel, I look at you!).

Comment

These two photos made me smile...

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Showcase-3 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr
        Showcase-14 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr

Aragorn: "What are your reading, love?"
        Arwen: "How to cook Mumak stew."

Sméagol: "What has we gots there, Bagginssss?"
        Frodo: "I got Viggo's autograph, see?"

Comment

[QUOTE

Frodo: "I got Viggo's autograph, see?"[/QUOTE]

Ringwraith: “Really??? Can I see???”
          LOL

Comment

Very nice collection. Your off to a wonderful start. You will be able to enjoy looking at them for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanobarrios View Post
              [QUOTE

Frodo: "I got Viggo's autograph, see?"
              Ringwraith: “Really??? Can I see???”
              LOL[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh

I put them that way on purpose, Frodo sitting there innocently, not knowing what dangers are waiting for him. And it's obvious why I put Arwen and Strider together, book club with benefits ;)

Comment

That's a great collection Alwayshappy, you collected in one year what I collected in five

Looking forward to that villain shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarion View Post
                  That's a great collection Alwayshappy, you collected in one year what I collected in five

Looking forward to that villain shelf.
                  Thank you Yes, looking forward to that shelf aswell! Time to save some pennies ;)

Comment

Got this showcase coming our way: http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/catalog/pr...86/#/S29059448

More storage room! The middle part anyway, aswell as on top.

Comment

Got this showcase coming our way: http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/catalog/pr...86/#/S29059448

More storage room! The middle part anyway, aswell as on top.
                      Very nice! It will probably be the first of many future additional showcases as your collection continues to expand.

Comment

Hi guys! Got some new statues lately, thought you may like to see them When taking the photos it was dark outside and light is not super great in house, so photos could be better, but they turned out great. The second photo always features Eowyn, but she was already there. Just wanted to show my goal to have three (Galadriel on her way) white clothed statues next to eachother on top of one of our showcases. They're on top of the showcase that you can see in my original photos.

The Witch King is placed next to Yazneg on one of our dvd cases. Thorin is on top of our new showcase in our study room (opposite the before mentioned dvd case). The main showcase is in the living room (with Eowyn and Saruman on top).

statues by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr

statues-3 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr

statues-2 by Ingmar Bocker, on Flickr

Comment

Congratulations on these beautiful additions and thanks for sharing these supreme images

Comment

Awesome Collection

Comment

Thank you both

Comment

Love watching peoples collections grow! You have added some awesome pieces! Congrats

Comment

Great collection, I loved to see all those minis together. I only have one mini, Gimli on uruk, and he looks so small all alone next to all the 1/6 scales.
                                  Last edited by Herendil; 13th January 2018, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Herendil View Post
                                    Great collection, I loved to see all those minis together. I only have one mini, Gimli on uruk, and he looks to small all alone next to all the 1/6 scales.
                                    Thank you both! Yes, I'm in love with the miniature line. Affordable and they are still full of detail.

Recently bought King of the Dead aswell (and Elrond 1:6) but haven't unpacked them yet.

Comment

Thank you both! Yes, I'm in love with the miniature line. Affordable and they are still full of detail.
                                      I agree with you

Comment

Very nice collection for only a short time of collecting. Just a question, are you the one selling Yazneg from Delft (my birth town by the way, live there almost all my life)? Was just wondering why you're selling

Comment

Working...
                                        X